Wiki Posts
Search

Sydney rc clubs?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 04:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default Sydney rc clubs?

Hi guys i am a keen 1/10th elec offroader that is moving to jervis bay in about 6 weeks time. I will be looking at racing once we get setup there on a monthly basis because of the distance involved to get to the clubs.
So far i have found these potential clubs.

Castle Hill
Rydes
St Ives

They all seem to be on the north side of Sydney, so i was just wondering if there is anything on the south side of sydney.

Also what 1/8th scale nitro clubs are there in sydney because if there is one closer to me i might get back into nitro?

Thanks for any help you can give me!

peter
Old 09-17-2013, 04:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Boadazofa
Hi guys i am a keen 1/10th elec offroader that is moving to jervis bay in about 6 weeks time. I will be looking at racing once we get setup there on a monthly basis because of the distance involved to get to the clubs.
So far i have found these potential clubs.

Castle Hill
Rydes
St Ives

They all seem to be on the north side of Sydney, so i was just wondering if there is anything on the south side of sydney.

Also what 1/8th scale nitro clubs are there in sydney because if there is one closer to me i might get back into nitro?

Thanks for any help you can give me!

peter
If you're limiting yourself to Offroad there are two 1/8 clubs that might interest you:

* Liverpool Radio Rally Cross Club
* Illawarra Model Car Club (Offroad), Albion Park

The Illawarra club have run 1/10 in the past, and might again if there were enough interest. Liverpool have run short course on selected race days, but no buggy as far as I know.

Side note: A car club in Jervis Bay would be an interesting dilemma for AARCMCC. Jervis Bay is a Territory, not part of NSW, and technically not part of the ACT, though I believe residents there vote for the ACT Senate. Would we get a Jervis Bay State Championship or would the would they be bidding for the ACT State Championship? Sorry, this is not at all relevant, I just found it unnaturally interesting to think about.
Old 09-17-2013, 05:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Radio Active
. Jervis Bay is a Territory, not part of NSW, and technically not part of the ACT
Far out. Do you learn something new everyday.
Old 09-17-2013, 05:58 AM
Tech Regular

*To Wikipedia!*
The Jervis Bay Territory is a territory of the Commonwealth of Australia. It was surrendered by the state of New South Wales to the Commonwealth Government in 1915 so that the Federal capital at Canberra would have "access to the sea".
However, it is counted as part of the ACT for the purpose of the ACT's representation in the Senate.
Wow! I'm actually surprised how many people would probably not know this! o_o
Old 09-18-2013, 06:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

@Boadazofa: Also check out the [Sutherland] Shire Off-road thread, there seems to be something developing there.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Not knowing how far could also contact ACT on road I think they have an off road as well so post on them could be if you are in the middle another option.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

cheers for the info guys great help! Might check out the illawarra club as i believe that will be the closest to me.

As far as the territory thing i think only the boodaree national park is class as A.C.T. i can confirm this if people are interested because my wifes friend is the manager of the boodaree national park.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Boadazofa
cheers for the info guys great help! Might check out the illawarra club as i believe that will be the closest to me.

As far as the territory thing i think only the boodaree national park is class as A.C.T. i can confirm this if people are interested because my wifes friend is the manager of the boodaree national park.
I have seen Nerdling from the ACT with an off road so pm him he might have other info that could help.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:20 PM
SH
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

For 10th scale Ryde would be the easiest to get to & a couple of different ways of getting there....I'll pm you my number.

Jervis Bay is covers a number of suburbs (coastal villages) & only a small part is under the Jervis Bay territory (ACT)
Old 09-20-2013, 02:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks guys, I have raced at rydes before for a state title many years ago, good little track! Might look into 1/8th scale at albion park looks a little closer! will check there website and send an email off to see how things are going there!