Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need A Charger

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 04:26 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Need A Charger

I just bought a Sprint 2 Flux from America and obviously the charger doesn't fit in our AC outlets so could anyone advise me on a good charger that will charge a HPI plazma 8.4V 3300 mAh battery?? I think the connector is a deans (has the one vertical and one horizontal parts) Thankyou very much in advice for any advice. As you can see I am new to the hobby and don't really know what I'm doing. Thanks.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCnoobster
I just bought a Sprint 2 Flux from America and obviously the charger doesn't fit in our AC outlets so could anyone advise me on a good charger that will charge a HPI plazma 8.4V 3300 mAh battery?? I think the connector is a deans (has the one vertical and one horizontal parts) Thankyou very much in advice for any advice. As you can see I am new to the hobby and don't really know what I'm doing. Thanks.
you could just get one of these from your local electronics store

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView...BCATID=1001#12

cheaper than buying a new charger for now
Old 05-30-2012, 05:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Check the voltage range it will work with. If it will do 240V, you could just buy an adaptor to adapt the US plug to fit in an Australian socket.

Otherwise I'd recommend a Swallow AC/DC EQ.

Edit: I downloaded the manual, looks like it won't do 240V. Guess you'll need a new charger. Probably just as well, you don't want to wait for a battery to charge overnight.