Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Turismo 4

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 05:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hahaha, good stuff.

I had a save game on a memory card but my dad had copied it onto a USB Flash drive as we have installed a HD Loader on 1 of our 4 Playstations. I couldn't be bothered waiting so I did the licence tests. I kinda like the fact that you start out with a shitehouse car and work your way up. Makes the game more rewarding I think, so I bought a 1989 Nissan Skyline GTS and I have only put a few things on it like a chip, stage one turbo, sports intercooler and a few other things. Its hitting 302hp now so that's okay, gets me going. Now I've done the licence tests and such (and I won that NIKE car, 2022 concept car. Now that's weird!!!) I should be able to rack up the dollars now. I think that the driving exercises on the bottom left of the screen look interesting. There's enough of them for christ sake!!
Old 03-10-2005, 05:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally posted by VenomWorldOrder
you guys know that you can get 100,000 straight up if you have a previously saved gt3 or prologue game on ur memory car right??

this means you can start racing with a hopped up ford typhoon, or monaro. i started with a N1 gtr r32 skyline with full 3 stage lightening, and several engine mods and sticky tires.

can't wait to get the lotus 7 and the souped up m3 bmw
What??? I might try to start again when I get home as I selected the option to not include GT3 stuff in a profile.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Geez You Guys been goin Hard at gt4 game It Must be Good Then.... How's the Graphics compare to the gt3 and also the cars whats new??

Can You still use your Previous gt3(saved) on to the gt4 game??
Old 03-12-2005, 02:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Lowner_V1S
Geez You Guys been goin Hard at gt4 game It Must be Good Then.... How's the Graphics compare to the gt3 and also the cars whats new??

Can You still use your Previous gt3(saved) on to the gt4 game??
the game has so many cars dude! you will be happy. the graphics are similar. some things are improved like the shading. you can also change rims put after market wings on and nitro. plus you also having tuning options from all the big 3rd party jap brands. so you can buy a nissan and have it fully optioned by mines, or hks, or mix and match...(no advantage that i could figure out yet)

the only thing that is worse than gt3 or 2 is the replays! they don't seem as good as previous games. they are generally fixed camera views, as oposed to the "TV style" replays of the older versions.

....i wonder if you can tune the model t ford??
Old 03-12-2005, 02:53 AM
Tech Elite

I don't think there is a performance advantage or price advantage between the 3rd party companies, but I do think that there is mainly a price advantage when compared to factory Nismo, or Ralliart as an example, when compared to the 3rd party companies. Not sure if that goes for performance too.
Old 03-12-2005, 03:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by F. Alonso
I don't think there is a performance advantage or price advantage between the 3rd party companies, but I do think that there is mainly a price advantage when compared to factory Nismo, or Ralliart as an example, when compared to the 3rd party companies. Not sure if that goes for performance too.
another good way of making money without busting your car is to do the driving missions. i think there is like $200,000 in credits there plus you get a car every level you complete.

i have a used car that seems to not perform as well anymore. do you think they have included engine deterioration in this version?.. or is it that i am running really hard tires for sprint races? (i can't afford alot of tyres yet )

anyone gotten all golds in the licences?
Old 03-12-2005, 02:18 PM
Tech Master

I haven't gotten a gold yet, a few silvers but mostly bronze. The Logitech wheel is taking a little while to get use to, the pedals are too small for my sz 16 feet... its the only let down with the wheel combo in my book though. Best $180 i've spent in a while!
Old 03-12-2005, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

Have you guys had any issues yet where after a while (like maybe an hour or so) the pedals will lose their calibration and when you aren't applying the brake, the little bar at the bottom shows just a tiny bit of brakes causing you to go considerably slower compared to your rivals??? Also.... I've found that it will happen on the throttle side too and not give you 100% throttle after a while, but that's only happened once or so. The braking issue is far worse. I've had to press start, then unplug the wheel from the USB port and plug it back in so that it does its own calibration thingy again, then it'll be fine. It's a bloody pain in the ass and since thursday, I've probably had to do it around 7-8 times. Also... very frustrating if you are on a last lap of a longish race and it happens, especially when it is a nailbiter, then that is the cause of you losing the race!!
Old 03-12-2005, 06:28 PM
Tech Champion

Not sure how you guys can use those steering wheels... been there and done that and they all suck. The extra time to react with the amount of movement it takes makes up to a sec per lap difference over a good ole dual shock.

More licences to do! After GT3 it looks like it will be close to a week to complete the licences! They are gettin harder and harder!
Old 03-12-2005, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

No way, its sooo much better with the steering wheels, once you get used to it. I've got quite a few hours under my belt of experience with them in GP4 mainly, as well as both the Race Driver games and others, and the extra control that you get is just awesome. Plus with the force feedback, it will emulate the body roll, so you can better understand what the car is doing underneath you. Without doubt the wheel is the way to go!!
Old 03-12-2005, 09:27 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by F. Alonso
Have you guys had any issues yet where after a while (like maybe an hour or so) the pedals will lose their calibration and when you aren't applying the brake, the little bar at the bottom shows just a tiny bit of brakes causing you to go considerably slower compared to your rivals??? Also.... I've found that it will happen on the throttle side too and not give you 100% throttle after a while, but that's only happened once or so. The braking issue is far worse. I've had to press start, then unplug the wheel from the USB port and plug it back in so that it does its own calibration thingy again, then it'll be fine. It's a bloody pain in the ass and since thursday, I've probably had to do it around 7-8 times. Also... very frustrating if you are on a last lap of a longish race and it happens, especially when it is a nailbiter, then that is the cause of you losing the race!!
Hey,
I had the exact same problem!
I was going down the straight of trial mountain in a powerful car and as it went up the slight hilly bit the car actually slowed down. I thought that couldnt be right. The next lap was fine so i thought nothing of it. Till i did another race and the other cars were so much faster and i noticed the little tiny bit of brake on the meter. after applying the brake a few times it went to neutral but came back the next time i broke...
To fix it i just reconnected the wheel and it was fine....i don't think it happened after that and i played for a while.

I have to agree with Dragonfire. The control is so much faster. Even if the lines look exactly the same the lap times are slower with the wheel.....i guess if you practiced enough you would get the same time but i think its all in the time it takes to change from lock to opposite lock that makes the wheel slower. The wheel makes engine sounds when you turn it fast enough.

When people say that they have completed the licences do they mean they have got gold in all of them? Because that would take years. Especially with the slow cars doing a full circuit. Bronze is adequate but not as satisfying.
Old 03-12-2005, 11:25 PM
Tech Regular

Default quick cars

whats the quickest car you have than can do the quarter mile i have a 02 rex sti punching over 530hp running 8.3 i have spent over 200,000 on it
then i have a lancer evo VIII doing over 580 hp running 9.3 spent over 100,000 on it
after that i have a skyline punching a mega 850hp running 8.6 spent over 200,000
and they all have standard gear boxes lol

tell me yours
Old 03-13-2005, 01:22 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: quick cars

Originally posted by StasI
whats the quickest car you have than can do the quarter mile i have a 02 rex sti punching over 530hp running 8.3 i have spent over 200,000 on it
then i have a lancer evo VIII doing over 580 hp running 9.3 spent over 100,000 on it
after that i have a skyline punching a mega 850hp running 8.6 spent over 200,000
and they all have standard gear boxes lol

tell me yours
i remember in my high school years on the first ever gt i had the quickest quarter mile time of anyone...i'll meet your challenge soon....when i can get some credits!

we should have categories: ie jap cars, us cars european cars and concept/lemans cars/rally cars etc

TIP FOR MAKING CASH; if you own a nissan gtr go to the R racing section under nissan, you get some good credits for winning and they give you a 100,000 credits car at the end. the old rear wheel drive lemans nissan road version. you can do this race several times and win the same car then sell em.

the wheel issue might be fixed with a slightly stiffer spring. seems like the spring gets compressed with use and becomes stuffed. send logitech a email so that future versions are fixed
Old 03-13-2005, 01:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

VWO,

Anther quick cash race is the special conditions races, go to the capri rally if you win you get a $265,000 rally car.

I won this event with a standard EVO VI so its a pretty easy race
Old 03-13-2005, 01:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by MrRolla
VWO,

Anther quick cash race is the special conditions races, go to the capri rally if you win you get a $265,000 rally car.

I won this event with a standard EVO VI so its a pretty easy race
wow i might try that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.