2005 ORRCA Qld On-Road EP Titles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2005 ORRCA Qld On-Road EP Titles

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 08:58 AM
Tech Regular

if 19 turn is only demo how much u gana charge hopefuly not the same as other main events.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Iain
I'm just wondering why the decision to run the 19t class was taken? It's a state title, do we really need to be running a demonstration class? As, unless someone runs a second car, won't it be taking people away from the proper classes??

Iain
It's a Club decission whether to run this or not. ORRCA Qld do not support it but are not going to stop it from being offered at our event. It will however be the first class to be cut if time is running short on the day for all the preimer classses to be completed.

Cost of classes have not yet been finialised.

Regards,
Peter
Old 06-28-2005, 01:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Peter,

Has there been any sort of actual testing of the Spectrum units to ensure they don't cause interference to other types of radios?

I only ask because I never get interference and last weekend I got a couple of glitches racing with the guys I always race with, with the exception of one driver who was using a spectrum unit.
Co-incidently, my car glitched when it was directly opposite his position on the stand.

Might just be a one-off but after reading what happened at the worlds I'm a tad suspicious.

Afterall, it's a pretty good marketing strategy - "buy one or you'll get interference"
Old 06-28-2005, 03:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey Davo,

Flights at the moment are about $140 each way - but you might pick up a special cheaper than that if you keep your eyes on Virgin Blue, Jetstar or Qantas.

Ideally fly into Brisbane airport, but if you flew into Gold Coast it wouldn't be the end of the world (Jetstar flies Tullamarine-Gold Coast or Avalon-Brisbane).

For accommodation check with RACV for their interstate guide, and look in suburbs Springwood, Logan, Loganholme Daisy Hill, Slacks Creek, Underwood. Having said that, anywhere on the southside - places like Mt Gravatt, Sunnybank, Rochedale and even inner city like Kangaroo Point, South Brisbane etc are within 20 minutes of the track. Brisbane isn't that big so as long as you're on the south side you would be ok.

Here's a couple of options (but I know nothing about them):

Logan City Motor Inn - Slacks Creek 4127

Best Western Sunnybank Star - 8 mile plains - www.sunnybankstarmotel.com.au

Springwood Motor Inn/Conference Centre - www.springwoodmotorinn.com.au 07 3299 5999

Gateway Village - Rochedale - www.gatewayvillage.com.au 1800 442 444

Better yet the northern end of the Gold Coast (Main Beach, Southport, Surfer's Paradise, Broadbeach) are only about 30-40 minutes drive time from the track at Logan.

I'd encourage you to come and race with us. The event will be competitive, but also a lot of fun. Both Andrew Abbott and Andy Cooke have been up to race in previous years so you could chat with them.

Hope to see you in September.

Cheers

Scott
Old 06-28-2005, 03:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bender
Peter,

Has there been any sort of actual testing of the Spectrum units to ensure they don't cause interference to other types of radios?

I only ask because I never get interference and last weekend I got a couple of glitches racing with the guys I always race with, with the exception of one driver who was using a spectrum unit.
Co-incidently, my car glitched when it was directly opposite his position on the stand.

Might just be a one-off but after reading what happened at the worlds I'm a tad suspicious.

Afterall, it's a pretty good marketing strategy - "buy one or you'll get interference"
Just as all the current normal frequencies operate at different levels (27megaHertz vs 29 megaHertz vs 40 megaHertz) the spectrum operates in a much higher frequency range of 2.4 gigaHertz. Several racers around brisbane have been using the Spektrum systems for about a month now and I believe that no-one except yourself have noticed any issues.

I too had read about the past glitching issues on the Web and this was a reservation of mine as well.

Perhaps you can ask this other driver using the Spektrum system to do some tests together so know for sure.

I am personally holding off changing over to the system until I know there won't be any issues.

Dave Warner
ex-Secretary
ORRCA Qld
Old 06-28-2005, 03:56 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 2-Bad
It's a Club decission whether to run this or not. ORRCA Qld do not support it but are not going to stop it from being offered at our event. It will however be the first class to be cut if time is running short on the day for all the preimer classses to be completed.

Cost of classes have not yet been finialised.

Regards,
Peter
Thanks Peter.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:38 PM
Tech Adept

Default Logan Surface Upgrade

I had heard on the grapevine that Logan was planning to upgrade the surface of the meakin park track before the Qld titles. All I can say is that if this is true then it would be worth the clubs while contacting Mark Puckeridge @ www.imcc.org.au about the boral surface coat they have used to layout the track surface at their Gesust park track.

Although the Winternats was a wash out, the couple of practice runs that we had was enough for the surface to really impress a lot of drivers. It provides a consistency on rubber tyres that I have not come accross at many other tracks and for a track to still offer reasonable grip for nitro cars to run on during wet conditions then the surface is pretty damn good in my book!!
Old 07-07-2005, 04:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default 27T legalities

g'day,
was wondering if anyone would know what 27T motors are legal and what's not? Do we go by the ROAR rules and their approved motor list or do we have our own rules in QLD? I was wondering because i would like to try some 'other' motors out there that are not the usual monsters/core/etc and want to know what actually makes them legal? Is it true that as long as it meets the criteria in ORRCA, then it's legal? Cheers.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:52 PM
Tech Master

Check out www.orrcaqld.org.au for the ORRCA Queensland rules that will apply to this event. The stock motor rules are included there.

The relevant rule is:
2.36.2 Re-Buildable Stock: Rebuildable 27 Turn Stock Motors with bearings or bushings fitted are allowed. No advanced brushes or end bell modifications allowed. Rebuildable stock motors must use the can and armature by the same manufacturer. (No hybrids). Brush springs are open.

Cheers

Scott
Old 07-08-2005, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by scott_g
Check out www.orrcaqld.org.au for the ORRCA Queensland rules that will apply to this event. The stock motor rules are included there.

The relevant rule is:
2.36.2 Re-Buildable Stock: Rebuildable 27 Turn Stock Motors with bearings or bushings fitted are allowed. No advanced brushes or end bell modifications allowed. Rebuildable stock motors must use the can and armature by the same manufacturer. (No hybrids). Brush springs are open.

Cheers

Scott
Doesn't really say what motors are or aren't legal... Also, what about endbells, should they also be of the same manufacturer as the can and armature?
Old 07-09-2005, 12:00 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by scott_g

The relevant rule is:

Cheers

Scott
Thanks Scott. So i take it that as long as my motor meets this criterea, it's legal and there isn't an approved motor list for ORRCAQLD right?
cheers.
Karl.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Thankyou

Hey,

Thanks Scott ill be having a chat 2 Abbot and Andy for more details

Cheers Dav3
Old 08-04-2005, 03:27 PM
Tech Addict

Is it confirmed that all classes to run on Sorex 36R?
cheers.
Karl.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:34 PM
Tech Master

Yes. 36r tyres, 3 sets maximum. Driver to supply own tyres. Inserts and rims free choice. I imagine you will check in your three sets and they'll be marked and released back to you 1 set at a time. That's the way in which quantity will be managed. I'm sure there will be more detail closer to the time.

Entry form is nearly done I believe so should be out in the next week or so.

In the meantime - is it time for a little tipping? Who will win? Who will be the top 3? Who will wire up the motor the wrong way and go backwards?
Old 08-04-2005, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Mod: Anthony Atack, Keith Mackrill, Adam Snook

Stock: Tom Leahy, Clinton Livingstone, Damian Barnier.

Are there any interstate drivers coming up?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.