Wiki Posts
Search

Vic Off Road: Control Tire?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 07:18 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Controlled tyre

Originally posted by nhodd
Since everyone is talking about controlled tyres i would like to see controlled tyres introduced at a national level. Again major reason cost factor.I spent $400 at the nats this year and i know some guys spent a lot more than that.How do i go about this? Does anyone know who is the best person to speak to about this.Do i contact someone at ORRCA or ARCCMAC.Any help and feedback would be welcomed
An AARCMCC affiliated club can put in a proposal for controlled tyres for sanctioned events ie State and National Titles.
Old 04-12-2005, 06:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Chris, what about a proposal allowing the organising club to opt for controlled tyres for a specific race meeting without having to go to a national vote for every event that wants to use control tyres. Perhaps a rule that had two or three options for the implementation of the tyre control rules if the specific event was to be run on controlled tyres :

1. Fully controlled tyre/insert/wheel/quantity. either pre-mounted or mounted and sealed in front of organisers
2. Controlled tyre/quantity but free insert/wheel. Competiters supply own but check them in with organisers at start of racing
3. Controlled tyre but free insert/wheel/quantity. Competitors supply own and are only checked at pre-post race scrutineering.

That gives freedom for clubs/events to implement a measure of control but the flexibility in the level of additional workload imposed on the organising club. Any option is still cheaper than "open" tyres and still enables specific practice etc to occure before the event. ideally nats controlled by option 1 - but state titles might be appopriate by other options.
Old 04-12-2005, 06:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Don’t expect AARCMCC to circulate the proposal to voting clubs in any hurry. I know that a proposal has been sent to AARCMCC for onroad control tyres almost two months ago and AARCMCC is still refusing to distribute this to voting clubs.
Old 04-12-2005, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

Don’t expect AARCMCC to circulate the proposal to voting clubs in any hurry. I know that a proposal has been sent to AARCMCC for onroad control tyres almost two months ago and AARCMCC is still refusing to distribute this to voting clubs.
Tony, would you like to take this public, we can continue on the AARCMCC thread if you like and pick each other to pieces.
I know that when you only have one choice, it seems simple.
But when you are on the out side looking in, thing aren't the same.
Old 04-12-2005, 07:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Sorry Glenn,
I put the point across wrong, I was going along the lines of as the Vic on road titles, ie pay for tyres as part of the entry.

If I have to buy the correct tyre thats fine, i'm sure the right decision will be made.

I was just trying go get all my cars and finances organised well before the meeting it self, and if i didn't have to worry about ordering tyres that would just be a bonus.

Cheers
Old 04-12-2005, 09:02 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by fastolfart
Tony, would you like to take this public, we can continue on the AARCMCC thread if you like and pick each other to pieces.
I know that when you only have one choice, it seems simple.
But when you are on the out side looking in, thing aren't the same.
Thanks Peter for the constructive input but this is my first and last post in this thread.

Tony
Old 04-12-2005, 10:41 PM
Tech Elite

Sorry Tony, mixed you up with Andrew.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

All the mexiguns are sooo fast its easy to mix them up
Old 04-13-2005, 02:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by scott_g
Chris, what about a proposal allowing the organising club to opt for controlled tyres for a specific race meeting without having to go to a national vote for every event that wants to use control tyres. Perhaps a rule that had two or three options for the implementation of the tyre control rules if the specific event was to be run on controlled tyres :

1. Fully controlled tyre/insert/wheel/quantity. either pre-mounted or mounted and sealed in front of organisers
2. Controlled tyre/quantity but free insert/wheel. Competiters supply own but check them in with organisers at start of racing
3. Controlled tyre but free insert/wheel/quantity. Competitors supply own and are only checked at pre-post race scrutineering.

That gives freedom for clubs/events to implement a measure of control but the flexibility in the level of additional workload imposed on the organising club. Any option is still cheaper than "open" tyres and still enables specific practice etc to occure before the event. ideally nats controlled by option 1 - but state titles might be appopriate by other options.
Scott,

One, some or all of the options you provide would probably work. You still need to put rules around them so everybody knows where they stand. In any case the submission would have to be sent out to the clubs to be voted on.
Old 04-13-2005, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

On the issue of supply, I was speaking to my L.H.S and they said H.E.I (Hobby Express Importers) were no longer bringing in M3 compound Prolines...........

edited (Does the Fuhrer always get his acronyms mixed up...)

Last edited by black-knight; 04-13-2005 at 10:51 PM.
Old 04-13-2005, 08:23 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally posted by The Fuhrer
On the issue of supply, I was speaking to my L.H.S and they said H.E.I (High Expense Importers) were no longer bringing in M3 compound Prolines...........
To clear up the above quote, HEI is still bringing in M3 compound tyres, HEI has stocks of M3 compound tyres (may be a little low due to the Nat's that just passed) and can tell you that there is no chance HEI would stop bringing them in as they are the best selling compound.

PS: Thanks for the kind words

Ari
Old 04-16-2005, 05:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Heads up the Wodonga track lay out has been changed, I think for the better.

Heaps more flowing, not as many stop starts.

Will improve on passing as well.

Some pics I took with my phone.
Attached Thumbnails Vic Off Road: Control Tire?-coming-off-straight..jpg  
Old 04-16-2005, 05:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

more
Attached Thumbnails Vic Off Road: Control Tire?-front-drivers-stand.jpg  
Old 04-16-2005, 05:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

last one
Attached Thumbnails Vic Off Road: Control Tire?-before-triples.jpg  
Old 04-17-2005, 02:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Nice one Old Skool!!!
Track looks good guys.
Seems neither M3 or R3 will be used, Contol tire is LOSI X2000.
Price is cheaper than Holine, sorry Proline.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.