Wiki Posts
Search

Where do YOU buy from?

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 11:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Bad experiences

Anyone had any bad experiences with any of the sites mentioned above?
Old 03-01-2012, 12:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

I have found that the following are great local sources for our hobby needs:

R/C Pit hobbies
Northern Beaches Hobby Centre
Venom.com.au
Modelflight.com.au

Most recently I have found some pretty freaking cheap deals on good products at www.redstarhobbies.com, the tools and other products are pretty much exactly what you find elsewhere for double the price (and sometimes alot more than that)!

As for overseas - big ones like Tower, A-Main, Losi Parts House and Stella Models are all excellent and have good reps. To be honest though - a number of the Australian shops are getting more and more competitive with their pricing and it pays to actually shop locally first - or at least give them a go and ask the question.

Cheers

Darryn
Old 03-01-2012, 12:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by majed
Anyone had any bad experiences with any of the sites mentioned above?
Yes i have a problem with Walter R/C , after 3 years dealing with them as a driver , its just gonna be too hard to find that kind of service and prices anywhere else. so im trying my hardest to stick with them for as long as possible ! they have everything, great cars (serpent) hehe, SP products for EP and batts, chargers, tools, just about everything one needs.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by majed
Where do you guys pick up your gear. I'm interested mostly in 1/10 electric touring cars but any input is welcome.

Best place to pick up new gear? In Australia, Internationally etc
Where do you buy your second hand gear? Classifieds, auctions etc
for second hand gear check out the Australian for sale thread and the international for sale thread here on RC Tech. It's the easiest place to find secod hand gear and any hardcore RC racer will post here on RCTech. You don't need to waste your time with smaller forums bro.

For international Purchases Hong Kong shops will tear you a new one when it comes to delivery costs. Sure the prices look good, but wait till you see the new one they want to rip you for delivery ...i wouldn't waste my time with HK online shops unless the delivery is reasonable.

for International Orders go with:
Pro Shop Futaba
or
RC Champ

Search these on google and then click th "translate this page" link. You need to order via email, so you need to know what you want. Pro shop futaba has an online store which you can view using google translate.

for Australian Shops try:

Northern Beaches hobbies. again search on google. This shop has very good prices. If i am looking for electric gear this shop has the higher end stuff and the prices are honestly good. (i'm not the type to brown nose to a distributer so if i say it's cheap and good, it is )

also try RC Hobbies in Sydney (search it online). I heard their online ordering is pretty shocking so don't buy online. They have good gear at the store so shop at the store.

the above shops are large, cheap, and delivery is quick. 90% of my purchases have been using one of the above shops.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:41 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Thank you

Good responses guys, thanks to everyone who was helpful!