Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya Fast Attack Vehicle FAV appreciation thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 02:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sith Lord
Not being a military man, I wasn't going for any particular look, but the look I got was crap! The darker brown seemed to have a puple hue to it and I couldn't get rid of it. Tried to spray over, but that wouldn't work. Time to get the sand paper out and start from scratch again! It probably wasn't toooo bad, but not up to my standards, so we'll have another go.

I do like that black/white blotch design you've just posted, so might try for that one this time around.
Take your time, light pressure and layers when youre spraying and Im sure you will get it down pat... That design if you study it carefully is not that hard and even if you stuff the pattern here and there its very hard to spot so altogether a forgiving yet intricate design to start on
Old 09-21-2011, 03:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sith Lord
Not being a military man, I wasn't going for any particular look, but the look I got was crap! The darker brown seemed to have a puple hue to it and I couldn't get rid of it. Tried to spray over, but that wouldn't work. Time to get the sand paper out and start from scratch again! It probably wasn't toooo bad, but not up to my standards, so we'll have another go.

I do like that black/white blotch design you've just posted, so might try for that one this time around.
I thought it was intentional!
The colours you've got are remarkably close to the current AusCam desert colours, including the purple. As a matter of fact I was joking not that long ago with a mate who was about to deploy overseas that his desert issue cams actually had purple bunny rabbits patterns on them.
Do a google search for images of Aussie troops in Afghanistan and you should see what I mean.

Anyway you look at it, I quite like your colour scheme so far.

Cheers
Dean
Old 09-21-2011, 03:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Andrew Barr

Please post up pictures of your cars.

Rube, get your pictures loaded up

When am I going to see this one at the track Andrew I was dissapointed you didnt bring it assembled last Sunday!!
Old 09-21-2011, 03:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Capt_Splatt
The colours you've got are remarkably close to the current AusCam desert colours, including the purple. As a matter of fact I was joking not that long ago with a mate who was about to deploy overseas that his desert issue cams actually had purple bunny rabbits patterns on them.
Do a google search for images of Aussie troops in Afghanistan and you should see what I mean.

Cheers
Dean
I quite like the purple myself... We should have a nice number of Favs by next Vintage day Dean,,, Have two more for friends in the pipeworks and a weird one coming from me.. similar to your white Castrol..
Old 09-21-2011, 03:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rubedude
When am I going to see this one at the track Andrew I was dissapointed you didnt bring it assembled last Sunday!!
Getting there (eventually)
Old 09-21-2011, 03:41 AM
Tech Elite

The extra LED lights arrived today so it is all go
Old 09-21-2011, 03:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Andrew Barr

The extra LED lights arrived today so it is all go
Im starting a new FAV Paint job tomorrow night.. Sandscorcher is coming along well... You Really need another FAV ..I need more bodies to assist my incurable desire to paint ABS bodies of late lmao
Old 09-21-2011, 03:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I quite like the purple myself... We should have a nice number of Favs by next Vintage day Dean,,, Have two more for friends in the pipeworks and a weird one coming from me.. similar to your white Castrol..
I still don't have a re-re, but the rest of mine will be there. I'll be fascinated to see what you've come up with. The castrol one is way overdue for another resto, so we'll see turns up
Old 09-21-2011, 03:53 AM
Tech Elite

I still don't have a re-re, but the rest of mine will be there. I'll be fascinated to see what you've come up with. The castrol one is way overdue for another resto, so we'll see turns up
Its along the same lines in terms of a recreational /competition scheme to the FAV but thats where the comparisons stop.. I am keeping it hush hush as I plan to even knock JAKS socks off..
Old 09-21-2011, 04:13 AM
Tech Elite

Im starting a new FAV Paint job tomorrow night.. Sandscorcher is coming along well... You Really need another FAV ..I need more bodies to assist my incurable desire to paint ABS bodies of late lmao
Sand Scorcher body is on its way
Old 09-21-2011, 04:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Cheers
Dean
I see what you mean. The driver wasn't too bad. It was the 3rd colour (not pictured) I put on the chassis that looked pretty ordinary. Oh well, I like painting and I need the practice. She's sanded back ready for more paint now.....
Old 09-21-2011, 05:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

thanks for the compliment Rube!!! looking good so far Sith!!!!!
Old 09-21-2011, 06:04 PM
Tech Regular

well here it is my fast attack vehicle painted in three tone ww2 german camo. the driver i painted in ww2 german "oak leaf" pattern, hope you all like it.

Old 09-21-2011, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Neat Job mate, love the oakleaf German Cam on the driver..if only they had these in WWII ay! I love that pattern I have several WWII Tamiya 1/16th figures in simillar cam... Good job mate really good job!

Originally Posted by Punisher72
well here it is my fast attack vehicle painted in three tone ww2 german camo. the driver i painted in ww2 german "oak leaf" pattern, hope you all like it.

Old 09-21-2011, 07:36 PM
Tech Regular

Neat Job mate, love the oakleaf German Cam on the driver..if only they had these in WWII ay! I love that pattern I have several WWII Tamiya 1/16th figures in simillar cam... Good job mate really good job!
Thanks Rube!!...........thats one of my favorite camo patterns. cool, I probably have some of those same 1/16th tamiya figures. I've got a bunch of 1/35th ones, but I'm not too good at painting faces on figures. thanks for the compliments!! I was going to try the ww2 german ambush pattern, but every time I try and do it I always screw it up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.