Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Weird Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 03:58 AM
Tech Regular

Unhappy Weird Question

HI my Mtroniks speed control ( digi sprint) doesnt have any brakes even when i reset it or program it . The ESC was working fine until i cut the comm and change the brushes (4499 in a monster stock) Im NOT a newbie to this i have been in the hobby for 3 years now. Is there any chance that you can fry the brake in the ESC or something around those lines?? on the ESC is shows FULL brake but its like neutral > i have a XS3 controlling it

Is there any chance that the motor can cause this???

help is much appreciated
Old 02-04-2005, 05:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Lightbulb Broken brakes

yes the motor can cause loss of brakes. It is usually caused by the comm in need of a cut and/or the brushes are munted but it can also do it when they are in good order. the first thing you should do is put a different motor in the car(even a 540 will do), this will weave out weather it is the motor. if you still have no breaks. it can't really be the radio if it is showing the reverse light so if changing the motor does not work it would be the ESC. I know of a few digi sprints that have kicked the bucket for no good reason so i would not at all be supprised. I'm going to have my ESC changed and fixed and I hear a guy named peter stubis is the man that can do it. Anyhow try a different motor and if that don't work PM me and I will give you peter's Mob # and email address.
Cheers
~Jack
Old 02-04-2005, 04:04 PM
Tech Regular

yes i have tryed a 540 and still no brakes also i have heard if that peter broke hes a nice guy
Old 02-04-2005, 08:37 PM
Tech Adept

Default Mtroniks vs Monster Pro

I have used an Mtroniks digi sprint (currently in my Pro 4) for about two years now without any problems. That was until I bought a Trinity Monster Stock Pro. As soon as I bolted it in the car it was uncontrollable. The radio glitching and interference was unbelievable. I swapped back to an Orion Core Stock and the problem went away. I then bought another Monster Stock (thinking that the previous one was a dud) this one also caused the same problem. Although the monster motors work perfectly when I use them with my Novak Speedy. The Monster is great motor and the Mtroniks is a great speedy but they just don’t like each other (at least in my case anyway).
Old 02-04-2005, 10:28 PM
Tech Regular

also i have had epic based and monsters in there before it started to stuff up its got me puzzled
Old 02-04-2005, 11:30 PM
Tech Addict

you guys have all the caps, and diodes installed on the motors? if it has one of those little circuit boards with caps installed put some extra solder between the board and top of endbell where the tabs are pushed over.
Old 02-05-2005, 02:49 AM
Tech Regular

the monster stock has 3 caps factory installed i have done that trick as well more solder and i do know what a diode is and it is installed ?? anyways do you blokes use brakes in stock i know in mod you do just saying that i might not even need them
Old 02-05-2005, 03:09 AM
Tech Regular

Stasi: I know for sure that i couldn't get by without brakes, that dusty hairpin in the far left corner would kill me You haven't accidently changed any radio settings have you?? possibly the End Point adjustment on your throttle?? I know that if i set mine all the way down my car won't come to a halt very quickly.
Old 02-05-2005, 03:12 AM
Tech Regular

if i back off half way on the back straight i might be allright i have tryed everything possilbe i have 10 model memory and i have tryed on each one just tomorrrow i have to take it slow
Old 02-05-2005, 03:19 AM
Tech Addict

do away with the pc board type, and add new caps to it old school style.

raced stock for years and never needed brakes, only use brakes occasionaly in mod too - but depends on person because we all drive different i spose.

hei have a bloke who fixes the mtronics stuff i cant remember his name off the top of my head, you probably blew the brake fet or it just died.
Old 02-05-2005, 03:20 AM
Tech Regular

You run a 27meg transmitter right?? If so i'll lend you mine and see if it fixes the problem, can't hurt and it'll only take a sec.
Old 02-05-2005, 03:44 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Dynamite

, you probably blew the brake fet or it just died.
so you can blow the brake finally some knows what there talking about thanks
Old 02-05-2005, 03:45 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by pyrosian
You run a 27meg transmitter right?? If so i'll lend you mine and see if it fixes the problem, can't hurt and it'll only take a sec.
well see but i thinks it the ESC
Old 02-07-2005, 01:29 PM
AI2
Tech Rookie

DiscoStu:

I've also experienced slight but wierd glitching problems with monster stock motors.

I find that this totally elminates it: file both edges on the laydown brushess about 0.5-1.0mm.

It seems that the overlap of the laydown brushess across the comm creates a short circuit across the battery, which brings down the battery voltage and causes all sort of problems for the reciever and the speedo. Especially a problem with older recievers and speedos.

Try this simple thing and see if it makes a difference.

Good luck.