Wiki Posts
Search

Servo repairs

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2005, 04:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Servo repairs

Hey guys just wondering if anyone here knows how to fix digital servo's? I really dont want to send back to Japan not unless no one can fix it up... i think its just a motor that seized my 9550 seized because the failsafe was on and the servo was in load the whole time although my reciever pack is nice and discharged now let me know.
Old 02-12-2005, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

The Oz Futaba distributor (can't remember their name, at the moment) wanted to send our faulty radio back to Japan for repairs. I believe they don't actually have a service facility here. It was only A$40 all up, anyway. I figured the postage to Japan and back would have come to more than $40, so, a good deal, I thought.
Old 02-13-2005, 02:23 AM
Tech Elite

fukwrx, send me a pm or post the details here if you find out about this. i also have a s9550 that needs repairs.
Old 02-13-2005, 04:04 AM
Tech Master

I asked my father to ask for me in the LHS and they said its going to cost about 4000Y maybe we send ours together tom.

how did you blow yours up? fkn bit pissed about that needed that for my TH servo.
Old 02-13-2005, 04:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by FUK_WRX
I asked my father to ask for me in the LHS and they said its going to cost about 4000Y maybe we send ours together tom.

how did you blow yours up? fkn bit pissed about that needed that for my TH servo.
i had it as a throttle servo in my nitro. it busted after about 6 or 8 months of use.

i think it just got over worked. craig hawkins uses these on his throttle as well so if he uses it, it's suitable just make sure the servo isn't pushing against the "stops" on the casing when at full brake or throttle. this is how they blow up half the time.

for electric cars nothing beats em.

yeah go halves on the yen thing. by the way is your dad Japanese? just had some friends from Nippon leave today.

Last edited by VenomWorldOrder; 02-13-2005 at 04:23 AM.
Old 02-14-2005, 12:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by VenomWorldOrder
i had it as a throttle servo in my nitro. it busted after about 6 or 8 months of use.

i think it just got over worked. craig hawkins uses these on his throttle as well so if he uses it, it's suitable just make sure the servo isn't pushing against the "stops" on the casing when at full brake or throttle. this is how they blow up half the time.

for electric cars nothing beats em.

yeah go halves on the yen thing. by the way is your dad Japanese? just had some friends from Nippon leave today.
I usually dont make that mistake but who ever picked up my car last forgot to switch it off. I am sure i only need to replace the motor and the plastic gear but leave to the pros

My dad is not jap. my mother lived in osaka since 1986.