Tech Champion

Originally posted by Besercoe
[email protected]

and am i ever up to evil, it is for some of the Autosalon girls. LOL
done...you have mail!
Old 05-07-2002, 05:06 AM
AC
Tech Regular

I only finished 4th in the stock B final if it wasnt for SOMEONE who hacked me on the FIRST corner i might of had a chance.... i started off in the A, but then after being HACKED went back into the B's... I was beating Dimitri at one stage.... damn.... he had the advantage of foams....
Old 05-07-2002, 05:09 AM
TJ
Tech Champion

Cool Results

Hi Guys, Glad that you have enjoyed the meeting. Melbourne should be just as good. Great people, great venue, great racing and great women - what more can you ask for. Looks like there are a few going down to melbourne so it should be a great meeting.
Here are top three in each class:

540 lites 1 Farhaad Fatakia 540 v8 SC 1 Brad Vercoe
2 Daniel Nielsen 2 Michael Hudson
3 James Pullan 3 Plucka

Stock 1 Nick Morris Mod 1 Darren Campbell
2 Mark Wallin 2 Brett Drayton
3 Demetri Stamatis 3 Tim Liu

Mini 1 David Craft Autosalon GT 1 Mark Wallin
2 Walter Ly 2 David Chen
3 Joseph Zaragoza 3 Walter Ly

NItro 1 Darren Campbell
2 Tim Liu
3 Snowy

If you are after any more finals positions just go to www.castlehillraceway.com and check out the results page
Old 05-07-2002, 05:09 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by AC
I only finished 4th in the stock B final if it wasnt for SOMEONE who hacked me on the FIRST corner i might of had a chance.... i started off in the A, but then after being HACKED went back into the B's... I was beating Dimitri at one stage.... damn.... he had the advantage of foams....
well there's always next time, are you racing at DSI this weekend?
Old 05-07-2002, 05:13 AM
Tech Champion

540 v8 SC 1 Brad Vercoe - what an effort from the big fella...congrats
Old 05-07-2002, 05:17 AM
AC
Tech Regular

Nar im not.....
Old 05-07-2002, 07:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Melbourne Round

Any info or contacts for the Melbourne event as yet?

Is Nitro going to be run in Melbourne?

I know a few guys who may be interested.

thanks

DC
Old 05-07-2002, 07:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Thanks from the Cabin Group!

On behalf of the Cabin Group P/L, who are the organisers of the Auto Salon events around Australia and in NZ, we would like to congratulate the R/C enthusiasts who participated in the first Auto Salon Australia Indoor R/C Championship event.

We are proud to have assisted the R/C community in placing their hobby in a new public light, thereby exposing it to thousands of potential new hobbyists.

I would also like to thank Matt Leeming and Trevor Johnston for doing such a magnificent job over the weekend, as I'm sure you'll all agree.

The Cabin Group was extremely satisfied with the results of the weekend and are pushing forward with plans for Melbourne, Brisbane and Final Battle (Sydney) events with lots of enthusiasm.

It was wonderful to have the traders involved with the first event, and it was the efforts of Wings'n'Things, Vaggs Hobbies, Radio Models, Central Coast Model supplies and KTC Models that made putting on this event possible.

To continue this success we will need the support of the hobby shops, distributors and competitors in each state, and after such a great weekend for everybody we're sure this will happen.

As an aside, Anthony Gattellaro has been quoted within this forum as having made some dispariging remarks about our event. This flies in the face of his written correspondance to me offering AARCMCC's full support. I look forward to talking with him myself about this in the near future as I plan to attend one of his events at Moorebank sometime soon.

Again, thanks everyone, and let's hope we can continue the relationship between R/C and Auto Salons into the future.
Old 05-07-2002, 10:30 PM

Hey guys. We've all said how good it was and how well Matt did in organising it but there was someone we all forgot about...

[cabin]

They were really the one's who took the chance on us and paid for the hall and other items as well (there were a number of people and distributors who also put in as well).

So this is from all the Hobby shops at the event including Vaggs, Wing n Things, Central coast models, all the distributors including Hobby Express, Custom model Cars, Hidden Development, the organiser Matt Leeming and XXX Industries and last of all, all the RC community that attended.....

Thanks for letting us do our thing and show the rest of Australia that there is more to this hobby then what is currently known.

Now lastly, Damon can you please make certain that the Show girl that is in most of the photos on this site (she was also a cabin girl doing some interviewing) is at Melbourne, Brisbane and Final Battle because you will get many people attending from NSW just because she is there.

Thanks guys and keep up the good racing.

Garry - TeamHD
Old 05-08-2002, 12:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

I also would like to thank Matt, on behalf of my fellow colleges at Vaggs Hobbies, for putting on a great event.
All of us at Vaggs can't wait for the 'Final Battle'.

Alex - RC Car Racer / Vaggs Hobbies
Old 05-08-2002, 01:03 AM
Tech Rookie

Default STEAMING MATT LEEMING

They all said he was fantastic!!!!

but they're all also compulsive liars :P
Old 05-08-2002, 01:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

[cabin], are you the guy with Matt, Brett and me were talking to at about 11pm on Sunday, after we packed the truck?
Just trying to put a face to the username.
Old 05-08-2002, 02:50 AM
AC
Tech Regular

Mat u lucky bastard....
Old 05-08-2002, 03:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i wonder if there is a 'girl show' where there is an odd scattering of cars to make it interesting?

or have i missed something already? oh i get it now thats the salon bit!

there is no doubt about it matt - buy a lottery ticket - you just cant loose!
Old 05-08-2002, 03:09 AM
Tech Elite

glad to hear it was such a big success. from the sound of it anyone could participate?? i thought the nitro class was invite only?

how can us sydney guys go about entering for the final battle in sydney for nitro?

was Don down there?

whatever brings in the newbies is fine with me moorebank is getting kind of borring seeing the same old faces ..... joke man!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.