Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Indoor onroad track in Wynnum QLD

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 04:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Indoor onroad track in Wynnum QLD

I have been hearing rumours about an indoor electric track opening near Wynnum QLD ?

Has anyone got any news or updates on this ?
Old 02-11-2013, 05:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up AWESOME !!

Originally Posted by MilleniumFalcon
I have been hearing rumours about an indoor electric track opening near Wynnum QLD ?

Has anyone got any news or updates on this ?
A mate of mine has told me that they are busy building at the moment and that the track is already being painted up.

Apparently its an indoor Asphalt track (super grippy).
It sounds like a fair bit of money is going into the facility !
Old 02-11-2013, 09:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I got a call from Qld a few months back asking about AARCMCC track standards and dimensions for indoor tracks. That's all I know.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I think there has been talk of an indoor onroad track for some time, or at least people have been wanting or liking the idea of having one for some time, more so when we get long wet periods and many meets canceled.

The most interesting will likely be, what effect it has on other tracks, and if people will be prepared to pay more to race at one, two factors that have perhaps kept the building of one stagnant for some time.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard one that used to be around many years ago, died because people felt it was too expensive to race at.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The only two commercial indoor 1/10th onroad tracks I recall in SEQ were Hobbystation at Acacia Ridge and one down at Beaudesert of all places.
Hobbystation ran for a few years from about 2004 onwards, was a small track (mod tc laps were less than 10 seconds from memory) with a hobbyshop, indoor pits and for some of its life also had an outdoor 10th offroad track.
The one at Beaudesert (Hobbytime I think it was called) only ran for about a year around 2005. About twice the size with mod tc's going around in just under 20 seconds a lap, punishing the wayward but was an enjoyable challenge, with hobby shop and indoor pits. Pretty cool, pity it didnt last and was so far away from the general Brisbane racing population.
I don't remember either track being expensive to race or practice at, maybe only about $10-$15 a day (pretty reasonable).

Something like either of those two tracks in Brisbane again sounds pretty appealing if it did get going and had staying power.
I hope this thread is genuine, and not some exercise in stirring the pot, given the recent drama surrounding the Bayside club.

Keith M.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Indoor track , the truth.

Hey Yokomosho

That's some awesome info thanks for that.
No it's no joke , they are busy building a track in Wynnum at the moment.
I was there last night as they are working hard to get it all up and running.

It's called " Millenium Raceway"

The owners name is Brian , he is a legend.
He is building an awesome track and top class facilities.
I recon the lap times would be around a 12-15 seconds a lap maybe.
The track is absolutely flat and the grip will be high.
Brian has put a lot of thought into the design of the track.

When it comes to the pricing , the owner is no fool so he won't be ripping people to race there.

I have a few pictures but ill wait until they have completed the painting before I post them up.

Regards
Dale Burrows
Old 02-12-2013, 05:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Very interesting
Old 02-12-2013, 07:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default New Track

Being able to race without being rained on - i vote yes to that.

Will be interesting to have a look - we use to have one at Acacia Ridge called "The Hobby Station" but sadly wasn't successful.

I think the bigeest problem at the time for hobby station was they kept running their nights on the same nights as the clubs, unfortunately for them the clubs had history and the members felt like they had more of a say at their local clubs.

I wish them all the best, as i said indoor out of the rain is a big plus for Brisbane.

Build it they will come- i think thats what they say !!!!!
Old 02-17-2013, 12:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

I had my mini on the track today, so much traction TC's had some great battles and Pan car looked awesome. Stay tuned peoples
Old 02-17-2013, 04:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

its funny that the thread starter is called millennium something or other and now its stated th tracks called millennium raceway . just saying
Old 02-17-2013, 05:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gogi108
its funny that the thread starter is called millennium something or other and now its stated th tracks called millennium raceway . just saying
Oh it was an entirely self serving promotion, likely done as such because whoever posted it, either did not want to reveal their identity, or rather, not be seen as reappearing here on RCTech.

Which when you think about it is not the best start in terms of promoting something, hiding behind something else, for whatever the reason.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Bishop
Oh it was an entirely self serving promotion, likely done as such because whoever posted it, either did not want to reveal their identity, or rather, not be seen as reappearing here on RCTech.

Which when you think about it is not the best start in terms of promoting something, hiding behind something else, for whatever the reason.
Blah blah blah, get over it people. Do you think your helping promote the organisation where your secretary which is meant to be promoting the hobby in Qld. Just saying as its on the bottom of your posts.

Sydney
Old 02-17-2013, 03:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Thumbs up Awesome track!

Originally Posted by Bigleftie
Blah blah blah, get over it people. Do you think your helping promote the organisation where your secretary which is meant to be promoting the hobby in Qld. Just saying as its on the bottom of your posts.

Sydney
Totally Agree +1

Who cares about who started the thread ,the point is that there is now an indoor track in Wynnum Qld. Go stir somewhere else as people dont want to hear it.

Dale Burrows
Old 02-17-2013, 03:59 PM
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=postbox;11826939]Totally Agree +1

Who cares about who started the thread ,the point is that there is now an indoor track in Wynnum Qld. Go stir somewhere else as people dont want to hear it.

I’m with you dale, i have no idea who Millennium Falcon is and don’t really care as long he is not rude or making personal attacks and I cannot see where he was abusive or rude or suggested anything slanderous or inappropriate.

Instead of supporting someone’s financial gamble (who is not part of the RC community) to give as all an indoor track in Brisbane, people still wish to focus on the politics. I sincerely hope the community of Brisbane get behind this track as it will be our own fault if it fails and we as racers will be the losers.

I can fully understand why RC as a sport struggles to move forward, when it requires strong management and leadership from its Governing bodies. It appears most like to focus on the negatives and petty issues rather than the positives and the improvement of the sport.

An indoor track in Brisbane should be a blessing, in 6 weeks of racing B.R.C.C.C has failed to complete a race meet. I do not wish to get into a slanging match on this thread but ask people if you have not got anything positive or constructive to say, can you just leave it to the people who have.

Darren

Last edited by Rumrunner66; 02-17-2013 at 04:19 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Well said Rumrunner66.

This thread is done.

We will wait till the place opens and the people behind the venture can start an official thread about the venue.