Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Newbie from Texas

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 04:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Newbie from Texas

Hello everyone! I'm Ray from Texas, new to this forum. I am here because I love Australian V8 Supercar racing. Record every race and hope to get down to one before I go. Bathurst is on my bucket list.

I own a 2009 Pontiac G8GT, which is the Holden Commodore exported by GM to the US. I love my car (your car!). So do most everyone that see it. I tell them it is from Australia and they are so facinated. Ya'll show the rest of the world how a car should be produced...my hat is off to you. 6.0 L76, with Vararam intake, Vector Tune, American Racing 1-7/8 inch long-tube headers. 12.93 1/4 mile personal best so far. I'm about to install the ZR-1 Corvette LS-9 cam and D1SC Procharger supercharger...as soon as I can get the Holden three guage center console piece to hold the AF, boost, and FP guages to keep an eye on things.

Thanks for having me!
Old 07-14-2011, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
Hello everyone! I'm Ray from Texas, new to this forum. I am here because I love Australian V8 Supercar racing. Record every race and hope to get down to one before I go.
Interesting.... seems they have you very much in mind..... just have to wait for 2013, and the V8s will come to you!

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/newsar...6/default.aspx

Welcome aboard!

Alex
Old 07-15-2011, 01:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

well its your motor that powers our beasts, ive got 2 one is an older commodore which has alot of work done , stroker crank , massive heads , twin throttle body , vortech V7 blower ,intercooler and all the rest to go with it , and my new baby is a 2010 VE ute (same motor as yours, well 6.0lt L98) with a very large cam , head work , custom headers , twin 3 inch system , over the radiator carbon air intake , custom tune and some other bits and pieces ,

you should look at going a bit bigger cam than the corvette cam , its sounds awsome just like a V8 supercar

chad
Old 07-15-2011, 06:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Those are MASSIVE modifications! What kind of power are they putting down?
Old 07-15-2011, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

on the ute its a nice 580hp at the flywheel ,perfect for a street car

my mate has the same but its twin turbo and twin 3.5 inch exhaust , it only runs 12lbs boost and makes 900hp and its a street car , dialy driver