Wiki Posts
Search

TITC 2012

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 06:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wylie27
Need to convince the minister for finance and home affairs to approve travel for TITC.

Anyone got any ideas on that?
Best chances are, to go for 2 weeks, 1 week of RC, and 1 week holiday with Family.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wylie27
Need to convince the minister for finance and home affairs to approve travel for TITC.

Anyone got any ideas on that?
As Bradd said ..... two weeks holiday ... one week looking around and then the week racing. During the week racing the missus can spend her time looking around the large shopping centres etc. Where we normally stay is a 10 minute skytrain trip the MBK shopping centre
Old 08-08-2011, 07:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I'm doing basically that, first week racing - the missus didn't fancy a week by herself in BKK - then fly to Phuket to spend some time on a beach with the wife. Obviously I'm footing the whole bill
Old 08-15-2011, 06:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

TITC 2012 - done deal for me

Going to do three this year maybe (Mod, FWD, F1) although excess baggage could be the issue here as well... maybe argue the toss on the chinese side (worked last year ), and then ship it back from Thailand.

Oh, and as a slight issue... 26th Feb is the most special day of the year, especially as this time in involves the numbers 3 and 0....

Ed

p.s. What are these finance minsters everyone is talking about? Don't have or need one of them for this trip...
Old 08-15-2011, 07:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
TITC 2012 - done deal for me

Going to do three this year maybe (Mod, FWD, F1) although excess baggage could be the issue here as well... maybe argue the toss on the chinese side (worked last year ), and then ship it back from Thailand.

Oh, and as a slight issue... 26th Feb is the most special day of the year, especially as this time in involves the numbers 3 and 0....

Ed

p.s. What are these finance minsters everyone is talking about? Don't have or need one of them for this trip...
There is restricted entry's this year you can only race 2 classes
Old 08-16-2011, 12:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by =FLIP=
There is restricted entry's this year you can only race 2 classes
Yeah, Greg's pointed that out... Mod and FWD it is then but the racing is only part the fun
Old 08-29-2011, 05:44 AM
Tech Champion

For those who are defnitely attending TITC and are leaving from Sydney there are a number of good airfares available at the moment on the Emirates website. These fares are around $880 which is usually about the best price you can get for this quality airline.

I suggest doing a search based around different dates either side of the event as there are different prices depending on what day you leave and return

The website is www.emirates.com

For those fans of QANTAS, there seems to be a major change happening with them where a lot of the return flights from Bangkok are directed through Singapore which adds about another 3 hours to the flight . Not good

Last edited by cannon; 08-29-2011 at 06:15 AM.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cannon
For those who are defnitely attending TITC and are leaving from Sydney there are a number of good airfares available at the moment on the Emirates website. These fares are around $880 which is usually about the best price you can get for this quality airline.

I suggest doing a search based around different dates either side of the event as there are different prices depending on what day you leave and return

The website is www.emirates.com

For those fans of QANTAS, there seems to be a major change happening with them where a lot of the return flights from Bangkok are directed through Singapore which adds about another 3 hours to the flight . Not good
Not to mention that emirates have 30kg baggage over QANTAS's 23kg
I scraped the return trip home by 500gms and i still gave my mate 12+kgs of rc gear to haul
Old 09-06-2011, 08:36 PM
Tech Champion

THe TITC website has been updated and is now getting close to having the Paypal system functioning. From what I saw you determine what classes you want to run and then go to Paypal and pay the money.

Then you go back to the entry section for each class and put all your details in including the Paypal transaction number.

The only problem so far is that the site is not completely finished and you do not know the price for all classes and also not all classes have the entry section working yet ... but getting closer
Old 09-18-2011, 05:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I see the website is getting more and more infomation. Still don't seem to be able to enter though. For both the Mini class and the Open brushless class is it handout motor/esc or how does that work? Just need to confirm someone I know is going to show me the way around and I won't have anymore excuses not to go.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:15 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by WildManDriving
I see the website is getting more and more infomation. Still don't seem to be able to enter though. For both the Mini class and the Open brushless class is it handout motor/esc or how does that work? Just need to confirm someone I know is going to show me the way around and I won't have anymore excuses not to go.

Yes the website is not finished yet

Normally they are both handout motors with Mini having a control ESC and the open brushless having any ESC you want
Old 09-19-2011, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cannon
Yes the website is not finished yet

Normally they are both handout motors with Mini having a control ESC and the open brushless having any ESC you want
Do we have any clues of what turn those motors are going to be?
Old 09-19-2011, 07:38 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by WildManDriving
Do we have any clues of what turn those motors are going to be?
The open class is always a 11.5 motor

The Mini class is supposed to be the older SP Ultra Sportsman V2 17.5 motor with a maximum of 24t pinion with the 3 Racing speed gears

I have just spoken to the organiser via email and he said that he will update the site shortly and will start taking entries. Originally he wanted to wait until November to take entries but I have told him that is too late
Old 09-20-2011, 11:07 PM
Tech Champion

It has been announced that registration for TITC 2012 will start from 1st October
Old 09-24-2011, 01:48 AM
Tech Champion

The TITC website is slowly being updated.

They have confirmed that the Mini class will use the Ride Inch Up tyres and rims.

The FWD class is confirmed as using the Ride RE36 tyre and each racer will again be supplied with an ESC & motor as part of their entry fee. As previously the system will be the Hobbywing Justock ESC and 13.5 motor

More details shortly I would think.

I was also talking to Ronald Volker today and he said that more of the Europeans wil be coming in 2012 because the Euro Indoors are not on that weekend so this event should be like a World title with the absolute best turning up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.