Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree19Likes

Castle Hill RC Onroad

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 10:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I also have a few things for sale, posted here for our club members first before posting elsewhere.

Serpent F110 formula one car. Competitive chassis, comes with original box, printed manual, a heap of spares, rare alloy "M" front bulk head as well as a new uncut and unpainted body.

Ready to race includes Turnigy Nanotech A Spec 4200mah shorty pack, low profile servo (I forget the brand), Speed Passion Reventon esc with programming card and Fantom Apex 21.5 motor. All you need to do is add your own rx and you're ready to go. Asking $250.00 as RTR or $150.00 as a roller (with the spares, manual and body)

Also for sale. Serpent S411 tc roller. The S411 is a robust chassis and would be ideal for someone starting out in our hobby. This chassis can be upgraded to the current spec car and comes with printed manual and a stack of spares. Asking $125.00

Please PM me if interested.

Tony
Old 01-25-2015, 11:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I think I am out for Lemans for Friday. Just too much going on this week to get another car ready
Old 01-30-2015, 05:43 PM
TJ
Tech Champion

Great night last night the kids playing on the field . The racing was close and the mods to the track seem to work great. Didn't hear any complaints which is a bonus. We got back into doing spot checks on cars motors and electronics which was well received, will continue this. Good numbers as well. Big thanks to the kids that helped packed up, you didn't have to but it was well received. Back to the start of the month next week the week after will be mini so start getting ready.

Trev
Old 01-30-2015, 06:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Another great night of racing had a blast racing Stock and Lemans, hopefully next time I'll get to race my Xray X1with a more durable steering servo......
Old 01-30-2015, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xrayracer1
Another great night of racing had a blast racing Stock and Lemans, hopefully next time I'll get to race my Xray X1with a more durable steering servo......
Your Lemans car looked like it was all but dialed in last night, with a bit of tweaking you'll be on pace with that car. Loved the paint job, but those lines across that body must have been a pain to paint.

A servo that I can recommend is a Power HD, for their price they give good performance and are very robust, more so than the Savox servo's I have been using.

And the music playing while the racing is going on, I loved it as it gave some fun atmosphere last night, felt like I was back at the "Disco Ten pin Bowling" that I used to enjoy a lot before I injured my back. All we need now is a dico ball, and some coloured lights.

Big thanks to Ray for getting some awesome footage of the racing with his drone cam (I wish I had your piloting skills Ray), and to Beth for also getting some racing action on camera.

Rob.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:56 PM
Tech Master

Another good night of racing, Yep I think the small track change helped

Here are the footage from some of the A final's

21.5 A final

http://youtu.be/2byUBJOzGJw

and F1 A Final, thanks to Dean for filming

http://youtu.be/W6iqiOffX9I

Beth.
Old 01-30-2015, 11:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ta04evah
Your Lemans car looked like it was all but dialed in last night, with a bit of tweaking you'll be on pace with that car. Loved the paint job, but those lines across that body must have been a pain to paint.

A servo that I can recommend is a Power HD, for their price they give good performance and are very robust, more so than the Savox servo's I have been using.

And the music playing while the racing is going on, I loved it as it gave some fun atmosphere last night, felt like I was back at the "Disco Ten pin Bowling" that I used to enjoy a lot before I injured my back. All we need now is a dico ball, and some coloured lights.

Big thanks to Ray for getting some awesome footage of the racing with his drone cam (I wish I had your piloting skills Ray), and to Beth for also getting some racing action on camera.

Rob.
Yeah i think i should have adjusted the preload collar on the shock. That Porsche body created so much downforce that every now and then on the sweeper you could see sparks coming from under the chassis which i think hampered its handling.

Im glad you liked the Newman racing livery. The only hard part of painting the body is that i had no instructions and i had to go off pictures off the real car from the internet. The masking was easy but time consuming as i used Parma Fasmask.

Last edited by xrayracer1; 01-31-2015 at 12:51 AM.
Old 01-31-2015, 12:27 AM
TJ
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ta04evah

Rob.
Thank goodness that Noel is away on holidays for 4 weeks. You might of had your wish.
Old 02-03-2015, 02:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Hello everyone.....

Just a brief note to let you all know that Greg Cribbin will be out of action for a few weeks.
He's having an operation on his wrist this Friday so no r/c for a while for him
Old 02-03-2015, 04:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Jim, please wish Greg all the best for me, I hope the operation is successful and he's back racing soon.
Sad to hear that you've retired from racing (or now), hopefully we'll get to see your smiling face back at the Hill some time soon.

Tony
Old 02-03-2015, 11:53 PM
TJ
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Brokin Racing
Hello everyone.....

Just a brief note to let you all know that Greg Cribbin will be out of action for a few weeks.
He's having an operation on his wrist this Friday so no r/c for a while for him
He told me about two weeks ago that he was thinking about. Asked me what was the recovery time seeing I have had the op twice. Didn't think he was going in so soon. Give him our best wishes and a speedy recovery.

Hope to see around Jim even if its just for a visit.
Old 02-04-2015, 12:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AUSCAN
Jim, please wish Greg all the best for me, I hope the operation is successful and he's back racing soon.
Sad to hear that you've retired from racing (or now), hopefully we'll get to see your smiling face back at the Hill some time soon.

Tony
Originally Posted by TJ
He told me about two weeks ago that he was thinking about. Asked me what was the recovery time seeing I have had the op twice. Didn't think he was going in so soon. Give him our best wishes and a speedy recovery.

Hope to see around Jim even if its just for a visit.
Shall certainly pass on your best wishes & I will certainly be around for a visit or two (or more)

Here's one of the things keeping me busy..... Early Jan, 9 days straight, 10hrs p/day in average 35deg heat, madness.... but well worth it in the long run
Attached Thumbnails Castle Hill RC Onroad-jims-samsung-3-037.jpg   Castle Hill RC Onroad-jims-samsung-3-036.jpg  
Old 02-05-2015, 02:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Whats on?

Is it just a regular night tmrw,no extras,im out of sinc with whats on,when?
Old 02-05-2015, 02:40 AM
Tech Master

Just a regular week is what i thought Trev said. Mini next week..
Old 02-05-2015, 01:49 PM
TJ
Tech Champion

Beth is right, this week is the first Friday of the month so no extra classes. next week we have mini.

I will be down at the track early today as I have half day off hope to be at the track about 2pm.

YES its Friday!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by TJ; 02-05-2015 at 05:03 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.