Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
shortage worldwide of FK kits DUE TO NEW CAR COMMING OUT? >

shortage worldwide of FK kits DUE TO NEW CAR COMMING OUT?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

shortage worldwide of FK kits DUE TO NEW CAR COMMING OUT?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 03:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by fastolfart
And Guess what, the X Ray guys have been running cars that slightly look like the FK, but there is a fair difference between the two.
So a new car could be on the way
i bet you 3 months after i get my FU Kit there's gonna be a new xray t2 evo1 comming out

plus it's always the logical step for a manufacturer to release a fully hopped up jobber before the new car comes out. this attracts the hardcore guys to a new car and squeezes the last cent from them and also attracts what marketers call the "late adopters" the people who don't buy anything until the fad has ended. this way you have the maximum amount of people trying your product which creates a pool of future buyers (and hopefully brand loyal users) for your new version! also known as the "bell curve theory"
class has finished for the day you are all dismissed
Old 01-07-2005, 03:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by VenomWorldOrder
i bet you 3 months after i get my FU Kit there's gonna be a new xray t2 evo1 comming out

plus it's always the logical step for a manufacturer to release a fully hopped up jobber before the new car comes out. this attracts the hardcore guys to a new car and squeezes the last cent from them and also attracts what marketers call the "late adopters" the people who don't buy anything until the fad has ended. this way you have the maximum amount of people trying your product which creates a pool of future buyers (and hopefully brand loyal users) for your new version! also known as the "bell curve theory"
class has finished for the day you are all dismissed
God you carry on with shit.
Old 01-07-2005, 03:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Atomix
God you carry on with shit.
hahahaha! ay man i was only agreeing with pete, and giving my reason why
Old 01-07-2005, 03:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hahahaha! ay man i was only agreeing with pete, and giving my reason why
To agree with Pete is to go on with shit.
Old 01-07-2005, 03:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Atomix
To agree with Pete is to go on with shit.
shit!

Old 01-07-2005, 04:35 AM
Tech Elite

http://shop.the-border.nl/product.ph...&cat=61&page=9

on the above link the fk kit is shown with a bag is this the latest version? or do they all come with the carry bag? i was told by another FK owner that his version had a different shock tower compared to someone who bought a kit just before they sold out.
Old 01-07-2005, 02:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I bought mine from SpeedtechRC just after the introduction of RC America and the customs debarcle that caused the hold up, but I got the old 3 hole front shock tower in my kit. Some people reported to get the new 4 hole front carpet shock tower with thier kits around the same time.

I wish it came with a bag, none of the FK's did unless you bought one extra at the time as far as i know..
Old 01-07-2005, 05:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i'd say that the bag is thrown in by that store, i mean just look at the price!!!!!! hell
Old 01-07-2005, 06:40 PM
Tech Champion

i'm not too rushed to get one, i'm not able to race at the next ec meet anyway i got some other stuff on, i might as well wait and get all the parts i wanna buy with it in one hit. plus i'd prefer to build one from scratch to understand how it comes together.
So where will the VWO get his Xray from?
Old 01-07-2005, 07:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Of Course the rumour is true

X-ray is a very good marketing company. Of course they will release a new car this year, just like the have done early in every year for the last three years. They want enthusiasts like us to always want to have a new model to lust for and go and spend our cash on. Tamiya uses a very similar marketing strategy and upgrade their models every year.

Questions on X-rays supply were posted in this forum late in 2003 when there was no supply of the T1 EVO2. Guess what ..... they released the factory kit soon afterwards.
Old 01-07-2005, 09:31 PM
NR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default New

And Guess what, the X Ray guys have been running cars that slightly look like the FK, but there is a fair difference between the two.
So a new car could be on the way

And you might not be able to get one then either, but just wait see any way
Pete you DC and Fred said that the differences over there were the chassis and bulkheads allowing the diff to be moved lower for CG and i was told by two of you that a few of the fast guys went back to the standard car correct?

Well all companies try and develop new things but the fk has only been out for 6 months. and there not as radical as tamiya in releasing cars.

Look at the new cars they try them at big races before releasing them its common sense to make sure it competes with the rest. Xray have not done this yet.

Thomas i dont happen to hunt your posts i just happen to come past the shit you SOMETIMES post just think a little more careful before you post what you do majority of the time its ridiculous thomas made up theories. on the same line you do post some good things sometimes.
Old 01-08-2005, 05:21 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: New

Originally posted by NR
Pete you DC and Fred said that the differences over there were the chassis and bulkheads allowing the diff to be moved lower for CG and i was told by two of you that a few of the fast guys went back to the standard car correct?

Well all companies try and develop new things but the fk has only been out for 6 months. and there not as radical as tamiya in releasing cars.

Look at the new cars they try them at big races before releasing them its common sense to make sure it competes with the rest. Xray have not done this yet.

Thomas i dont happen to hunt your posts i just happen to come past the shit you SOMETIMES post just think a little more careful before you post what you do majority of the time its ridiculous thomas made up theories. on the same line you do post some good things sometimes.
tell me if i'm wrong here but the FUK-it is a evolution of the evo2 right? just like the surikarn evo3 and the prospec mtx3?

these "best of the best" type cars always come out before a new car release. i'm still gonna get a xrayFUK but i'm still putting my money on a new car.

where am i gonna get the xray? i'm getting it from the us. reason being i'm guessing all the stock will head out there first to fill up the shelves of the new distributers there...plus i think i can scab a free T-shirt. it says so on the rc america site CHEAP B*****D!
Old 01-11-2005, 03:50 AM
Tech Elite

Talking BMI CHASSIS BAULK ORDER!!!

i'm placing a order for a bmi chassis and top deck for the FUKit along with a few other carbon parts (bumper brace, batt supports and front and rear thick shock towers)

you can get a inscription of your choice on the top deck for 50cents US per letter. eg: "associated is dead"

if anyone wants to do a baulk order for a chassis or any other parts PM me.
Old 01-11-2005, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

Default WOT DA FUK IT

Thomas, why don't you try running the car in standard kit form with the standard setup before you waste your money.

But then again, all the mod parts will keep you doing stock times at EC and every one will be happy
Old 01-11-2005, 09:38 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: WOT DA FUK IT

Thomas, why don't you try running the car in standard kit form with the standard setup before you waste your money.

But then again, all the mod parts will keep you doing stock times at EC and every one will be happy
HEHE very funny i was told by someone that there has been testing of a prototype car by xray but it might not go into production so yeah....should i get a fk or wait

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.