Wiki Posts
Search

NSW Off Road

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2002, 06:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by fastolfart
The Castle Hill Pro-Am is on the 28th of July.
The reasons that you were not told ???
you're not a member of any club too tell you,
That Auto Saloon is on in Mexico the same week end, which I was sure that you were going too attend.
Please note, too enter at these events, ROORDA have taken a tough line on the driver being a member of a ROORDA affilliated club, and all clubs now have a members listing with ROORDA.
Times are tough in the NSW off road electric clubs, and before any one wants to post critical remarks on how every thing should be run, they should put there hands up too run the clubs. It's all ways easy to brag about how it should be done, but why don't you get in and do it yourselves, and show how your ideas should work. The way things are at the moment, the people who run the clubs and the race meetings need the support and assistance from the more experienced racers who attend these meetings.
im the secretary of a roorda affiliated club (guess which one! )

and im not making critical remarks, i think jenni and noel do a grand job

just have a look for a link to the roorda information web page... infromation is hard to find thats all im saying + i made a mistake i thought it was the mixed motor day not CH

there should be a few illawarra guys there but i know a few are going to oran park instead?
Old 07-23-2002, 06:55 PM
TJ
Tech Champion

Coxy your not going to race off road are you?????

Are you coming to CMC tonight as well to practise?
Old 07-23-2002, 07:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

i think he wants to debut the super hornets in official competition, there have been many hours of testing, and he wants to prove his worth

if he can chew his arm off to get away from his wife, he might make it
Old 07-23-2002, 08:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Besercoe
i think he wants to debut the super hornets in official competition, there have been many hours of testing, and he wants to prove his worth

if he can chew his arm off to get away from his wife, he might make it
Wife wife WIFE!!!!!!! Why would I want one of them. I don't want to give up my sex life!!!!!

Yes the Super Doper Hornet is coming this weekend in Mod and in Prototype stage. Would laugh soooo hard if I actually beat someone.

Besercoe you better keep checking your wheel nuts all weekend LOLLOLLOLLOL.

Coxy
Old 07-24-2002, 12:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Castle Hill practice

Hi all,

Does anyone know if the Castle Hill track will be open on Saturday arvo for practice and will the correct track layout be used?

I've got a lot of catching up to do!

Cheers,
Scotty P
Old 07-24-2002, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Scotty, The track will be open on Saturday as I will be testing our new transponder, computer system from 12:30 onwards.
We will be simulating a race meeting to make sure there arn't any bugs to iron out on race day, so you can even get some lap times.
Any one who wishes to practice is welcome, but be prepared if I decide to run some short (2 min) heats through.
Old 07-25-2002, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

The entries are still rolling in, except for 4wd Mod (0) and 4wd seniors(2). Stock 2wd class I will expect to have 3 heats by Sunday mourning (2 full heats now) all other classes have good numbers.
Will update this Sat mourning
Old 07-28-2002, 06:09 AM
Tech Elite

The race meeting is over, thanks to all the racers for turning up and supporting what has been the biggest inter-club meeting on the NSW calander. special thanks to the club members on the day for the work they carried out without any problems.
I have been told that most drivers are happy with the way the meeting ran and track conditions held up with the old surface (considering our new surface had been delivered the day before and not been layed), running our new AMBrc transponder system and Alycat software with out a hitch except for a printer failure very early in the day.
Talking about printers, thanks to Michael H for going shopping and buying a new printer so the meeting would continue without to much hassle.
Congradulations to all the club members who helped out in the preperations for the meeting and of NSW and ACT drivers for some very good driving during the day, and some very entertaining racing, eg Ari with the massive WHEEL STANDS down the straight in both 2wd mod and Truck (gotta get him some wheelie bars), The POMMY MONG for puting up with the crap that we hung on him al day, To John U, who wanted to race 540, but after some sturn talking to (you aint running a novice class any more) finished 4th in Stock 2wd.
What about castle Hills own club members who filled most of the final positions in just about all finals, and those such as Franz and Mathew Pichler who went on to win the finals in Stock and seniors 2wd.
Guys and Girls involved, it was a great race meeting as an organiser too see the racers out there, and it was great to see the racers turn up in mass (70 odd entries) and support the off road scene that has been in the doldrums for the last 12 months in NSW
If I have have missed anyone who deserves a thank you, sorry but I will make it in the near future.
All The Best For Off Road (the talent lies here)
Peter Ellis
CHRCORCC
Old 07-28-2002, 03:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Euro Champs

The 2nd most important Off Road meeting on the weekend (after Castle Hill was the Euros. Results are in and it was a mixed bag.

See www.petitrc.com (a Franch site, and no, I'm not related!)

Highlights are:

Neil Cragg won 2WD mod with a 'B3X' with Losi cars in 2ND and 3RD.

4WD was won by Chris Doughty with a XX4, another XX4 in 2ND and Dresher in 3RD with a Durango. Dresher also TQ'ed with this interesting car.

Steenari was off form for most of the weekend it seems and failed to make the final in 2WD. He was running a XXX4 in 4WD but was mainly down the back of the 'A'.

There's also some good shots of the XXX4 on the site. Looks like it might be close to production.

Cheers,
Scotty P
Old 07-29-2002, 04:02 AM
TJ
Tech Champion

I think alot of the success of the event came to down alot of hard work by one person in the Castle Hill club, Peter Ellis stand up and take a bow. Congrates to all on a job well done, I'm sorry that I couldn't make it, I was tired up in Victoria. Hope that the club can run an other event this year.
Old 07-29-2002, 05:04 PM
Tech Champion

I agree, behind all of those scalding looks, and outbursts of verbal diarohre(SP?), he is a hard working pillar of castle hill, i cant list the number of other meetings he has missed as he had to run a clubbie, come on the other regulars pitch in so you can keep your club, and give the old fart a break every now and then
Old 07-29-2002, 05:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

If CH is running anymore meets, make sure you let us know. Coxy and I have gotta get some track time with the feared super hornets before the state titles.
Beware of broken parts a flying.

To date in private testing out of seven cars we have only broken 2 wheels, 5 springs, 1 bumper, 10 aerial tubes and burnt out 3 mechanical speed controllers. So we'll have the reliability by the titles.
Old 07-29-2002, 05:18 PM
Tech Champion

scotty but from all those damages, how much relates from racing and how much relates to dog attacks?

And why arent you working?
Old 07-29-2002, 05:27 PM
Tech Master

Scott is in training to be one of us hard working soles.

Also about the Hornets. Beware..... Tamiya took out the worlds on road and we are going to continue the motion on Off Road State titles. Also we are going to change our last names to something that you can't pronounce.

Coxy