Airgun spray help.

Old 05-16-2011, 09:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Airgun spray help.

Hey guys,

i got my new shell and some Faskolor blue. The gun i'm using is the one you get from the warhammer kit.

See i have a small problem, i cant for the life of me get the paint to come out. The air flows fine how ever no matter what i do the paint doesnt come out. I even cleaned the nozzle and so forth.

any help would be great.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pokiou
Hey guys,

i got my new shell and some Faskolor blue. The gun i'm using is the one you get from the warhammer kit.

See i have a small problem, i cant for the life of me get the paint to come out. The air flows fine how ever no matter what i do the paint doesnt come out. I even cleaned the nozzle and so forth.

any help would be great.
Is it a gravity feed gun or bottle feed?

The first one i had was a cheap ass bottle fed one. Couldnt get paint to spray at all. On closer inspection, it turned out the tube that goes into the bottle was touching the bottom. I cut about 1.5-2 mill off the tube and it sprayed fine.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I too purchased a cheap ass air brush thinking it was great. Go to www.signaturerc.com and drop them a line as they sell good quality airbrushes easy to use and they actually reply to your emails.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks Schrammy, and yes..we do reply to our emails

I dont know what type of airbrush you are using and what pressure you are spraying at. There are many factors to look at with these fine little pieces if work and they are very much a precision tool.

Is it gravity fed or a suction feed type airbrush?
What air pressure are you using?....I know Faskolor can at times be painful to use as it is gluggy and thick which requires a coarse needle setup combined with a higher air pressure for spraying. Although the paint can be thinned out and unless you are a seasoned user of that brand, could run into problems.

However..you can always drop me an email at anytime and ill do my best to troubleshoot your problem more thoroughly

[email protected]
Old 05-18-2011, 10:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi Corban,

The kit i use is the one that comes with the WARHAMMER kit:

im using the Faskolor Metallic bllue with 3:1 ratio of paint thinner. So for 3 part paint 1 part thinner.

As for pressurei have NO idea how much the can pumps out but i ts a 280g can with 400ml of air? if that helps.

thanks.

Sorry, i'll also just add that i have one of these kits:

Old 05-19-2011, 01:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pokiou
Hi Corban,

The kit i use is the one that comes with the WARHAMMER kit:

im using the Faskolor Metallic bllue with 3:1 ratio of paint thinner. So for 3 part paint 1 part thinner.

As for pressurei have NO idea how much the can pumps out but i ts a 280g can with 400ml of air? if that helps.

thanks.

Sorry, i'll also just add that i have one of these kits:

Why don't you give your local games workshop a call? The staff there are usually very friendly.