Search

RCHobbies - Problems....?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 04:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Arrow RCHobbies - Problems....?

Hi,

Has anyone else had problems with RCHobbies.com.au in Sydney ?

I ordered something from them and have been told that according to their records, it has been delivered however, I have not received the goods.

The signature on the docket has been signed for by the courier !

I am now trying to either get them to resend the item or give me a refund. My last resort is to issue a chargeback via my credit card.

I am very disappointed with the service so far and the management does not seem very proactive in resolving the issue.

I have had to spend the best part of the day ringing the courier they hired to understand where the parcel is....surely, this is their role !

I have no confidence in the couriers they employ however, I just hope they can do the right thing...

Does anyone have any positive things to say about rchobbies.com.au ?
Old 05-17-2012, 04:38 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Ausrc forums have quite a lengthy discussion from people who have had issues with rchobbies.

I used them once, never again.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Mate, I hear ya...I just hope they do the right thing and resend the goods...
Old 05-17-2012, 05:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Worst hobby shop I have ever dealt with. Seriously dont stuff around and just do the charge back. Took them 2 months to refund me after they had received the goods back after sending wrong stuff. Totally clueless staff and management.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

I have given them until tomorrow to resolve the issue. They have told me they are waiting to hear back from the couriers however, I have spoken to the couriers direct and already know their response.

The courier signed for the package with the letters "ATL"....which apparently means "Authorised to Leave" ! I asked where they got their authorisation and they could not answer the question. I never gave permission just to leave the parcel so we shall what happens tomorrow....

Personally, I see a trip to the ANZ coming on Saturday morning !

Last edited by deltrum; 05-17-2012 at 05:28 AM.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I had the same problem years ago with a slash kit, they had records hat it had been sent and signed for by someone. When I requested to see the signed slip it was a squiggle By the courier ... They did refund me but it took along time. I will never purchase from them again..
Old 05-17-2012, 05:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks...I shall update this tomorrow with the outcome...good or bad !
Old 05-17-2012, 02:34 PM
Tech Regular

well I have never had probs with them and use them a fair bit Yes they are clueless but if I order and pay for something they dont have my goods come and there a cheque in there for the bits they did not have ( I always pay str8 away instead of waiting for them to contact me like you spose to and I only ever do a bank transfer) But I have not actually bought a kit from them just parts and tyres ect. I might have to change shops though.
Old 05-17-2012, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

So my story is that I ordered an item, it took over a week to arrive and was wrong. Sent back same day and it took three weeks for manager to pickup from post office. Then a further three weeks to get refund. It was only refunded after I logged a charge back with my cc company and also threatened legal action. Numerous phone calls and emails were exchanged and they generally failed to reply to most of them. I have had much better service from individuals operating out of their shed than rchobbies.
Old 05-17-2012, 04:55 PM
Tech Regular

I think there prob is they got so big they just dont care any more. I always ring them when I do an order as well to find out from the horses mouth what is going on
Old 05-17-2012, 05:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bollard
I think there prob is they got so big they just dont care any more. I always ring them when I do an order as well to find out from the horses mouth what is going on
This

Years ago Fred was great, but he must have had to put on more staff, and you are only as good as your worst employee

It is the same with just about any LHS in this Country, i'm sure there is some good ones, but i am yet to find them
Old 05-17-2012, 11:36 PM
Tech Adept

Used them a few times with no problem. The last order was a simple o-ring for a carby, bit disappointed they slugged me $10 postage for a letter, still it was fast delivery.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:21 AM
Tech Elite

Fred is the most honest hobbystore owner i know .he will sort out your issue im sure of that.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Okay, bit of an update...it is with regret that RC Hobbies.com.au have been unable to resolve this matter.

Tim, The Manager, has advised that they are waiting for the courier to confirm whether delivery has taken place or not. I advised that I have had evidence that the delivery has been signed for [by the courier] but not by me, the person they have a contract with !

He was adamant that they will not do anything without the courier admitting liability.

Irrespective of the courier being liable, I [the customer!] has not received the goods that have been ordered !

The Manager [Tim] of RC Hobbies has not done enough in my opinion to resolve this matter with the couriers which they have engaged. As the consumer, I am no further forward in resolving this matter and I feel like I have run out of options.

A trip to the ANZ is on the cards tomorrow me thinks....

Caveat emptor [Buyer Beware...!]
Old 09-09-2012, 06:16 PM
NAA
Tech Adept

Howdy all

For those who were getting service and repairs at RC Hobbies we have moved the service department to Ryde.

Nitro Addicts Australia. Com run by Mark De Berard started the service centre there and has since moved out due to conflicts working there. These conflicts were more to do with trying to integrate a proper service centre with people who were predominantly more interested in retail. So nobody is to blame, just an incompatability.

So now we have a full service centre doing fast service and cheap prices. We can do a full service and tune from as little as $20 and if you bring a friend they pay half price AND we do the work on the spot while you wait :-)

Call Mark 0413 370 392 or visit our web site :-)

Cheers

NAA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.