Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Port Lincoln Radio Control Sporting Car Club(PLRCSCC) >

Port Lincoln Radio Control Sporting Car Club(PLRCSCC)

Port Lincoln Radio Control Sporting Car Club(PLRCSCC)

Old 09-09-2013, 02:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

my car is still in bits so i wasn't racing.
we did have our own forum going for a while but it seemed to make more sense to move over here and join you guys so we could get more exposure.
we do have a couple of 1/10 drivers, not enough for a class yet but there is talk of another couple getting 1/10 buggys, so we will see what happens.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Angry WTF

What is with this weather man.... Everytime it looks like we are on the up the rain is back.

Glad I went to whyalla to get a run otherwise I would starting to shake by now.

Need to organise a poker night I think.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I agree. I went to the track yesterday to see what work could be done to the track on the weekend. It was very dry, but in need of a tidy up. After all of this rain we are set back for a while again.

Do you have that magnet, I might grab it off of you, as the pile of nails is still there from the bonfire. If The rain subsides over the weekend I will get down there for a bit of maintenance.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:29 PM
Tech Adept

Yes I do. I was going to do it the other day but I did not have my keys. I will sort it out over the next week.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:37 PM
Tech Adept

Went there last night again, and the track had more sitting water than I have seen yet.

Damn weather has got it in for us. We will catch a break soon though, it can't last much longer.

I feel a drift session at the shed coming on to get the rc jitters out.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

time to put an add in the paper i think
WANTED AS MUCH FILL AS WE CAN GET
time to raise the track this is a joke.
Old 09-13-2013, 04:37 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by truckiejas
time to put an add in the paper i think
WANTED AS MUCH FILL AS WE CAN GET
time to raise the track this is a joke.
I was wondering that myself. How much higher do we need to go?

We do need to come up with a way of draining water from the track. we almost need to just raise it about 300 and it would drain away,and drainage pipe to help.

The main problem we have had is the berm and the jumps, having water run off into the centre. the berm must go and angle it away maybe. does anyone even use it?
Old 09-13-2013, 05:10 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Flip77
I was wondering that myself. How much higher do we need to go?

We do need to come up with a way of draining water from the track. we almost need to just raise it about 300 and it would drain away,and drainage pipe to help.

The main problem we have had is the berm and the jumps, having water run off into the centre. the berm must go and angle it away maybe. does anyone even use it?

when you design the track you need to consider drainage a lot of people don't really take that in to account when designing a layout, Just thought i'd throw my two bobs worth in if it's any help, keen for another trip to lincoln that's for sure.
Old 09-13-2013, 04:53 PM
Tech Adept

It was taken into account, but the fact that we are in a swamp does not help that too much. The ground water level is very high so there is very little soak into the ground. Funds didn't allow for drainage to be installed

Most of the water that has collected is in an accelration rut between a berm and a jump. As cars come around the corner they accelerate and dig it out, then when it rains it runs off the berm and jump into this lower area and sits.

With the amount of rain we have had it is actually surprising that we are not under even more water, when the truck yard next to us has been a lake all winter.

What sort of drainage would you suggest Pagie?
Old 09-13-2013, 05:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Smile

Yeah it has gone way beyond a joke this year with the track being wet. I was thinking the same thing with building the track up. We need to raise it as high as we can and find a way of putting in the drainage. There has to be some way we can keep the track a bit dryer. At this rate the next neo will come along and we would have raced on the track only a handful of times including the neo. One positive thing out of it though is that while I have had no real income I haven't had to spend much money on the hobby. Hopefully my job situation and the weather will change very shortly. Just hope with new job I get time to spend on the track.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

just going to have to make do with the pile of crap dirt we have in the corner and fill the bad spots and cap with the clay as best we can.
most of the track is ok its just the high wear areas down the back and the lead up to the jumps that collect the water.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:57 PM
Tech Adept

If we added some loam to the good clay and give it a good mix it would assist a little with drainage but still hold together fairly well. If that mixture was placed in the area's affected most and left the remainder clay then there would not be much more maint than we had been doing. May be able to organise some if you like.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Is there still an Rc shop in Lincoln ? I remember one being on tennant st?bought my first Kyosho optima there .
But that was back in the 80s lol
Old 09-16-2013, 03:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by aussies1129
Is there still an Rc shop in Lincoln ? I remember one being on tennant st?bought my first Kyosho optima there .
But that was back in the 80s lol
Mate you are going back into the archives there. No dedicated hobby shops in Lincoln anymore. There is a mobile hobby shop by a good bloke who flys RC and Toyworld dable in it but that is about it.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Racing this weekend

So what do you reckon guys. I hope I'm not jinxing us but the weather may be ok for the weekend. Who is keen for a race this Sunday. I know I am. My starter box is rewirred and ready to go so bring it on.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.