Community
Wiki Posts
Search

B.R.C.C.C (Tingalpa)

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2002, 12:08 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Leave me alone TJ I am no where near old enough to retire from anything - even if I was why should the kids have all the fun?

My year has been a bit crazy so far and I have missed all the away trips - I am determined to get one in before the end of the year though. Looks like it will be Tamworth or Canberra - not sure yet. I guess the TCS is a remote possibility- have to see how things pan out.
Old 08-21-2002, 02:11 AM
TJ
Tech Champion

I was hope to catch up with you when I came up for Autosalon but I'm not going now so I will have to see you when you come down here. Good to hear from you.

Trevor Johnstone.
Old 08-21-2002, 04:42 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Actually Autosalon is a bit of a mystery - we've heard nothing and it's only a couple of weeks away so not sure if it's even happening.
Old 08-21-2002, 04:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Still nothing on the Autosalon I was looking forward to racing there.......
Old 08-22-2002, 02:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Alein Sighting @ Wynnum!

Originally posted by xray vision

Mmmm low flying????
I think NOT. Three car changes and still no Mark Pearce trophy?
GAv's the man. At least he gets out there and doesn't bag the club.Goat track indeed! You want to try some real competition,then come try electric. Making the A takes real skill!!

Hmmmm......

I only know two people who can afford to have an Xray so that narrows it down alot? I didn't create this forum to end up like other well known forums in Qld that like to pay out on people, it was created to get some feedback on the progress of the club and the track....

As for you comments reagrding me saying Wynnum was a goat track, i was simply passing on what outsiders feel about the track. I think this statement is correct, we have long out grown the track to the stage where it is impossible to pass cleanly and this is destroying the quality of racing because a move by someone can destroy someone elses race.

Thanks for your imput Terry!

Last edited by hooked_on; 08-22-2002 at 02:17 AM.
Old 08-22-2002, 02:51 AM
Tech Addict

Talking

Terry,

No worries......

I think we might be staying indoors on Sunday if the weather doesn't clear up shortly. Might be still worth diggin up the wets though.
Old 08-22-2002, 04:27 AM
Tech Addict

Yes please!

I have been dying to try out the new Novarossi 2.25hp .21 out in the buggy... I might just have to pull the servo out of the NTC3 so i can go have some fun.
Old 08-27-2002, 02:12 AM
Tech Addict

I was a bit disappointed to see the lack of electric boys racing on Sunday after the amount of you that turned up?

Just a reminder that this next fortnight will see the start of our spring sprints (trophy meet to be run over 2 meets).

This event is being sponsered by Multi Choice Homeloans so i would like to extend the invite out to show our support to the sponser so they can continue to support the club.
Old 09-04-2002, 10:02 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Thumbs up

Looks like another giant weekend coming up.

For friday night I'll be racing the Hyper10 - but for Sunday

I'll be on a MISSION
Old 09-07-2002, 12:03 AM
Tech Addict

Default New Track!

News From Wednesday's Committee Meeting.........

People,

News just come to hand regarding the new track is that the council has finally agreed for us to got to the BMX track in principal. We will be getting the area between the tree and the light steamers (were the old track was) 800m x 600m.........

The commitee is in the process of getting a letter from the BMX club to agree to our move and it will be then submitted to the council for a sub lease agreement to be written up. I will let you know more in the newsletter when i get it out hopfully next week.

Andrew
Old 09-07-2002, 02:49 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: New Track!

Originally posted by hooked_on
News From Wednesday's Committee Meeting.........

People,

News just come to hand regarding the new track is that the council has finally agreed for us to got to the BMX track in principal. We will be getting the area between the tree and the light steamers (were the old track was) 800m x 600m.........

The commitee is in the process of getting a letter from the BMX club to agree to our move and it will be then submitted to the council for a sub lease agreement to be written up. I will let you know more in the newsletter when i get it out hopfully next week.

Andrew
Lets have everything crossed.............
Old 09-07-2002, 10:30 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

The NTC3 did handle all the knocks i gave it today.... And thanks to some assistance from a "Serpent Driver" it was on the same pace as the old V1R........

At the start off the day, Gavin and I both finished on 21 laps in 5 minutes both having taken one each. Then as the day war on the tires i had decided they didn't like the heat making it very hard to drive. I am still very pleased with the results and hopfully this may put a stop to the smart remarks i have been receiving about the car.

On a side note:

A few people were talking about what we should use to mark out the new track if we lay a flat pad of bitchuman (eg. Meakin).... Some people suggested boards, other were leaning towards concrete. I am apposed to the idea of having either boards or concrete right up against the edge of the track leaving no room for error considering we are going to be traveling faster and having more cars on the track. What is everyone elses feelings?
Old 09-09-2002, 01:33 AM
Tech Addict

Also,

Just to follow on from our trophy meet from yesterday, i just want to bring it to the members attention on our sponsership deal with Muliti Choice Homeloans. Not only are they sponsering the trophy meet, but also we have an arrangment with them that for every referral of business they recieve from leads from our members the club receives a kick back from them to go towards the future development off the club. So if you have any friends, family or work mates that are in the process of getting finance for a new home, send them to Multi Choice Homeloans @ Capalaba and get some money raised for our club...............

Old 09-09-2002, 02:24 AM
Tech Adept

Cool

In my opinion you should definatly use bitumen and use the same lay out just larger to cater for more racers.
As for this associated stuff maybe you should have bought a serpent then maybe you could be faster than a stock electric!!!!!
Old 09-09-2002, 02:29 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Tiny
In my opinion you should definatly use bitumen and use the same lay out just larger to cater for more racers.
As for this associated stuff maybe you should have bought a serpent then maybe you could be faster than a stock electric!!!!!

How do i respond to that one.........

it would be the setup only allowing me to keep up at electric pace?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.