Wiki Posts
Search

VINTAGE Racing in *NSW * for 2011.

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 03:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rubedude
How did you know my car was finished and ready to test this Sunday and how did you know its tight and perfect Baggsy?? You are a Clairevoyant!!! If you know all that it must be the winning car then!
Err,,yep,,

If you have any of those front and rear swaybars for the RC10 left,,
can you bring me a set on sunday ,,,pls,,
Old 08-04-2011, 04:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by doorz
Err,,yep,,

If you have any of those front and rear swaybars for the RC10 left,,
can you bring me a set on sunday ,,,pls,,
Only if you promise to let me win
Old 08-04-2011, 09:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RETRO R/C
Yep - Ari and the crew at Northern beaches will hook you up - and I do beleive our good friends at R/C Pit (Rubens) also carry a range of tyres to full your needs.

Cheers

Darryn
I ordered the tyres from NBHC yesterday, they arrived today!, does Ari do personal delivery as well?

Jak
Old 08-04-2011, 11:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Thumbs up My latest Ultima!!!!

Hi Guys.

Gee i wish i could make it.

Oh well. Next yr. Just got myself a original very good nic Ultima.

Check out the front sway bar that is standard on this. Before the Turbo.

This is going sit on the shelf with a nice poster above it from Rizzo ( Thanks Jack) World Champ metal plaque , Special World champ decals and original box.

Love It

Old 08-05-2011, 02:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Very nice Mark,,
Looks like a shelf queen,,,

It's a shame you can't make it,,,,
Next year mate,,

It's going to be a great day,really looking forward to running the RC10 for 5hrs,
She'll go well ,,,
Old 08-05-2011, 06:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Thats a nice Ultima Madracer!
I picked up one of these recently, it has longer FRP shock towers and gold shocks. I know nothing about these cars and it didn't come with a manual. Have you got any info or tips for them? In particular I would like to know what is the ratio of the gearbox?
Cheers,
Ed
Old 08-05-2011, 06:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Thumbs up Thanks!!!

Thanks guys.

ozipanda i ran mine at the vintage festival just gone in mod.

I must say i was really surprised on how it drove in mod. It really kept it's own with all the others. Was drifting into the corners than power sliding out. My Bitsa as i call it was built for basing at the rough Boondal track here and was thrown togeather out of my left over parts i had ( Bitsa)

For power i ran a EZ Run 13t brushless. It has the biggest pinion i could swing . I think 17 or 18t . I replaced the stupid Kyosho pillow balls with Tamiya studs and ball cups. My bitsa has Gold shocks all round and the longer GRP towers. ( Huge difference ) No Ball diff.

They are so good. I now have 3 Ultima,s

DOORZ my money is on you!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-05-2011, 07:09 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MadRacer
Thanks guys.

ozipanda i ran mine at the vintage festival just gone in mod.

I must say i was really surprised on how it drove in mod. It really kept it's own with all the others. Was drifting into the corners than power sliding out. My Bitsa as i call it was built for basing at the rough Boondal track here and was thrown togeather out of my left over parts i had ( Bitsa)

For power i ran a EZ Run 13t brushless. It has the biggest pinion i could swing . I think 17 or 18t . I replaced the stupid Kyosho pillow balls with Tamiya studs and ball cups. My bitsa has Gold shocks all round and the longer GRP towers. ( Huge difference ) No Ball diff.

They are so good. I now have 3 Ultima,s

DOORZ my money is on you!!!!!!!!!!
After seeing your Ultima running at the Vintage race I knew I needed to get one Do you know where to get spare gears from? Part numbers?
Old 08-05-2011, 10:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

ONE WEEK TO GO!!!!

Here are the guidelines once again - just in case there are some late entries: :

THE 2011 N.S.W VINTAGE BUGGY ENDURO

It is time for the second running of the Annual vintage buggy enduro. Castle Hill will be hosting the 5 hour enduro this year and it is sure to be a brilliant as the last.

We will be able to take a total of 12 teams at this stage (as the drivers stand wont accomodate any more).

WHERE? Castle Hill Buggy Club - Castle Hill, N.S.W

WHEN? SUNDAY 14th August.

DRIVERS MEETING:
Will be held at 9am SHARP to hand out the motors that you will be using for the race and to go through some of the finer points of the days events. Racing will commence at 10.30am. Get there and be set up before 9 and you wont have an issue.

ENTRY FEE'S:
The entry fee per team is $80. This INCLUDES 1 RS540J motor. This motor will be handed out at the drivers meeting. Yes it is slightly more than last year - however our costs (like everything else) have also increased. You don’t have to be a rocket scientist though to figure out that this is the BEST VALUE you are going to get racing anywhere. Only at nitro races do you actually get more than 1 hour of track time - let alone 5!!!

LAP COUNTING:
All teams must have a personal transponder. If you don’t have – we will arrange one for you to borrow! That’s the kinda guys we are!

Just about everyone competing will know that these are much the same rules as for the vintage festival........There are however some more specific rules for the ENDURO:

GENERAL ENDURO RULES:

BATTERIES:
LI-PO batteries are most welcome. There are some STRICT rules as to what we allow though. HARD CASE LI-PO batteries are MANDATORY. WE WILL NOT allow soft cased LI-PO's to be used AT ALL. As far as other batteries go - any commercially available SUB C battery is usable. 7.2 Volts for SUB C cell is the maximum voltage. 7.4 Volts is maximum for LI-PO. MAXIMUM CAPACITY for all cells is 6000 Mah - no exceptions.

MODIFICATIONS:
Modifications to cars are to be kept PERIOD CORRECT. This means that the cars should be fitted with upgrades and or parts from other cars from the SAME period (BEFORE DEC 31, 1990), where possible. PLEASE dont expect to be able to run your Losi Pro SE that happens to be fitted with a Losi Pro shell or an alloy tub RC10 with B4 running gear! Especially not your pre 90 buggy fitted with post 90 parts from the same manufacturer....! NOT ALLOWED!! Basically the same principles that you are all now comfortable with at events in NSW over the last few years.

TEAMS:
Teams are to consist of a minimum of 3 drivers and a maximum of 4 drivers. ALL TEAMS MUST have a team member marshalling their spot at ALL TIMES - NO exceptions. If you are found to not have a marshall at your designated spot - you will receive a 5 LAP PENALTY!!

ALL members of your team MUST DRIVE the teams car for a minimum of 30 minutes. There are NO "pit only" or "marshall only" team members on ANY team. A team is exactly that - a team. You all must share the load. The penalty for not having a team member run at least 30 minutes will be a position lost in the final result. (That means if you win - but havent met the rule - you will be demoted to second at a minimum)

WHEELS AND TIRES:
Whilst it would be fantastic if we could all still run orignal sized wheels and tires, it is really not totally feasable or possible for everyone to source and run them. For this reason we accept the use of modern wheels and tires. This makes it possible for more people to enjoy the fun that these meetings provide.

WEIGHT LIMIT:
This year there is a weight limit (to give the meeting more parity and to level the playing field so you dont have to spend a bomb on lightweight parts to have a competitive car). In reality - this will be pretty easy to acheive for all of us - as this is less than the weight of most cars fitted with Li-Po's anyway.

4wd Weight limit is 1650 grams
2wd Weight limit is 1525 grams

*****Failure to comply to this guideline will result in disqualification*****

DRIVING STANDARDS:
PLEASE - remember that driving etiquitte is expected. This is a 5 hour enduro - not a 6 minute sprint race. If a faster car is passing you - let em go and burn out their motor quicker , dont "hack" and be respectfull of your fellow competitor at all times.

IF you have questions - PLEASE post them up here for clarification - that way EVERYONE gets to see the responses, and has a greater understanding of the event. The only "silly" question is the one you dont ask.

We are all friends, and love these old cars for the comraderie and enjoyment that comes with running them.

This years event is going to be bigger and better than the last one - hard to imagine - I know!! Dont miss out - start calling your mates now to orgainse the team.

Cheers

Darryn
Old 08-05-2011, 10:46 PM
Tech Elite

Ok guys,

Just wanted to put a few things up that should be a no-brainer for everyone if they have been attending the events over the last 5 years or so.............this is more re-enforcement than anything new:

MODIFICATIONS:
Modifications to cars are to be kept PERIOD CORRECT. This means that the cars should be fitted with upgrades and or parts from other cars from the SAME period (BEFORE DEC 31, 1990), where possible. PLEASE dont expect to be able to run your Losi Pro SE that happens to be fitted with a Losi Pro shell or an alloy tub RC10 with B4 running gear! Especially not your pre 90 buggy fitted with post 90 parts from the same manufacturer....! NOT ALLOWED!! Basically the same principles that you are all now comfortable with at events in NSW over the last few years.

Ok - this WILL be enforced. Bagz and I will be randomly inspecting cars for parts and/or modifications that are unresonable. We understand that not everyone can source original shocks, original wheels and tyres and small parts like original hubs etc - thats why we allow more modern parts to be fitted. However, we WONT allow cars to be fitted with alloy/hop up parts that have been released well after the car was released etc etc, especially parts from later model cars from the same manufacturer. We have been through this - so bring the standard parts if you are not sure......

BATTERIES:
LI-PO batteries are most welcome. There are some STRICT rules as to what we allow though. HARD CASE LI-PO batteries are MANDATORY. WE WILL NOT allow soft cased LI-PO's to be used AT ALL. As far as other batteries go - any commercially available SUB C battery is usable. 7.2 Volts for SUB C cell is the maximum voltage. 7.4 Volts is maximum for LI-PO. MAXIMUM CAPACITY for all cells is 6000 Mah - no exceptions.

Again - this WILL be enforced. Bagz and I will be randomly inspecting pack capacities and hard cases throughout the day. Read it - understand it.

TEAMS:
Teams are to consist of a minimum of 3 drivers and a maximum of 4 drivers. ALL TEAMS MUST have a team member marshalling their spot at ALL TIMES - NO exceptions. If you are found to not have a marshall at your designated spot - you will receive a 5 LAP PENALTY!!

ALL members of your team MUST DRIVE the teams car for a minimum of 30 minutes. There are NO "pit only" or "marshall only" team members on ANY team. A team is exactly that - a team. You all must share the load. The penalty for not having a team member run at least 30 minutes will be a position lost in the final result. (That means if you win - but havent met the rule - you will be demoted to second at a minimum)

Same as above. We WILL be enforcing this. ALL team members must drive for at least 30 MINUTES - NO EXCEPTIONS. If you do not comply with this - you will drop one position from your final result. If you fail to have a TEAM member marshalling at ANY time - you will receive a 5 lap penalty. Easy enough to understand.

WEIGHT LIMIT:
This year there is a weight limit (to give the meeting more parity and to level the playing field so you dont have to spend a bomb on lightweight parts to have a competitive car). In reality - this will be pretty easy to acheive for all of us - as this is less than the weight of most cars fitted with Li-Po's anyway.

4wd Weight limit is 1650 grams
2wd Weight limit is 1525 grams

*****Failure to comply to this guideline will result in disqualification*****

If you cant understand the above - please ask here. Scales will be available on the day to weigh your car if you are not sure.

Guys, this was tremendous event last year - and there is no reason why this year should be any different. This is the last year that 4wd's will be running with the 2wd's, it will be interesting to see the results. If they can make them reliable (4wd) - they will be almost impossible to beat. Lots of strategy and planning go into making a successful team - and also the race day itself.

Bagz and I have been working as hard as we can to ensure that the event is getting bigger and better every year - the same goes for the festival. This is the longest vintage enduro ever held in this country, I think even last year we acheived that with 4 hours straight. All 9 teams finished the event last year

There are 9 teams again this year, still three spots left!! With a couple of teams having to pull out this year because of health and other issues - perhaps they could combine for at least another team or two? Either way - this event is going to be awesome!

Looking forward to catching up with you all again.

Cheers

Darryn

Last edited by RETRO R/C; 08-06-2011 at 02:03 AM. Reason: Clarified modification explanation.
Old 08-06-2011, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Smile

My Ol Gal is just about finished...

Hopefully test it tomorrow if Casso is on!!

Old 08-06-2011, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Good Stuff Rubes!!

Tough looking old chook she is too!!

Just finishing off our teams car too - will get some pics up tomorrow.

so pumped about the race - so much so that I just dont care where we finish - just want to get amongst it!! Gonna be a blast.

Cheers

Darryn
Old 08-06-2011, 03:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default ULtima

Originally Posted by ozipanda
After seeing your Ultima running at the Vintage race I knew I needed to get one Do you know where to get spare gears from? Part numbers?
You need Kyosho UM1 gear set .they do come up on ebay .

Cheers Mario
Old 08-06-2011, 03:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default UM1

Originally Posted by Horse Power
You need Kyosho UM1 gear set .they do come up on ebay .

Cheers Mario
Just jumped on ebay and item #300516552640 .He has 7 sets.

Cheers Mario
Old 08-06-2011, 03:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Horse Power
Just jumped on ebay and item #300516552640 .He has 7 sets.

Cheers Mario
Thanks Mario, I will check it out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.