Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Srt

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 04:29 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for that tony

i have been checking out the T-Maxx, and have found a severly cracked Chassis brace that will need to be replaced before i am going to have a go with it.
needless to say i am not all that happy about this problem, but will contact nick in the morning to see how it can be rectified.

mainly i have been trying to do some maintenance on it, because it looks like it has not seen a oil can in a very long time.

so we will see about saturday, worst case scenario is it will be only with the Kyosho's if i can not get a replacement for the Maxx.

cheers

Last edited by Drof_one; 01-24-2005 at 04:54 AM.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Hmmmmmmm Want reply to that .
Mate i never lube anything on the t-maxx.. They get that dusty nd so much crap thrui them i think oilin them just adds to the wear more than anything else just clean the things off with metho and give it a good blow down with the compressor and its ready for next time here
Old 01-24-2005, 04:53 AM
Tech Regular

Yeah OK Not a problem

i like to keep things lubed even if it is in the dirt and dust.
this one was so tight with not having any lubrication that i was having trouble with the steering even when it was being held of the ground
Old 01-24-2005, 05:08 AM
Tech Elite

Not sure on what servos are in that truck mark but they are extremely slow and under powered (standard) They want turn the wheels while stationary U really need to keep the batteries charged as that helps a lot..
If u are unsure with anything just give us a holla ..
what fuel u got to run in it.??
I ran some new stuff last week The black colored stuff and mate never again
Old 01-24-2005, 05:16 AM
Tech Regular

Yeah OK Tony thanks for that.
i am running the 15% nitro from nicks and it seems to work fine in the Kyosho's, better than the 10% i was using from elsewhere
i have charged up the batteries that are in the truck as they are rechageables, but may have to look at the one's that nick's has got which are a lot better looking and may work better than the 4 rechargeable ones that have been taped together and stuck in there.
Old 01-24-2005, 05:23 AM
Tech Elite

yeah I run either 15% mixed or lately been running the premix they sell 20% but find with the later u have to have the truck hot before it will perform really sluggish when it is cold..

U will also find the reverse selector can be a bit tricky The best way is to just pull the revs up until the clutch starts to jerk where it wants to engage and then flick either to reverse or back into forward ..
Old 01-24-2005, 05:38 AM
Tech Regular

OK thanks for the info on fuel

i will have to wait and see how i go with the reverse selector, when i can actually have a drive of it

untill then just looking and learning about the truck

could not see any info on the web site that you directed me to, but was probably looking in the wrong place

Old 01-24-2005, 05:47 AM
Tech Elite

Bum Steer.
Just dropped into the site and hm sorry mate u could look for days and wouldnt find anything LOL They havent got one traxxs car or truck listed but have some kyosho models . U go to the drop down r/c guide then click the pop down -forms/manuals etc etc and it will be in there
Old 01-24-2005, 05:51 AM
Tech Regular

OK thanks Tony.
That was where i was looking and found the same stuff.

Not to worry, have got some stuff here including various manuals from other sites. so should be able to work it from there.

Old 01-24-2005, 06:02 AM
Tech Elite

No worries mate.
Off to bed for me

Catch u later on but again just holla if u need anything and let me know if u need to borrow the manual

Cheers
Old 01-24-2005, 06:05 AM
Tech Regular

thanks

Talk to you later

Cheers

Old 01-25-2005, 05:13 AM
Tech Elite

Evening Mark,
How did u get on with the t-maxx
Old 01-25-2005, 05:22 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by addicted
Evening Mark,
How did u get on with the t-maxx
Now that i have the correct manaul for it i am starting to get it to run better and cooler than what it was

as you can probably see on my avater, i have changed the body to something else to let some air actually circulate around the motor because the one that was on it did not allow much air to flow around it

other than that it is not to bad so far, but if i can sell some more stuff (including a Kyosho ultima gas one) i may have to get another one as i don't think i will have much of a chance to use it
the reason being is kurt want's it all the time

Old 01-25-2005, 05:34 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah they do need plenty of air cirulation and running them on the rich side helps too My next body too will have plenty of air flow and a roof scoop as well Now what u mean about the boy wanting to take it over i had the same prob here so i too brought another gas off roader Then he took that as well so i brought another he never got that one lol.
Anyway mate Just hd a shower and off to get some zzzz.s

Catch u later
Old 01-25-2005, 05:42 AM
Tech Regular

OK

Cheers Tony

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.