Wiki Posts
Search

1/12 pan cars

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 01:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by VenomWorldOrder
why is that? is it due to the cost factor that has crept into tourers over the last 2 years? is it because 1/12th can be cheaper than tourer mod and is just as quick quicker? just asking
Tom
Yes its cheaper! and it requires less maintaince!!! no CVDs no belts no shafts, only the rear axle. from looking at pics it almost looks like the same setup of mini z cars!

im getting one ASAP!
Old 03-06-2005, 11:59 PM
Tech Adept

what is a good 1/12th scale car to get ???
Old 03-07-2005, 01:09 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by hapiya
what is a good 1/12th scale car to get ???
both the RC12L4 and CRC kits seems very popular
Old 04-20-2006, 06:08 PM
Tech Regular

Time to awaken this thread!!!

Over the past few weeks, several 1:12 cars have run around at the SMA club in Tempe. Despite people saying it can't be done outside or without traction compound, we've had 4 of the little beasts running around and the traction with the right tyres, but no traction compound is better than most people think, by far. We've run 2 practice nights and 1 meeting , all on Tuesday nights down at SMA and had a ball each time. Little buggers even topped the radar gun sheets with only 4 cells, over touring mod. Top Speed approx 65kph on a single tennis court!!! Lapwise we ran 18 laps ( in 5 mins ) of a tight SMA layout 2 weeks ago and equilvalent of 20 to 21 laps this week with more tuning on the same track and they can only get faster with more experience.

Anyway, before you party poopers out there ( Mr Bersercoe , Mr Wood , Mr Grant etc etc trash the idea of running without traction compound, get out there with us and have a go down at SMA ! ( all that is said toungue in cheek gentlemen ) I know we aren't running Masami pace out there, but hell we are having fun and lap times have improved over 2 seconds a lap in the last week, just with some simple setup, tire selection and trying to drive a little smoother.

Anyone and everyone with a 1:12 pan car, get your arse to SMA on Tuesday nights to give it a go!

Thomas B, I know you have been snooping about asking 1:12 q's on here, just get one man!

1:12 Scale pan cars....whhhooooooooohhhhhhhooooooooooo
Old 04-20-2006, 09:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hey does any one run 1/12 in brisbane id love to run one of these as a second car cheap alternative just run my old stock motor and old batteries. so any one keen to do it in brisbane pm me might already have enough people then ill buy a car
Old 04-20-2006, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

We have 5 regulars who run on our new indoor track here in Adelaide, we run 19t control motors and 4 cells - they sure look great flying around the track!

Numbers have been picking up over the past couple of meetings, i'll have my 1/12th soon and there are a few other guys wanting to get them soon too
Old 04-20-2006, 09:22 PM
Tech Regular

Nice to hear others around the country are giving 1:12 a go! To my mind they look a lot cooler than tourers going around the track.

For the SMA 1:12 thread :

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=110961

Do you guys in Adelaide run traction compund at all? Whats your surface? Set up and car types etc?
Old 04-20-2006, 09:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Decathalon
Do you guys in Adelaide run traction compund at all? Whats your surface? Set up and car types etc?
I think they do, but i've been concentrating on my tourer at the meetings so far, so I i dont know for sure The track is an indoor Asphalt track - the grip is phenominal because they run nitro indoors too and for some reason the oil and crap they dump has made the whole track sticky to the touch. 1/12th's have been known to grip roll
Old 04-20-2006, 09:31 PM
Tech Champion

The noisy cars aid tremendously to the levels of grip, we used to run them pretty constantly at EC, and when there were a lot of noisy cars they were very enjoyable, the only downfall was that the noisy car driver's lines became the fast line, which doesnt necessarily mean it was the right line to take
Old 04-21-2006, 03:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

We run them at Maitland Normally there's 6 cars & growing. We use traction compounds on Netball courts that can have a bit of sand that blows over from the tennis courts but with the right tyres grip is good.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:46 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by v0rtex
The track is an indoor Asphalt track - the grip is phenominal because they run nitro indoors too and for some reason the oil and crap they dump has made the whole track sticky to the touch. 1/12th's have been known to grip roll
Traction roll??? Awesome.....I mean not awesome to roll but awesome you get that much grip. Our track is on a tennis court, surface is very smooth, a little dirty at times but not too bad. I started 2 weeks ago with a Stock 12L4 with Jaco Pink rears and purple fronts. Car was very twitchy in the tight stuff and very oversteery on the power. Changed to TRC Platinum rears last week and its a whole lot better. Still loose enough to steer with the power but a lot more planted than with the Jaco Pinks, about 1.5 to 2 secs a lap quicker.

lineburner, what tires are you guys running? Which traction compunds?

Besercoe, can I temp you to dig one of yours out for a run at SMA?
Old 04-21-2006, 05:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Where running Paragon Ground Effects compound, CRC Procut whites on the rear & Magenta on the front. Heaps of grip & our tracks was that dirty last time you couldn't read the numbers on the batteries after each run because of the dust
Old 04-22-2006, 02:34 AM
BG
Tech Addict

Does any one know if they race these things in Melbourne. Is the Keorca club still racing on friday nights and do they have a 12th scale class?

Cheers

BillyG
Old 04-22-2006, 04:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BG
Does any one know if they race these things in Melbourne. Is the Keorca club still racing on friday nights and do they have a 12th scale class?

Cheers

BillyG
hey Billy

KROMA club (keilor) do a fair bit of 12th scale racing or trying to start a class there. so come along if you can
Old 04-22-2006, 04:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Last weekend at Lilydale there were couple of 12th scale going around, Only seen them for the first time, Very quick for a 4cell 2wd, Very tempting to get one,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.