Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Good Luck - Team Austalia @ 1/10EP off road world titles. >

Good Luck - Team Austalia @ 1/10EP off road world titles.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Good Luck - Team Austalia @ 1/10EP off road world titles.

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SH
Whats wrong with indoor offroad tracks exactly?
Other than requiring a very generous person to start one up, there arent many downsides IMO!!

The 2015 worlds have just been announced at Yatabe Arena in Japan - RC mecca for many of us. I now have to start a major sucking up process at home LOL.
http://www.neobuggy.net/2013/09/30/y...-ifmar-worlds/

Daniel, I dont disagree with your comments, however I think youve taken me the wrong way. I dont mention 'super high grip' as part of indoor - I mention a consistent low wear surface that encourages week in week out competition. I am heavily sponsored and struggle to keep up with the tyre bill to do regular club racing.
Im about to race in the WA titles and its costing me more for the tyres than airfares and accommodation.

I DISLIKE sugared, high traction tracks with a passion.

BTW, if there was carpet 1/12 racing in Melbourne I would be there!!

Anyway, I dont want to take the attention away from the Aussies at the worlds. Personally Id just love to see a deeper 1/10 scene in Australia!

Ray
Old 09-30-2013, 05:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I thought this was were we congratulated the aussie,,not talk about tracks,,
Start a thread boys,,
Old 09-30-2013, 05:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by doorz
I thought this was were we congratulated the aussie,,not talk about tracks,,
Start a thread boys,,
The discussion started because we want to build on our success and take our drivers to the next level. I take your point though.

I watched a big chunk of the meeting on RC Live, and was proud of the efforts of our guys. I was happy to cheer them on every time they were up.

It's worth mentioning too that Andrew Gillott was one of only 8 TLR guys handed a drive of the new 22-4. Lots of team drivers didn't get one. I think that shows the regard Australian racing is now being held in in the US. And that's because of the work of our drivers and the efforts they put in at these events.

Props too to Painy, for the interviews he gives to the Live RC crew. Really helps our visibility with his personality and obvious enjoyment of what he's doing.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ash Peeler and Ben Panic also were on the Kyosho team and got the proto ZX-6s. Although not the most successful debut, it was pretty exciting to see.

Yep Painy representing Yokomo was pretty cool to see!

Originally Posted by Radio Active
The discussion started because we want to build on our success and take our drivers to the next level. I take your point though.

I watched a big chunk of the meeting on RC Live, and was proud of the efforts of our guys. I was happy to cheer them on every time they were up.

It's worth mentioning too that Andrew Gillott was one of only 8 TLR guys handed a drive of the new 22-4. Lots of team drivers didn't get one. I think that shows the regard Australian racing is now being held in in the US. And that's because of the work of our drivers and the efforts they put in at these events.

Props too to Painy, for the interviews he gives to the Live RC crew. Really helps our visibility with his personality and obvious enjoyment of what he's doing.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:15 PM
SH
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I agree with you Ray.

Indoor offroad is the fruit for the Americans, the Aussie clan got in a lot of practice prior because of them.