Old 07-29-2012, 02:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by AUSSIE BOB
NO and WHY ????
To keep everyone on a level playing field
Old 07-29-2012, 02:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Blinky has kept people on a level playing field. Further to that, the rules say only rotors from 12mm to 12.5mm. In rotors, you don't experience a noticeable difference until you throw in a 13mm or a 11.5mm rotor.
I like it how it is at the moment.
Old 07-29-2012, 02:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I personally like the idea, but don't think it would work. Too many people have their own 'special' combos and would not want to deviate from that.
Old 07-29-2012, 03:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

i dont believe changing rotors is in the spirit of stock racing, the concept is that people can go to the shop any buy a motor out of the packet and be competitive. Whilst its correct to say that even in rebuildable stock, people had to buy different brushes and springs, its also correct to say that situation isn't ideal

I find it ironic that the turbo era was simpler than this current situation, now you have rotors and motor timing creating a myriad of timing/rotor combinations and gearing theories

in reality, stock racing has never been simple, 540 racing was better for that purpose, where the only thing you really thought about for the next race was "should i go up the pinion?"

now its like, "should i try the 12.5mm hi torque rotor with 35 deg timing but i'll need to drop the pinion, oh but it will run better cos ive got ceramic bearings in it"

in saying all that its pretty even at the moment, i didnt see much difference in the top speeds apart from chrsitian who told me that adam was quick in a straight line, i determined in the next race that christian was slow in a straight line, he then found tonight he had negative timing on the motor, lol

Overall though, i would be happy with a one motor/speedy combo no timing deal
Old 07-29-2012, 03:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I think its a great idea but it would be ' too level playing field ' for most people now. Our club is and has been running a mini 13t system and everyone runs a close
Gear ratio and its fast racing and very even and brings it
Down to chassis adjustment and driver skill. No matter how much everyone says blinky modes are making things even its not because certain people still drive right round people on the straights. Turnigy mini systems can be bought now for 60 dollars so theres no need to worry about spending bucket loads of money. My 2c

Last edited by cmy55s; 07-29-2012 at 03:22 AM. Reason: F
Old 07-29-2012, 03:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AUSSIE BOB
NO and WHY ????

To keep everyone on a level playing field

level it any way you want,fact is the fast guys will still be fast
Old 07-29-2012, 03:28 AM
Tech Addict

why would you want to take away the chance of stock drivers getting sponsorship with manufactures ?

which motor would you use? what would happen to the class if there is a shortage of motors before a state/national event? change the motor and make everybody that has the correct motor to go out and change because not everybody can get the motor? same thing with the esc.

if you want a one motor class 540 is the way to go but as stock goes i've never seen is so competive as it has been in the last 2-3 years. not just being on the lead lap get's you into the top 10 but being on the lead lap only 12 seconds behind TQ can be back in the b-main

just my 2 cents worth

BAMbam
Old 07-29-2012, 04:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

NO and NO
The racing in stock at this point in time is THE CLOSET and MOST competitive it has been in years , why destroy the classes ??

I won the nats with a 3yr old stock ballistic "standard rotor"that also 3yrs old and still use this motor today as my #1
so i dont wanna hear about having to buy the latest motors or rotors to be fast.
All you guys who think us top guys are faster and keep spending on motors etc , here is the best advice you will ever get and its free "GO PRACTICE" GET YOUR LINES RIGHT , MAKE LESS MISTAKES AND YOU WILL BE FAST.
if you want advice on gearing etc , come ask . im always willing to share my info with anybody who wishes to know.
Funny thing is the people who have asked and been told and shown , go away and do there own thing then come up with these hair brain ideas on one motor and speedy rule "come on"why dont we make it control tires , motor speedy , chassis and gear ratio while we are at it , maybe servos and radio too ? TRUE SPEC CLASS even playing field.

cheers
ash anthony
Old 07-29-2012, 07:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 49er
NO and NO
The racing in stock at this point in time is THE CLOSET and MOST competitive it has been in years , why destroy the classes ??

I won the nats with a 3yr old stock ballistic "standard rotor"that also 3yrs old and still use this motor today as my #1
so i dont wanna hear about having to buy the latest motors or rotors to be fast.
All you guys who think us top guys are faster and keep spending on motors etc , here is the best advice you will ever get and its free "GO PRACTICE" GET YOUR LINES RIGHT , MAKE LESS MISTAKES AND YOU WILL BE FAST.
if you want advice on gearing etc , come ask . im always willing to share my info with anybody who wishes to know.
Funny thing is the people who have asked and been told and shown , go away and do there own thing then come up with these hair brain ideas on one motor and speedy rule "come on"why dont we make it control tires , motor speedy , chassis and gear ratio while we are at it , maybe servos and radio too ? TRUE SPEC CLASS even playing field.

cheers
ash anthony
Best post in this thread!
Old 07-29-2012, 12:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Lapping....
Old 07-29-2012, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Syndicate
Lapping....
Hacker
Old 07-29-2012, 03:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

MARSHALL!!!
Old 07-29-2012, 03:21 PM
Tech Initiate

No.....

Try swapping cars with one of the 'fast' guys for a run.
I bet he will beat you with your own car. Sucks don't it.

It's one of life's 'realitys'

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.