Search

Transponder upgrade question.

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 06:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Transponder upgrade question.

Hi folks,
I just have a question in relation to the new Mylaps rc4 timing system as I have to buy/upgrade my MRT's and really don't want to pay the excessive trade in price of the hybrid over a pure if I won't need it down the track, our club has upgraded so I only need the pure to run there but was thinking of running state titles later in the year.
I am wondering if clubs will have to upgrade to the latest greatest system from Mylaps if they are to run Title/sanctioned events to accomodate the pure transponders or will they be required to provide clubbies for use by entrants that don't have hybrids.
Could someone in the know please clear this up for me.
Cheers
Woz
Old 03-14-2013, 12:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wozthefitter
Hi folks,
I just have a question in relation to the new Mylaps rc4 timing system as I have to buy/upgrade my MRT's and really don't want to pay the excessive trade in price of the hybrid over a pure if I won't need it down the track, our club has upgraded so I only need the pure to run there but was thinking of running state titles later in the year.
I am wondering if clubs will have to upgrade to the latest greatest system from Mylaps if they are to run Title/sanctioned events to accomodate the pure transponders or will they be required to provide clubbies for use by entrants that don't have hybrids.
Could someone in the know please clear this up for me.
Cheers
Woz
Go to AARCMCC's website; click on "Downloads"and look under "General news" http://www.aarcmcc.org/downloads.htmlto find requirements. There are no rules to specify which version AMB lap counting system a club must have to run a championships event with AARCMCC. And I don't believe that AARCMCC are interrested in anything but to make sure that timing equipment is up to standard. Individual state government bodies are the same as far as this goes.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:37 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

It is up to the clubs to decide if they upgrade or now. For now, i would check with the clubs you drive at or intend to drive at to see what their plans are. RC Chargers in Brisbane i know have gone to V4 others i think have not.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Thanks for the feedback gents, I run at Chargers so I will stick with the pures. I'm sure i'll be able to get hold of a loner if needed from somewhere.
Cheers