Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
AARCMCC I.C. Off-Road Rule Proposal >

AARCMCC I.C. Off-Road Rule Proposal

AARCMCC I.C. Off-Road Rule Proposal

Old 10-12-2011, 04:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Radio Active
You don't want to do that. It's the equivalent of saying every Australian should get a vote on every piece of legislation that goes before parliament, regardless of how much research and thinking they may have done on the proposal.

What you desperately want to avoid is people who have been a member of a club for 5 minutes texting their vote in like they are voting for their favourite act on The X Factor.

The direction of the sport and its rules cannot be a popularity contest. What is required are careful considered decisions from responsible people.

The situation in EP works reasonably well -- each club gets a vote. The members of the clubs elect their officials who are generally the ones who make the call on which way to vote. Those are the people club members trust with the running of their clubs, and those are the people who are responsible enough to do the proper research and thinking on each proposal.
Thats' pretty much how it is now for GP off road. Trouble is a lot of members complain that the never hear about votes such as this due to the committees making decisions themselves.

Furthermore some peolpe making these decisions haven't been to a big event, whereas a club member may have been to many of them and could rightly agrue that they would be able to make a more educated decision.

Maybe we could add that before you can vote you have to attend 1 or 2 sanctioned events?

Cheers

Mark
Old 10-12-2011, 04:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Thing
Thats' pretty much how it is now for GP off road. Trouble is a lot of members complain that the never hear about votes such as this due to the committees making decisions themselves.

Furthermore some peolpe making these decisions haven't been to a big event, whereas a club member may have been to many of them and could rightly agrue that they would be able to make a more educated decision.

Maybe we could add that before you can vote you have to attend 1 or 2 sanctioned events?

Cheers

Mark
I think it just comes down to committees being more responsible (or club members paying more attention to who they are electing as their committee). What Maitland do is post every proposal we get from AARCMCC on the forum section of our website and invite feedback from members. We've built our forum up so that it is quite active, and generally we get a free exchange of ideas. From the responses we get it is often quite easy to tell the respondent's motives and how much thought they have put into their reply. We then collate that feedback and the discussions we have with other clubs etc. before making a decision. The members of committee who have direct experience of the relevant discipline are the ones who lead the discussion in the Committee Room.

A recent proposal we got from the EP ONR section of AARCMCC was on a weight change for TCs. 90% of people's opinions were based almost solely on the weight of their own car. The remaining 10% had the bigger picture in mind, and articulated their view based on that. Those are the ones we paid most attention to in formulating our position. If we'd given everyone a vote though, the result would simply have been split based on which side of the proposed weight limit the TC each member owned was on.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by marco cianfrone
With the A,B,C finals if, for example, we got 7 lower buggy final (A,B,C,D,E,F,G) and just 3 truggy final (A,B,C), we can put the B and C truggy between the F_G and E_F buggy. In the new proposal i can not find the rule that explain what is going to happen if someone bump up from the E to the D buggy final when there are not any truggy left to put between the to buggy final.
There will be a set of time between the two final ?.
"Race organiser's discretion" is not an answer because we need a CLEAR rule that has to be followed wherever we go and from every "Race organiser".

Thank you
Originally Posted by Wild Thing
Yes there would need to be a gap currently you would have a 20 min break if you bumped under the current system.

And yes I agree Race Directors Discretion has to go

Cheers

Mark
Hi Mark,
if we got the same drivers number (12 or 15) in both final (A,B,C or Xmas), the differents between the two will be one semi because on the A,B,C the otherone is already in the main (20 mins. saved)
You say that we need a gap, also because the bump up cars have to be scrutinyed to be able to race the next final, so if you look my example we are going to have 60+ mins. of gap without any race.
Because on the Xmas final there isn t any gap(race on the track at any time) why the A,B,C final is faster than Xmas final if both system got 15 driver on the rostrum?

Thank you
Old 10-12-2011, 07:01 PM
Tech Elite

Why do people "have" to travel to 4 events?

The AARCMCC National Championship Series shall consist of 4 pre-nominated AARCMCC State Championship events and the AARCMCC Australian Championship event (5 rounds total)

the races are 7 mins so as to fit into a 3 day sheduale... not so superstars can out sprint anyone.. as Most "superstars normally still do well over 10 mins"

and the superstars that cannot keep their car intact for longer than 15mins will deny someone a spot in the Amain

Un the USA all of there nationals and major event are run the same as our new rule proposal.

We are not the USA

Our national championships will still stay the same as
ifmar.

Maybe im reading it wrong

The AARCMCC National Championship Series shall consist of 4 pre-nominated AARCMCC State Championship events and the AARCMCC Australian Championship event (5 rounds total)

As it is. If one person was to be competitive in the national series they would have to do 7 events..
dropping it to 5 events (counted) brings in more people that would be in the hunt for the Nationals "series" trophy... and in turn would focus more drivers towards the events that are in the series that year.

There are very few superstars that cant do 15 mins these days.

No we are not in the USA.. but they are leaps and bounds ahead of us when it comes to Rc.. so perhaps its a good ideas to take a note out of there book.

You are reading it wrong. as far as the individual championships goes. it will stay the same as IFAMAR. and our National series will consist of less events.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:28 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by marco cianfrone
Hi Mark,
if we got the same drivers number (12 or 15) in both final (A,B,C or Xmas), the differents between the two will be one semi because on the A,B,C the otherone is already in the main (20 mins. saved)
You say that we need a gap, also because the bump up cars have to be scrutinyed to be able to race the next final, so if you look my example we are going to have 60+ mins. of gap without any race.
Because on the Xmas final there isn t any gap(race on the track at any time) why the A,B,C final is faster than Xmas final if both system got 15 driver on the rostrum?

Thank you
Can I ask a silly question? Why do you need a gap between the C and D final?

The Main is 45 minutes long (with a 10 minute practice beforehand for the top 10), but the B final only 30 minutes, and the lower finals only 20 minutes. Theoretically you should be able to do 2 back-to-back lower finals without more wear on the car than if you were just doing the Main.

Wouldn't a 10 minute break between the C and D be enough? If you've bumped up your car should still be in working order, so you just want to change the tyres and fill it up, maybe check all the screws are still tight.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:03 PM
Tech Master

The Main is 45 minutes long (with a 10 minute practice beforehand for the top 10), but the B final only 30 minutes, and the lower finals only 20 minutes. Theoretically you should be able to do 2 back-to-back lower finals without more wear on the car than if you were just doing the Main.

Wouldn't a 10 minute break between the C and D be enough? If you've bumped up your car should still be in working order, so you just want to change the tyres and fill it up, maybe check all the screws are still tight.
Yeah your right........... 10 to 15 should be more than enough. However, if these new guidlines are passed we can then start to work out the finer details.

Happy to continue the discussion, but not much point if the new formatt is voted down

Cheers

Mark
Old 10-16-2011, 04:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Even though the cars may be in working order, if the same rules apply as they do now, all cars that bump up require scrutineering, I would guess that scrutineering a car would take about 2-3 mins per car, there goes a minumum of 10 mins, then you need to get your car back, quick check over maybe change tyres, battery and maybe plug, time would need to be allowed for this as well.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:10 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RX313BT
Even though the cars may be in working order, if the same rules apply as they do now, all cars that bump up require scrutineering, I would guess that scrutineering a car would take about 2-3 mins per car, there goes a minumum of 10 mins, then you need to get your car back, quick check over maybe change tyres, battery and maybe plug, time would need to be allowed for this as well.
Good point. You can cut down that time a bit though by scrutineering in finishing order.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:33 PM
Tech Addict

Good point. You can cut down that time a bit though by scrutineering in finishing order.
I was working times on only the top five cars being scrutineered, which would be min 10 mins, and if you were the last bump spot and or the last driver to get you car back it wouldn't leave any time to work on the car, and the time taken would also depend the host clubs scrutineers experience, sorry but I cant see much of a time saving there at all.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:58 PM
ajj
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Wouldn't finals be split up by 8th IC truggy and possibly 8th EP buggy though?
Old 10-17-2011, 02:14 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ajj
We're talking about what happens when you have more groups of Buggy than Truggy.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ajj
There wont be an 8th finals but A,B,C final then if they cut the track time to the average driver from 10 mins. qual. to 7 mins. and cut the event from 4 days to 3 days why should i have an EP class when this is an IC EVENT?!?!.

The 5 bump up cars go to the scrutiny table and then they will give the cars back to the drivers just when the last cars has been done so every bump up driver will have the same time to get his car ready for the next final.
If you don t have a clear rule that says this, you will have the first bump up driver with 15 mins. to fix his car for the next final and the 5th bump up driver with just 5 mins.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:10 AM
ajj
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

We're talking about what happens when you have more groups of Buggy than Truggy.
I understand that, I'll try again. Looking at previous attendance, there would be 5 buggy mains and 3 truggy mains on average. So there would only be the D and E buggy mains that were back to back, all other buggy mains would be split.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RX313BT
I was working times on only the top five cars being scrutineered, which would be min 10 mins, and if you were the last bump spot and or the last driver to get you car back it wouldn't leave any time to work on the car, and the time taken would also depend the host clubs scrutineers experience, sorry but I cant see much of a time saving there at all.
Must remember scrutineering is a "Parc Ferme" area, no car leaves until scrutineering is complete. No one gets a time advantage. With finals the scrutineering is completed in finishing order, that way if one fails, you scrutineer the next placed car. When the bump up positions are done, then the scrutineer gets to sit back, relax, and enjoy some racing.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:59 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by magnuts
Must remember scrutineering is a "Parc Ferme" area, no car leaves until scrutineering is complete. No one gets a time advantage. With finals the scrutineering is completed in finishing order, that way if one fails, you scrutineer the next placed car. When the bump up positions are done, then the scrutineer gets to sit back, relax, and enjoy some racing.
Another good point Andrew, when it comes to qualifying run times,I would presume there would be a clear cut rule from the start ie. for 0-80 entrys there will be 10min qualifiers, 80-120(entry cut off if its enforced!?) 7min qualifiers, then every entrant knows from the start what they will be getting in regards to track time.

Cheers
Scott

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.