Old 06-10-2002, 03:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

WHERE, WHERE.

You guys spend too much time with battery powered toys
Old 06-10-2002, 04:18 PM
Tech Addict

Default ban nitros?

What do you mean ban nitros.You elec wussies wont even run in the rain.
Old 06-11-2002, 04:17 AM
Tech Addict

I was only joking, don't all get defensive, I really like them dirty, smelly, unreliable things. Just not when I'm racing.
Old 06-12-2002, 12:28 AM
Tech Elite

Yes whenever I think of nitro I think of trying to get a really cruddy old temperamental lawn mower to start. I bet most of us know what that's like.
Old 06-14-2002, 03:59 AM
Tech Master

I know what you mean, I had a temperamental mower once,
It took me a week to mow my yard one day.

Anyway, I think that any RC racing is good racing
Old 06-16-2002, 04:11 AM
Tech Master

Hey Guys

there seems to be a fairly animated discussion about where you should buy your RC gear going on over at the Brendale web site.
Old 06-17-2002, 02:00 AM
Tech Master

I just may have a drive of a V ONE S, if a certain driver of a TC3 Nitro will be kind enough.

There looks to be an excellent set of heats and final happening saturday night, the points are close. WHO WILL WIN?????

Anyway we`ll see. Good luck to all!
Old 06-17-2002, 02:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by sparksy
a little birdy told me your running pullstart this week ding

On another note.

OUTLAW RACING is comming to Meakin.

Next season there will be no body or engine restrictions in the open nitro class. So Alan, you might have to wack the RR rear end back on the GT.

I think I might get the T5 now and not the S3.....
I dont remember voting on this Or do we not bother to vote anymore

We still should remain with current format I think, I really cannot be bothered buying another Lola body when I have perfectly good touring bodies still! Also going to multiport engines will be a pain for a few people. My RTU will not be worried, but several of the other guys are gonna have to upgrade again. Anyhow lets just vote on it since it has possible financial impacts for some people.
Old 06-17-2002, 03:14 AM
Tech Master

I don`t know whats actually been said with regard to next season.

Theres a club meeting on Tuesday 25th , and any discussion and subsequent vote will happen then.

The idea of a short 3 month season has been floated, switch to sundays away from the cold nights. we`re only talking 5 race meetings.

Lets wait and see what is proposed.

I personally like the idea.
Old 06-17-2002, 03:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by ding
I don`t know whats actually been said with regard to next season.

Theres a club meeting on Tuesday 25th , and any discussion and subsequent vote will happen then.

The idea of a short 3 month season has been floated, switch to sundays away from the cold nights. we`re only talking 5 race meetings.

Lets wait and see what is proposed.

I personally like the idea.
Hmmmmm Sparksy said it was coming. Anyhow

I have no major problems with the idea, but it makes the nitro class different to the rules from the rest of the state which may reduce the numbers which are coming. Plus it makes the engines open and we get into a horsepower war which Sparksy actually did not want like 6 weeks ago!! Anyhow I have a decent engine and an outlaw ready car so it does not worry me, but I am concerned that it may cost us some numbers turning up.

Plus our cars are going faster now with sedan bodies and 3 ports than the old 235mm 1/10th cars
Old 06-17-2002, 04:04 AM
Tech Regular

Well the only thing that will change is the bodies.... I was talking to martin about it and it will be a case of whatever body you want to run, you can run.... you dont have to go out and get a lola if you dont want to. And with the engines..... there are no rules now saying you cant run a 5 port.... so if someone wanted to they could be runnig one now.

Its not compulsary to go out and spend the bucks on new stuff.
therefore it is not compulsory to be competitive if u don't........ remember the impact of outlaw on the back pocket people......
just the opinion of a poor leccy driver
Old 06-17-2002, 04:04 AM
Tech Elite

Well the only thing that will change is the bodies.... I was talking to martin about it and it will be a case of whatever body you want to run, you can run.... you dont have to go out and get a lola if you dont want to. And with the engines..... there are no rules now saying you cant run a 5 port.... so if someone wanted to they could be runnig one now.

Its not compulsary to go out and spend the bucks on new stuff.
Like I said it is fine with me, but be aware that others may not be so keen, and I want to attract more to the club. There is something to be said for not changing rules each season. There is only so much horsepower that can be used at Meakin anyhow. I have the 3rd fastest overall laptime after Mick and Justin anyhow and probably the most hp engine so engine power is less relevant than driving Anyways lets just vote on it.

I will be running electric and nitro alternate weeks anyhow so I only have a 1/2 vote!

Last edited by AMGRacer; 06-17-2002 at 05:39 AM.
Old 06-17-2002, 04:54 AM
Tech Master

You guys.

Most of us just love to be able to race. Personally all I`m after at the moment is to be more consistant. My lap times have come down about 5 seconds per lap in the last month. So as far as I`m concerned I am winning my own personal battles on the track and am absolutly stoked.

Al`s right when he says MT 12`s and RS 12`s are about as much power as you will need at Meakin Park.

This Sport/Hobby is meant to be fun, lets keep it that way.
Old 06-17-2002, 05:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by ding
You guys.

Most of us just love to be able to race. Personally all I`m after at the moment is to be more consistant. My lap times have come down about 5 seconds per lap in the last month. So as far as I`m concerned I am winning my own personal battles on the track and am absolutly stoked.

Al`s right when he says MT 12`s and RS 12`s are about as much power as you will need at Meakin Park.

This Sport/Hobby is meant to be fun, lets keep it that way.
Good comments! My statements got kinda off track as usual My only point is this, lets vote on any changes cause what some people like others dont like!!

I can hardly stop people going outlaw since I was the 2nd person on the track to use a lola and I now have a V1RR which is an outlaw chassis setup!! Also I payed a huge amount of money for an overseas modifed engine so I am as badly addicted to horsepower as the worst of y'all.

I just wanna see new people come to the club and I am just concerned that upping the ante to an outlaw class may cause others concern. Oh well enuff crap from me for one day Sorry to all I have offended today

Last edited by AMGRacer; 06-17-2002 at 05:50 AM.
Old 06-18-2002, 02:58 AM
Tech Master

I really don`t think anyone will take offence at any the comments made in any post. Hey it`s all good healthy discussion.

My opinion is that we should race ALL CLASSES as per rules, that way anyone can go to any track or race meeting and run their car in class. Whats the point if you need to have 2 cars to race at different clubs, talk about dollar blowout.

See you all Saturday night, it should be a ball tearer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.