Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Coast Challenge Update

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 02:37 AM
Tech Adept

Default Gold Coast Challenge Update

The Gold Coast Model Racway inc. formally the Murwillumbah Remote Control Car Club will be holding a two day event on the 16-17 of October 2004.

Our event will host the Electric Classes on Saturday 16 October for 540, Stock and Modified classes.
Start time 3pm (day/night meet).

1/8th, Pro Touring (rear exhaust), Nitro Touring (side Exhaust) classes will run from 9am Sunday.

[B]THIS EVENT IS BEING STAGED AT THE MUDGEERABA DISTRICT SPORTING ASSOSIATION AS WE HAVE A GOOD CHANCE OF GETTING LAND FOR A PERMANENT TRACK AT THIS VENUE.

WE NEED YOUR PARTICIPATION TO SHOW COUNCIL HOW STRONG R/C RACING IS ON THE GOLD COAST. SO COME AND RACE AND WE MAY SEE A PERMANANT TRACK ON THE COAST SOON. IT'S UP TO YOU.

Facilities

240 power outlets will be available from the drivers stand, you will need to bring your own extension lead.
Toilets with in 20 Meters
Canteen 60 meters away
An area 60 mtrs in length will be available along side the track to set up your pit areas.

Practice
Track will be set up Friday night
Practice Saturday 7am till 2.30pm
Practice Sunday 7am or till 9.30am

This is a pre entry event so racing will start on time.

ENTRY FORM ATTACHED
Attached Files
Old 09-02-2004, 03:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Is it a temporary track that will just get set up on Friday?

What is the surface?
Old 09-02-2004, 04:13 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Bender

Yes it is a temporay track, which is the same layout that we race at Murwillumbah

If you down load the entry form you will see the track layout

Track is formed by 50mm PVC pipe which is very easy on the cars
if you get of line

The track width ranges from a minimum of 3mtrs to a max of 6mtrs on the main straight

Surface is a smooth ashphalt which will have VHT track bit applied to all corners for great traction

The track has been discribed in RacingLines as the best non permanent track on the east coast and as having the best set of infield corners also. Total track length 290 mtrs for GP car and approximatly 240 for EP cars.

Join us on one of our race days to try the circuit out, dates listed below.

Hope to see you in October or sooner
Old 09-02-2004, 07:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

What is the format for the Nitro day?

Christmas tree or direct qualify. Also, how long is the main final? Sounded good that we will have a permanent track on GC again!

Thanks!
Old 09-02-2004, 07:59 PM
Tech Adept

At our last event we ran 4, 5 min qualifiers (2 then regrade, 2 then regrade prior to final)
Final is set to be 30 mins for A final, 15 mins for B final, 5 for all other finals.

Subject to change, pending on number of race entries for each class and time constraints.

The track layout is well suited to 1/8th with 6 mtr wide 60mtr long main straigth and minimum of three meter wide on some corners.

Tell as many people as possible, as this event will be a show case to the council, showing them the extent of R/C activity on the coast. With out the support of the R/C community we will have a had time convincing the council to give us some land.

SO SEND IN YOUR ENTRYS SOON!
Old 09-02-2004, 08:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Sounds great, but I can't see an address where you're actually running it though? Am I blind?
Old 09-02-2004, 08:26 PM
Tech Adept

Mudgeeraba Netball Courts
Firth Park, Somerset Dr, Mudgeeraba
Sat – 3Pm Start, Electric Day/Night Meeting
Sun – 9am Start, Nitro All Day Event
Track open for practice 2 hours prior to events
TRACK WILL NOW BE OPEN SATURDAY & SUNDAY MORNING EARLY

REFIR TO THE MAP ON THE ENTRY FORM, SEE FIRST THREAD Mudgeeraba District Sporting Assosiation buildings and grounds visible from M1 Highway.

From the South
Take 1st Mudgeeraba turn of when heading north and bear left at all intersections until you come on the sports grounds.

From the North
Take the Mudgeeraba off ramp
Turn right at round about
Turn Left at round about, follow this road making no turns and you will come onto the the South bound trafic off ramp, bear right and you wil see the sports grounds follow South bound directions from hear.
Old 09-03-2004, 03:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Murwillumbah
The track has been discribed in RacingLines as the best non permanent track on the east coast and as having the best set of infield corners also.
yes but i liked it better when the straight was along the drivers stand still i hope to come up for a run, once a year at murbah. i'd like to keep that record intact!
Old 09-03-2004, 05:07 AM
Tech Regular

Default racing

At least 4 of us are coming up from PDNR we will send our entries in soon.

We need to come up and try and keep our average of taking home the bacon.
Old 09-05-2004, 03:46 PM
Tech Adept

Look forward to the competition from PDNR, you made our guys work had last time hope you can achieve some results this time also.
Old 10-04-2004, 09:45 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Now the Qld titles are over it's time to start thinking about the Gold Coast Challenge on 16 -17 Oct thats just over a week away.

Electric an Sat arvo / night and Nitro Sunday.

For those who haven't raced at Murwillumbah before this is a fantastic layout and the surface at Mudgeraba should be just as good, Looking forward to a great days racing on the Saturday.
Old 10-04-2004, 10:04 PM
Tech Elite

For those of us who have not been there before and want to race nitro can somebody give some hints as to a good starting point for tires and I am assuming it is a long track and a NS12 motor is the go?? Any help appreciated to prevent angst on the day
Old 10-04-2004, 10:17 PM
Tech Regular

Since they are going to spray... At least 42 and may be 45. That would be my guess.
Old 10-04-2004, 10:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by slooookomo
Since they are going to spray... At least 42 and may be 45. That would be my guess.
They are going to spray VHT or something? Do you know the length of the straight? Just making sure I bring the right parts for my R40 is all.
Old 10-04-2004, 10:22 PM
Tech Regular

ohhhh will there be a compressor there? Especially for the Sunday?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.