Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
KO gear worth it?, or is Futaba just as good? >

KO gear worth it?, or is Futaba just as good?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KO gear worth it?, or is Futaba just as good?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2004, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default KO gear worth it?, or is Futaba just as good?

So options wise for new radio gear, is KO really as good as it's rep?

EX-11's are looking like they are being fazed out now, the prices are really good for a 27mhz with tiny RX unit, but if it is at the end of it's run, is it still good value and still first class performance wise?

About the only other new unit I'm considering is the new Futaba 3PM-FM, which would probably be about the same sort of cost, maybe a little more as I would want a better steering servo, and most places only sell the 3PM with 2 base model servos.
I could also get it in 40mhz, meaning more choice in Freq chips, and it does have a couple of extra features.

Futaba has always seemed just a little cheap on build quality though (I like that quality "feel"), unless your buying their top models, where as anything KO just seems to scream quality gear, regardless of the model.

Never owed anything KO, only ever just had a JR and a few Futabas, so I suppose I really just looking for people who can perhaps confirm or debunk KO mythology?
But if KO is the best, then surely anything KO is worth it, and I want something good for racing, and will last.
Old 07-17-2004, 04:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I dont think there is any radio that can be called " the best"

cos there's M8s, EX1 Mars's and Jr R1's and alike, they're all in close to the same ball park as far as radio's go. Which ones the best is upto to you're feel.

But yea, KO does have a reputation for being a good radio manufacturer, but I dont think it's any better than any of the other radio's on the market.

Im a JR man myself.
Old 07-17-2004, 09:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Heya.

I have one of each (jr xs3 and a KO ex1 mars) and i just prefer the solid, quality feel of the KO. But i have always been a KO man!

Glenn
Old 07-18-2004, 02:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

i feel that futaba is just as good as KO, the 3PM is an excellent radio, containing many very good feautres that you wouldnt find on any other radios in its price range
Old 07-19-2004, 12:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I like the Futaba, KO are a good radio but I found it a bit small for my hand, a bit uncomfortable in a long main. 3PK's are getting cheaper.