Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Victorian Onroad Interclub Series??? >

Victorian Onroad Interclub Series???

Victorian Onroad Interclub Series???

Old 03-04-2012, 09:05 PM
Tech Adept

Default Victorian Onroad Interclub Series???

Was wondering why there's no Victorian Onroad Interclub Series?
I'm a member at SERCCC & after running at the KROMA Cup, I wondered why there wasn't a points system linking all the trophy meets and no clubbys on trophy weekends to encourage people to do more events

The Victorian RC Touring Series (a dream in my head at the moment)……..imagine
Classes
IC
Pro Tourer
Stock Tourer (Controlled Engine)

EP
Open
21.5 open timing
21.5 zero timing
Mini

You could run a race every couple of months, spreading them round to all the tracks that will let them run

Would be a great thing!!!
I hope someone who has some sway will read this
Old 03-04-2012, 10:28 PM
NT
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

It gets brought up every year.

The vortec committee have never voted against it-but have always said that if someone commits to organizing it and running it, keeping tabs on the scores, promoting it an working out the calendar fairly amongst all clubs, then let's go!

Applicants apply within!
Old 03-05-2012, 07:18 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by NT

The vortec committee have never voted against it-but have always said that if someone commits to organizing it and running it, keeping tabs on the scores, promoting it an working out the calendar fairly amongst all clubs, then let's go!

Applicants apply within!
I might have a yack with my VORTEC delegate and see what he has to say….
Old 06-09-2012, 08:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by NT

Applicants apply within!
Could you please send me any contact info for Vortec please.

Graham
Old 06-09-2012, 10:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

There is currently one of these being set up for F1 only by David Stevens from TFTR.

Looking at running around 4 rounds at various clubs in Victoria.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Graham, the VORTEC committee is made up of the individual clubs, so you cant actually contact VORTEC directly. You need to go through your club or if you've got a question, post it on here, I'm sure it'll get a response from someone in the know.
Old 06-10-2012, 02:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tony gray
Graham, the VORTEC committee is made up of the individual clubs, so you cant actually contact VORTEC directly. You need to go through your club or if you've got a question, post it on here, I'm sure it'll get a response from someone in the know.
Thanks Tony,
I have written a letter to Boronia this afternoon, do you think this will get me there? as the matter isn't something I want to raise publicly.

Graham
Old 06-11-2012, 12:04 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by EEL Monster
Was wondering why there's no Victorian Onroad Interclub Series?
I'm a member at SERCCC & after running at the KROMA Cup, I wondered why there wasn't a points system linking all the trophy meets and no clubbys on trophy weekends to encourage people to do more events

The Victorian RC Touring Series (a dream in my head at the moment)……..imagine
Classes
IC
Pro Tourer
Stock Tourer (Controlled Engine)

EP
Open
21.5 open timing
21.5 zero timing
Mini

You could run a race every couple of months, spreading them round to all the tracks that will let them run

Would be a great thing!!!
I hope someone who has some sway will read this
this would be awesome....

Alysha and myself travel to all the 1/10th offroad clubs chasing the ORRCA Series with the last 2 events having a total amount in excess of 200 entries. (Bendigo 99 entries & Mildura 106 entries)

The biggest thing is that the cost of entry is nice an low ( $15 for the first class and $10 every other class) & no controlled tyres so there is no pressure to have new tyres at each round, helps encourage people to travel to the rounds.

here is the link to the Orrca manualORRCA MANUAL

for promoting the events it's the club's that promote there round of the series and what round it is of the series, with most clubs having a 2 day event and promoting them the only work would be doing the points for the series and announcing the calander for the series at the begining of each year

i know Alysha and myself would travel to all the onroad clubs for there 2 days events if it was for a series

Brad
Old 06-11-2012, 07:03 PM
NT
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Given that committee members at most clubs in Victoria are probably under the pump running their own clubs - if someone is keen on making this idea a reality, then they need to step up and commit to organising it.

It will probably mean that said person/people will have to give up on their racing aspirations to organise it, to promote it and to direct the race days.

People can't expect this to come from a top-down approach. It's upto someone to come along and create it
Old 06-12-2012, 04:26 AM
Tech Addict

i've been sitting here talking to my wife to see if i am able to step up to do the behind scenes for the on-road driver series.
Will be aiming for a minimum of 5 weeks and a maximum of 7 weeks between events. ( based on 8 clubs/rounds ) and the return of the interclub shield in a different format.

Here is a little bit to read and to discuss.

Vortec Victoria Drivers Series
Will be made up of (?) events held at (?) affiliated clubs each year with the() club holding the intershield
It is in the best interest of the host club to promote and run their event

The following classes will be run:

540 Pro (540 motors – black or silver end bell only)

21.5t (Approved 21.5t motor on the Approved list)

13.5t (Approved 13.5t motor on the Approved list)

Modified (any motor on the approved lists)

VTA Vintage touring cars (Approved 21.5t motor & esc on the Approved list) Binky/stock software

Mini (13.5t)

F10 (any motor on the approved lists)

Cross entry between:
540 pro – 21.5t
21.5t – 13.5t
13.5t – modified
Any driver may enter Vta, Mini & F10, making “5” Entrys the maximum from a single driver
Points will be awarded as follows:
1st place (20 points) through to 20th place (1 point)
21st place onwards will not receive points
An additional point will be awarded for TQ

Series winners will be determined based on the highest number of points from their best (?) out Of (?) rounds. If a round of the drivers series is cancelled (due to inclement weather or inability of The host club to run it) and cannot be rerun, all other rounds will count.

In the event of a tie, the following process will be used to decide the winner:
Points from the dropped round will be counted; then
Most number of round wins; then
Most number of race wins (qualifiers and finals).

The host club will provide trophies for 1st through to 3rd in each class at each round.
Vortec Victoria will provide overall series trophies to 1st through to 3rd in each class at the last
event of the year.

Racing Format
The following points provide guidance for how a Drivers Series Round should be conducted:

1. The track should be open for practise on Friday for a minimum of 5 hours.

2. The track will be open for 30 minutes practice on Saturday and Sunday morning for those drivers who could not make the practice session on Friday (unless there is standing water on the track, in which case the host club may announce that the track is closed). The track will be closed for the drivers meeting on both days

3. A drivers meeting will be held at a time determined by the host club, to ensure 5 rounds of qualifiers can be finished by 5pm on Saturday and 7:30am on Sunday. All drivers to bring cars for a photo on Saturday drivers meeting and the race format for the day will be officially announced.

4. First race to start at a time to be determined by the club on Saturday and 8:30 on Sunday.

5. If the number of drivers in a class is 12 or less, they are to be combined into one heat (assuming the drivers stand can accommodate them). If there are more than 12 drivers, they are to be split into 2 heats.

6. The default format is 6 qualifiers with staggered starts and 3 finals
Grid positions random for round 1 then based on finishing position in the previous round from then on.
The 5 best qualifying round points count with the fastest time used in the event of a tiebreak.

7. Races are to be 6 minutes (5 minutes for mod) duration with 2 minutes in between them

8. The host club will determine whether there is time to include breaks between rounds for track work. A 30 minute lunch break is recommended.

9. If the projected race time finish is after 5pm on either day, the format for the day should be shortened by 1 qualifiers (with staggered starts) and 3 finals. This includes:
Grid positions random for round 1 then based on finishing position there for after
No re‐grade.
If one or more Qualifying rounds are dropped then all Qualifying rounds count

10. Race format for the day to be finalised by the host club before the drivers meeting on Saturday morning following discussion and approval by the Vortec Victoria representatives. In the event of a substantial delay on the race day (i.e. computer failure) the format can be changed with the consent of the Vortec Victoria representatives.

11. If weather forces the finals to be reduced, the following is to occur:
2 finals to run with points from both to count ‐ fastest time to be used in the event of a tiebreak
A single final can be run however at least 3 rounds must be counted to declare a result (i.e. 2 qualifiers + 1 final). With the results from the best 2 Qualifiers and single final added together
No finals so Qualifying position will count as a result

12. Every effort will be made to give B finalists the same number of finals as A finalists.

13. As a minimum, the following scrutineering will take place:
All vehicles weighed after each round.
All vehicles through box after each round.

14. Cross entry between:
540 pro – 21.5t
21.5t – 13.5t
13.5t – modified
Any driver may enter Vta, Mini & F10, making “5” Entrys the maximum from a single driver

15. Race fees are $15 for the first class and $10 for every class thereafter.

16. A minimum of 5 entries are required for a class to run.

17. Race order will be 540pro – F10 – 21.5t – Mini – 13.5t – VTA – Mod

18 a controlled tyre will be selected for the series for all drivers to use at every track no limits on the amount of tyers
Old 06-12-2012, 11:29 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BAM Motorsports
i've been sitting here talking to my wife to see if i am able to step up to do the behind scenes for the on-road driver series.
Will be aiming for a minimum of 5 weeks and a maximum of 7 weeks between events. ( based on 8 clubs/rounds ) and the return of the interclub shield in a different format.

Here is a little bit to read and to discuss.

Vortec Victoria Drivers Series
Will be made up of (?) events held at (?) affiliated clubs each year with the() club holding the intershield
It is in the best interest of the host club to promote and run their event

The following classes will be run:
540 Pro (540 motors – black or silver end bell only)
21.5t (Approved 21.5t motor on the Approved list)
13.5t (Approved 13.5t motor on the Approved list)
Modified (any motor on the approved lists)
VTA Vintage touring cars (Approved 21.5t motor & esc on the Approved list) Binky/stock software
Mini (13.5t)
F10 (any motor on the approved lists)
Cross entry between:
540 pro – 21.5t
21.5t – 13.5t
13.5t – modified
Points will be awarded as follows:
1st place (20 points) through to 20th place (1 point)
21st place onwards will not receive points
An additional point will be awarded for TQ

Series winners will be determined based on the highest number of points from their best (?) out Of (?) rounds. If a round of the drivers series is cancelled (due to inclement weather or inability of The host club to run it) and cannot be rerun, all other rounds will count.

In the event of a tie, the following process will be used to decide the winner:
Points from the dropped round will be counted; then
Most number of round wins; then
Most number of race wins (qualifiers and finals).

The host club will provide trophies for 1st through to 3rd in each class at each round.
Vortec Victoria will provide overall series trophies to 1st through to 3rd in each class at the last
event of the year.

Racing Format
The following points provide guidance for how a Drivers Series Round should be conducted:

1. The track should be open for practise on Friday for a minimum of 5 hours.

2. The track will be open for 30 minutes practice on Saturday and Sunday morning for those drivers who could not make the practice session on Friday (unless there is standing water on the track, in which case the host club may announce that the track is closed). The track will be closed for the drivers meeting on both days

3. A drivers meeting will be held at a time determined by the host club, to ensure 5 rounds of qualifiers can be finished by 5pm on Saturday and 7:30am on Sunday. All drivers to bring cars for a photo on Saturday drivers meeting and the race format for the day will be officially announced.

4. First race to start at a time to be determined by the club on Saturday and 8:30 on Sunday.

5. If the number of drivers in a class is 12 or less, they are to be combined into one heat (assuming the drivers stand can accommodate them). If there are more than 12 drivers, they are to be split into 2 heats.

6. The default format is 6 qualifiers with staggered starts and 3 finals
Grid positions random for round 1 then based on finishing position in the previous round from then on.
The 5 best qualifying round points count with the fastest time used in the event of a tiebreak.

7. Races are to be 6 minutes (5 minutes for mod) duration with 2 minutes in between them

8. The host club will determine whether there is time to include breaks between rounds for track work. A 30 minute lunch break is recommended.

9. If the projected race time finish is after 5pm on either day, the format for the day should be shortened by 1 qualifiers (with staggered starts) and 3 finals. This includes:
Grid positions random for round 1 then based on finishing position there for after
No re‐grade.
If one or more Qualifying rounds are dropped then all Qualifying rounds count

10. Race format for the day to be finalised by the host club before the drivers meeting on Saturday morning following discussion and approval by the Vortec Victoria representatives. In the event of a substantial delay on the race day (i.e. computer failure) the format can be changed with the consent of the Vortec Victoria representatives.

11. If weather forces the finals to be reduced, the following is to occur:
2 finals to run with points from both to count ‐ fastest time to be used in the event of a tiebreak
A single final can be run however at least 3 rounds must be counted to declare a result (i.e. 2 qualifiers + 1 final). With the results from the best 2 Qualifiers and single final added together
No finals so Qualifying position will count as a result

12. Every effort will be made to give B finalists the same number of finals as A finalists.

13. As a minimum, the following scrutineering will take place:
All vehicles weighed after each round.
All vehicles through box after each round.

14. Cross entry between:
540 pro – 21.5t
21.5t – 13.5t
13.5t – modified

15. Race fees are $15 for the first class and $10 for every class thereafter.

16. A minimum of 5 entries are required for a class to run.

17. Race order will be 540pro – F10 – 21.5t – Mini – 13.5t – VTA – Mod

18 a controlled tyre will be selected for the series for all drivers to use at every track no limits on the amount of tyers

WHAT ABOUT NITRO'S?!!
Old 06-13-2012, 02:10 AM
Tech Addict

sorry EEL monster i did forget about the nitros.

I am primarily an Offroad driver that chases the Orrca Events. with a bit of onroad for fun

i do need feedback to know what classes i have missed so there is a common format at all the events
also a list of the 2 day events that the clubs have already to get them together for the series

i know this is going to take time to set up but i'm willing to give it a go and try to get it up and running just need the information to get it to work.

I will be competing at the Bendigo Classic if anyone wants to ask questions or make suggestions ( just look for the pits with the mobile nursery and small baby)
Old 06-13-2012, 04:50 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BAM Motorsports
sorry EEL monster i did forget about the nitros.

I am primarily an Offroad driver that chases the Orrca Events. with a bit of onroad for fun

i do need feedback to know what classes i have missed so there is a common format at all the events
also a list of the 2 day events that the clubs have already to get them together for the series

i know this is going to take time to set up but i'm willing to give it a go and try to get it up and running just need the information to get it to work.

I will be competing at the Bendigo Classic if anyone wants to ask questions or make suggestions ( just look for the pits with the mobile nursery and small baby)
Nitro's are an easy one for classes as 8tt scale can't run anywhere but Lilydale, which leaves 200mm Pro Tourer & pull-start/stock tourer
Old 06-13-2012, 02:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

What would be the point of including Nitro cars when 90% of the clubs that this proposed series would run at don't have Nitro cars at all normally? It'd just be the same people that normally run at serccc running at a different track!
Old 06-14-2012, 01:01 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BumFacedGoat
What would be the point of including Nitro cars when 90% of the clubs that this proposed series would run at don't have Nitro cars at all normally? It'd just be the same people that normally run at serccc running at a different track!
why should the nitro guys be left out? wouldn't it be more interesting for them to race at different tracks?

the idea is to get more entries at the current events.

wouldn't it be a nice feeling to compete at events with 90+ 100+ entries? be able to drive 3 or 4 classes with out being rushed?

my wife and I run 3 cars in the offroad series and look after a new born with us looking at expanding into 4 classes for next season (with a little one to look after one of us is in the pits while the other is on the track)

also know a few drivers that drive 3 classes in the series

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.