Community
Wiki Posts
Search

is it any good?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 06:43 AM
Tech Rookie

Default is it any good?

Hey all i wanna get into racing; nothing too competitive just a bit of fun. for a while ive owned a Tamiya TA03F with (i think) a 11 turn motor and ball races. is this a good car to start racing with?
Old 07-21-2005, 06:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

if you are just getting back into racing then the TA03 should be fine for racing 540 class (standard 540 silver can) don't try to run mod with your 11 turn straight away as you will just make a fool of yourself

also don't buy any hop ups or bits specifically for the TA03, and save your $$ for a new/er chassis,
Old 07-21-2005, 06:07 PM
Tech Rookie

What exactly is wrong with the ta03f? just age? coz i was thinkin of makin up a twin deck type chassis outta carbon fibre.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The TA03 is an obsolete chassis, especially now its grandson, the TA05, has just been released. I'd suggest starting with a silver can motor first, the work your way up. But inregards to racing, the car will be fine for 540 novice and maybe Pro, but will be outclassed in Stock and Mod classes.