3Racing F113

Old 12-17-2012, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default 3Racing F113

I am starting this thread for discussion on the new 3Racing F113 due to be released in January 2013.
Info on this new F1 can be found here http://os.3racing.hk/carkits_web.php?carkits_web_key=22
Old 12-17-2012, 04:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Do we know price yet?
Old 12-17-2012, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

Not exactly in Australia Steve but the advertised price from 3Racing is
$259 for the kit full carbon and alloy or
$350 for the SP kit wwhich includes a Speedpassion Revention s ESC and Speed Passion v3 17.5 motor.
They are a bit more than the previous 3Racing F1 offerings but they are saying the F113 is the first in a series of 'Factory Race Cars'. Which I assume is because they are already optioned up with CF and alloy.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

As long as the F1 "purists" don't get their panties in a knot about the front end..

I've been looking forward to this one for a while... the through shaft shocks on the front and roll shock are going to be an interesting touch... not sure if its the first production car to use them?
Old 12-17-2012, 07:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It looks like a really sophisticated front end on the car. Very interesting given that it is also running a pan rear end. I've seen comments from various pan car designers that a full independent front end, especially with full size shocks, is not worth the weight in a pan car. However, the FGX seems to handle well and is quite popular, and is clearly much heavier. So, this is an interesting development.

The only unfortunate thing for 3 is that in choosing to label the top spec cars 'Factory Racing Products' they have ended up with the same acronym as Tamiya use for 'Fibre Reinforced Plastic' which of course is what they use in sport cars instead of graphite. Doh!
Old 12-17-2012, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ShadowAu
As long as the F1 "purists" don't get their panties in a knot about the front end..

I've been looking forward to this one for a while... the through shaft shocks on the front and roll shock are going to be an interesting touch... not sure if its the first production car to use them?
Hey Shadow
There was a bit of noise when the FGX came out with independant rear and gear diff but it is heavier so give and take. The F1 racing at SMA is really close between FGX and Tammy based cars now at or F1 challenge there was 4 sec difference after 20min between the winner F103(transformula) and a very very nicely setup FGX 2nd.

Originally Posted by Radio Active
It looks like a really sophisticated front end on the car. Very interesting given that it is also running a pan rear end. I've seen comments from various pan car designers that a full independent front end, especially with full size shocks, is not worth the weight in a pan car. However, the FGX seems to handle well and is quite popular, and is clearly much heavier. So, this is an interesting development.

The only unfortunate thing for 3 is that in choosing to label the top spec cars 'Factory Racing Products' they have ended up with the same acronym as Tamiya use for 'Fibre Reinforced Plastic' which of course is what they use in sport cars instead of graphite. Doh!
And you.......LOL
I will see you on Saturday
Old 12-17-2012, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I'm out - sticking with the EFX for now

Last edited by fleetmaster; 12-26-2012 at 02:24 AM.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:32 PM
Tech Adept

[QUOTE= but they are saying the F113 is the first in a series of 'Factory Race Cars'. Which I assume is because they are already optioned up with CF and alloy.[/QUOTE]

so thionk we will see a new FGX? I just want to watch this thread. I wish we had more F1 and on road racing in San Diego- hopefully next year. No rules down here so I guess widers is better. I saw Exo Mike with an Ultra 103 / 21.5 doing lap times like a TC w 17.5

Thread subscribed to
Old 12-22-2012, 02:26 AM
Tech Addict

F113 looks nice but I will not be the first to place an order with a pre-order price of $350 on RcMart. Does come packaged with foam tyres (not much use in Sydney) and a 17.5 motor/speedie.

RcMart have released a video of the prototype.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=cRUjRG-4A-k
Old 12-22-2012, 04:10 AM
Tech Addict

Something I don't quite get with this car... With most of the DD cars, they seem to fight rear grip, and so have to much steering. The FGX is the opposite, it has to much rear grip to let the car rotate, so it pushes. IFS does help a bit, by keeping the front down through corners adding front grip. So it would seem that adding independent dampers on the front of the f113 would add front grip, with no more rear grip then a normal DD car?

Or am I missing something?
Old 12-22-2012, 04:14 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by oldnwise
F113 looks nice but I will not be the first to place an order with a pre-order price of $350 on RcMart. Does come packaged with foam tyres (not much use in Sydney) and a 17.5 motor/speedie.
Its not really that bad a price when you consider that the ESC and motor are worth about $120-$130 on their own... and compared to something like the Tamiya F104 Vr2 Pro which can be up over $400 in some places for the kit on its own.

I've read on other threads that the basic car with no electrics is expected to be under $250 but only time will tell
Old 12-22-2012, 04:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wollow86
Something I don't quite get with this car... With most of the DD cars, they seem to fight rear grip, and so have to much steering. The FGX is the opposite, it has to much rear grip to let the car rotate, so it pushes. IFS does help a bit, by keeping the front down through corners adding front grip. So it would seem that adding independent dampers on the front of the f113 would add front grip, with no more rear grip then a normal DD car?

Or am I missing something?
Personally a DD car that lacks rear grip has the wrong tyres on it... there is no reason why a DD car can't have more than adequate rear grip.

As long as 3Racing has made sure that the weight balance of the car is correct there shouldn't be any reason for the front end design to dictate any particular handling characteristic. I think this is the case as one of the events the prototype was tested at required the used of a standard Tamiya front end. The fact the car is designed to allow this indicates to me a chassis design with fairly predictable handling characteristics regardless of the front suspension.

In the case of the FGX what makes the difference? The suspension layout or the change in weight?
Old 12-22-2012, 10:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

car looks good im certain one will be on my list for sure. havent had a 3 racing befor
cant be a bad thing to have these adjustment, im just wondering what rubbers will fit and size
Old 12-23-2012, 03:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mattwoodcraft
car looks good im certain one will be on my list for sure. havent had a 3 racing befor
cant be a bad thing to have these adjustment, im just wondering what rubbers will fit and size
Out of the box it looks like its designed to use F103 size wheels and tyres... so Shimizu, Rides, TRG etc
Old 12-25-2012, 04:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

thats what i was thinking aswell by lookin at them

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.