can of worms

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 06:41 PM
Tech Adept

Default can of worms

well it seems that a can of worms has been let open
with the introduction of 3600/3700/3800
and maybe by the time i finish this post 3900 batteries
it has been well and trully noted that why are these batteries legal to race at some places and not legal to race at others

but what this has done for me is opened up another issue of why do we have a national body AARCMCC making rules
when it seems that state bodies make there own rules and
clubs make theres
and then when there is a bigger meeting on you have to ask 1000 questions to find out what rules they are going to follow
are the newer batteries allowed
is brushless allowed
we cant even agree on the classes
what one club calls pullstart isnt at another
some states run 540 others dont
what i would like to know and i know others do to is
when if ever will we have national rules and regulations
that can be followed from state to state club meet to aussie titles
looking forward to other ppls views
cheers
RICHARD
Old 04-05-2005, 07:24 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: can of worms

Originally posted by djrfan
well it seems that a can of worms has been let open
with the introduction of 3600/3700/3800
and maybe by the time i finish this post 3900 batteries
it has been well and trully noted that why are these batteries legal to race at some places and not legal to race at others

but what this has done for me is opened up another issue of why do we have a national body AARCMCC making rules
when it seems that state bodies make there own rules and
clubs make theres
and then when there is a bigger meeting on you have to ask 1000 questions to find out what rules they are going to follow
are the newer batteries allowed
is brushless allowed
we cant even agree on the classes
what one club calls pullstart isnt at another
some states run 540 others dont
what i would like to know and i know others do to is
when if ever will we have national rules and regulations
that can be followed from state to state club meet to aussie titles
looking forward to other ppls views
cheers
RICHARD
We do have national rules and orgainisations like VORTEC are the odd ones out running to their own different rules at a club level week in week out.

VORTEC is great but different to the National rules. Most clubs in NSW run as per the National rules, ARCMCC State tiles and other affilatated events all run to the National rules we all voted on.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

You could and can have hundreds of different rules applying at different clubs just through out N.S.W, EP or GP. It's just a simple matter of each club choosing to run to their own agenda.
This may appear to you to be wrong but what works in Sydney for a perticular class or club just doesn't fit with some in say Broken Hill.

In regard to what rules an event will be run too, it should be simply stated upon the entry form. If it's a santioned event (AARCMCC) then just look at the web page and/or contact the relevent official. Either way the organiser should have available a set of rules if you ask.

If it's an event like say the Mingara International GP and they want to run to a completely different set of rules, then so be it. It's up to them to supply each competitor with enough info to keep them informed.

So in reply to what you want to know (will we have a National set of rules). Yes we do, it's just that as an event organiser you don't have to follow them if you don't wish to have a santioned event.

Craig
Old 04-05-2005, 10:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Heres a can of worms.

Why does AARCMCC rules still run foam tyres when IFMA the world governing body run rubbers???

I personally feel the AARCMCC rules need an update to bring them 100% into line with IFMA.

VORTEC currently run almost 100% to IFMA rules and most of the Vic electric on road clubs are members of VORTEC.
The Gas car clubs also have their own VORTEC rules.

Just my 20cents worth
Old 04-06-2005, 05:52 AM
Tech Master

Why does AARCMCC rules still run foam tyres when IFMA the world governing body run rubbers???
Correction - the AARCMCC rule is open tyres. This is what the clubs voted to maintain when IFMAR went to controlled tyres. There is a club working on an IFMAR derived control rubber tyre submission. We are working closely with them to ensure it is workable and reasonably foolproof.

I personally feel the AARCMCC rules need an update to bring them 100% into line with IFMA.
Tyres is about the only thing different.

General comments:

AARCMCC is the national body affiliated through FEMCA (Far East Model Car Association) to IFMAR the world governing body. Without trying to offend them, the various state bodies (VORTEC, WAORMA, ORRCA) exist for themselves and aren't affiliated to AARCMCC or IFMAR. AARCMCC has provisions to recognise these associations, however only clubs can affiliate with AARCMCC.

To read more about what AARCMCC is about see the website at the bottom of my post. In the rules section, there are general rules which apply to all AARCMCC sections and then rule sets for the various sections (Electric, IC, Large Scale).

With State and National Titles they are AARCMCC sanctioned and the AARCMCC rules apply. Drivers also have the benefit of their results going towards qualifying for FEMCA and IFMAR events if they are interested in going to these events.

Regards
Chris Peet
AARCMCC Electric Section
Old 04-06-2005, 02:53 PM
Tech Initiate

I stand corrected...
Old 11-27-2006, 03:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Angry

Almost 2007 2 years on and this crap still going on. im new to the rc race seen in Aus, other than club level were who cares what the rules are really.... but YES AGREE 100%. ALL THAT NEEDS TO BE DONE TO KEEP EVERYBODY HAPPY IS KEEP USING AARCMCC RULES as A RULE OF THUMB THEN IM ONLY COMPLAINING WHEN RACE EVENT ORGANISERS CANT EVEN PUT OUT A SET OF RULES BEFORE THE EVENT FOR EVERYBODY TO COMPLY WITH. YEAH YOU GOT TO ASK 1000 QUESTIONS ONLINE. THE ORGANISERS ARE THE PROBLEM NOT THE RACERS... BUT HECK I WOULDNT WANT THIER JOB.!IMAGINE PUTTING UP WITH MY QUESTIONS. yeah if they just write a RULES list WELL BEFORE for the upcomming event and im sure there wont be many problems.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ice_spy2
Almost 2007 2 years on and this crap still going on. im new to the rc race seen in Aus, other than club level were who cares what the rules are really.... but YES AGREE 100%. ALL THAT NEEDS TO BE DONE TO KEEP EVERYBODY HAPPY IS KEEP USING AARCMCC RULES as A RULE OF THUMB THEN IM ONLY COMPLAINING WHEN RACE EVENT ORGANISERS CANT EVEN PUT OUT A SET OF RULES BEFORE THE EVENT FOR EVERYBODY TO COMPLY WITH. YEAH YOU GOT TO ASK 1000 QUESTIONS ONLINE. THE ORGANISERS ARE THE PROBLEM NOT THE RACERS... BUT HECK I WOULDNT WANT THIER JOB.!IMAGINE PUTTING UP WITH MY QUESTIONS. yeah if they just write a RULES list WELL BEFORE for the upcomming event and im sure there wont be many problems.
Paragraphs and grammar are your friends, not your enemies