Hiring Setup Stations

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 06:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Hiring Setup Stations

Hi Guys,

Just an idea I'm bouncing around.

How many of you guys would be interested in hiring a setup station for 1 week for $50?

I'm looking at buying a few premium setup stations to do my cars but find it hard to justify $800 for two setup stations to use for 1 hour each and then throw in the cupboard.

So the deal would be $50 for 1 week with a $300 bond that is refunded in full once setup kit has been returned.

What do you guys think?
Old 08-12-2013, 06:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Buy a flat board and a 3Racing setup station @ $80.........
Old 08-12-2013, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

2 problems - you need to use one more than once, some people use them every time they take a hard hit. 2 uses, and theres the cost of a cheap set up station of your own.

2nd issue, is most people are pretty friendly in this hobby. I'm sure most clubs would have plenty of people willing to lend (for free) their set up station for a quick check on race day.
Old 08-12-2013, 03:51 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

So the deal would be $50 for 1 week with a $300 bond that is refunded in full once setup kit has been returned.
I think if you changed the pricing policy, it could work, especially in regards to bond. Could you imagine, when you go to rent a house, someone asking for a bond of $300,000, 3/4 of the value of the item?

Rather than set the bond so high as to price just about everyone out of the market, you would need to secure commercial insurance for theft and have a bond that would cover damage only, so a bond of about $50.

This would also mean, you would need to drop your pricing down to a level that represented value for money, something like $5 a day to make it affordable and attractive when compared to buying one.

This is something more in the realms of a service a club could provide rather than a money spinning business as the number of potential customers is so small as to make it almost pointless.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Why not just get 3 or 4 guys to put in $100 each and share one, use it pretty much any time someone else is not using it! Easy.. If you by the cheap one even less.