Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Castle Hill RC Onroad >

Castle Hill RC Onroad

Like Tree19Likes

Castle Hill RC Onroad

Old 10-17-2002, 09:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by fastolfart
I wounder if I will get a start in Sheltered Workshop team this year???
(they found out I don't cut the rags to tolerances. maybe I made the grade in basket weaving!)
I understand the Sheltered Workshop team is full, but you could get a start in the Unsheltered Workshop team, but if it rains you'll get wet - first and second grade basket weaving are both also full. The 1950 Teather Car champions team is looking for help, someone to keep the handles of their braille radios clean, you could talk to them.....
Old 10-19-2002, 09:18 PM
Tech Master

Also after we have the top 8 for the A's a fastest flying lap would be good to see. Like the top 10 shootout for the V8's.
Great idea Coxy, I'm all for it.

Can somebody explain what the rules, classes, etc, are for the event. Particularly the novice part that Coxy mentioned.
Old 10-19-2002, 09:23 PM
Tech Master

And to make the fastest flying lap more interesting. How about making the drivers use the motor from their flying lap in their first run???
Old 10-20-2002, 04:29 PM
Tech Master

Default the big race

This would have to be the best way to cap off the year with this highlight race meet and a good relaxed race meet. Driving for pace and run time like you never have before. Normally the rules goes like this. 2 hour race with four drivers in a team. 1 mod 1 stock 1 540 and 1 novice, only one pan car allowed with either a 540 or stock. Only two packs are allowed for each driver in the race. Each driver has his own car so you don’t have to race the one car for the two hours. Although this would be a great thing to think about in time to come. I have heard that this year the team makeup will be a bit different. But TJ will have to comment on this. We can only make suggestions.

Anybody who wants a great day racing and a lot of racing then this is the day. Think about how much track time you get. Also we have had a race meet in the morning before the Endurance race with 8 min finals. But again Trevor will have to confirm this.

Coxy
Old 10-20-2002, 11:32 PM
Tech Adept

i have to agree coxy. i was in the team that won the endurance race last year and it was one of the most awsome race meetings i have been to its so differnt theres nuthing elses like it. also just racing all day gets you pumped. and all morning your team and yoursefl r thinking of differnt stratergies to win it awsome and i would definetly recomend it...
Old 10-21-2002, 01:28 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by C4.1
i have to agree coxy. i was in the team that won the endurance race last year and it was one of the most awsome race meetings i have been to its so differnt theres nuthing elses like it. also just racing all day gets you pumped. and all morning your team and yoursefl r thinking of differnt stratergies to win it awsome and i would definetly recomend it...
hey what's ur name C4.1?

the winning team was our all corally team, me, the bakla's and our novice driver??? were you our novice driver (the only non corally)?

Old 10-21-2002, 02:08 AM
Tech Adept

yep i was your novice driver matt.
Old 10-21-2002, 02:09 AM
Tech Adept

and yeah i run a corrally C4.1 now
Old 10-21-2002, 02:15 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by C4.1
and yeah i run a corrally C4.1 now
well done! great to see that u now drive a Corally!

now we could have an all Corally Team! woo hoo! then we can dominate the "Thanks for Coming" team again!
Old 10-21-2002, 02:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It wasn't my fault that our novice decided to get of the stand after 5minutes into the race which ment that the rest of the team had to try to make 20 minutes each

well see what happens this year
Old 10-21-2002, 02:28 AM
Tech Adept

well done! great to see that u now drive a Corally!

well yeah its the best car ive had so far but the only problem we will have is that i cant be on your team this year becasue iam not a novice anymore lol. and iam sure you will prob choose someone else over me in the stock class.
Old 10-21-2002, 02:33 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by zarbie
It wasn't my fault that our novice decided to get of the stand after 5minutes into the race which ment that the rest of the team had to try to make 20 minutes each

well see what happens this year
let's put it down to poor team management LOL!

is ZARBIE, Jake or Ray... i guess it's Jake!

well done on your effort yesterday at the Masters!
Old 10-21-2002, 05:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by black-knight
is ZARBIE, Jake or Ray... i guess it's Jake!
Have been wondering that myself....
Old 10-21-2002, 02:27 PM
TJ
Tech Champion

Thumbs up 2002 Hills Christmas Enduro

We might have some changes this year. With the progress of 3000 batteries and the difficulty to find novice drivers that want to race in an event like this, leaves me a change in formate. i was thinking this year we should keep four drivers in a team but novice driver as such. Just to have 1 540, 1 stock and 1 mod the fourth could be any of the above it is up to the team. Still two battery packs each but may limit 540 up to 2400 and the rest 3000. Time is a problem last year it was 2 hours maybe stretch to 3 hours and see how it goes. Will not have the pre race event but have a qual round plus Bathurst still one lap hot lap for grids for the final. What do you think have to get something out before the Nats so what do you think?
Old 10-21-2002, 03:59 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: 2002 Hills Christmas Enduro

I will work on something today. The pre race meet is a good thing not to have as it drags out the day.

Coxy.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.