Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Port Augusta Radio Controlled car Club (PARCCC) >

Port Augusta Radio Controlled car Club (PARCCC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Port Augusta Radio Controlled car Club (PARCCC)

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 03:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Port Augusta Radio Controlled car Club (PARCCC)

Hi All,
We are attempting to rebuild PARCCC. We are a small band of enthusiastic racers wanting to recreate what was once a well regarded country RC club in South Australia. It annually held a fondly remembered event called the SA Country Titles.

The club was officially created in 1986 running 1/10th offroad. It soon branched into electric onroad racing. Sadly economic decline and interest waned causing it to close the track in 1999. However it continued to exist as an incorporated club. We hope to recreate the family orientated and rc promotional aspects written into the club's constitution to reform a viable rc club.

The club has been kindly granted private land on which we have begun our track. It is located with stunning views and wide open spaces. We will try to cater for 8th offroad and 10th offroad but intially have a focus toward 8th offroad.

I hope to keep readers updated on our progress and also hope to one day, again, run the SA Country Championships.

We already have people to thank for the help they have provided.
Coates Hire, for cheap bobcat hire rates.
Kev's Radio Controlled Models, for supporting many drivers both veterans and noobs.
Graeme, for IT support.
John G, for providing the land.

Cheers All
Jason Lawson
Old 10-12-2010, 01:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Good job Jason. Looking forward to seeing some final pictures once it's completed!
Old 10-12-2010, 08:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Funking-Awesome
Good job Jason. Looking forward to seeing some final pictures once it's completed!

+1

Also thanks for the great pit work at the vics mate.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Mmmmm,
Here's an idea,

"The Northern Weekend of Speed"

Day 1 race in Whyalla
Day 2 race in Port Augusta

Or Vice Versa

What do you think?
Old 10-12-2010, 11:21 PM
Tech Master

Will get some pics eventually Tom.
No worries Roonie, anytime.
I'll keep that in mind Andrew. I'm hoping to make the SA Country Champs a 2 day event.
Cheers
Old 10-12-2010, 11:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

From what jason has told me the track is going to be awsome, cant wait to have a drive there, and if you need a hand let me know and will make a weekend of it.

Cheers
Scott
Old 10-13-2010, 01:01 AM
Tech Master

Thanks Scotty but lets not blow any trumpets yet please . We are very small and have limited resources.
Old 10-16-2010, 01:17 AM
Tech Master

Default track update

The rain gods have been kind to us. After initial construction we had a few days a consistant rainfall to settle the track. Today we only had a light roller but gave it a once over. We were going to connect the plumbing to the bore but got distracted with driving the track for 4 hours.

The track seems a little tight but nonetheless a fun drive. Clocking 30sec laps with truggy, its quite fast. It actually feels like a very good 10th electric track but still good for 8th nitro. The surface held up without rutting but we still need a heavy roller and continued watering. One set of jumps needs adjusting. We had fun.

I will post some vids when I receive them from Graeme.

Cheers All
Old 10-16-2010, 05:19 AM
Tech Regular

hey jason when do you reckon you will be able to start racing on the track looking forward to coming up there
Old 10-17-2010, 01:05 AM
Tech Master

Not sure when we can start racing yet because there are things that need to get it up to scratch. Also we don't have a known brand transponder system.

We did another 6 hour driving session today with very little damage to the track. No watering was done. Seems to be an excellent 10th track but still very driveable for 8th.
Old 10-31-2010, 12:31 AM
Tech Master

We now have a portable 8 person rostrum thanks to the Whyalla club, cheers fellas.

Track has turned out to be about a 30sec track for 8th. An extension is planned for the future but before that we want to improve what we have.

As a side note. Just got back from running buggy and truggy. Buggy got 11min 40 sec to a tank, truggy got 11min 20 to a tank.

Cheers All
Old 10-31-2010, 02:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

It seems somewhere for 1/10 ep is just what SA needs, A dual purpose facility does work, we have one here in Cairns which is going well. Hope it all goes well for you guys, will have to check it out next year.
Old 12-04-2010, 02:12 AM
Tech Master

Hi All,
Had some feedback from a quality local 8th buggy driver (Brownie the Eggman) about the track. It has not been touched for a few weeks and had excellent traction with high wear. The bonus is bald tires still generated good to high grip. I played with my 10TT today before doing some track upgrades and maintenance and found the same characteristics. Loads of traction, high tire wear but still working with bald tires.

Today we layed some more excellent clay to make all parts of the track 4 metres wide, or thereabouts. We are working toward a february start to club racing. We are also thinking about running control tires (Hey MMI, I am proposing GRP tires ).

Classes proposed are 8th buggy, 8th truggy, 10.5 electric 2wd and outlaw 10th. We have a number of ancillary things to work on but the track is fun and fast.

So to all you SA racers, electric or nitro, I hope to have further info for you so you can come and visit for fun, relaxing and fast racing in 2011.

Cheers All
Jason Lawson
Old 03-21-2011, 07:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Sounds great. I'll be down to check it out when ya send me an invite. I'v been livin in Wilmington for the last year with the St Pro hibernating in the shed, E-revo tucked in a drawer & the nitro Revo tucked away under the cupboard. I need somewhere to let em rip.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Is there much interest in Vintage 1/10 Electric Off-Road in the Iron Triangle?

Have race meets started yet? If not, any word on when?
Would be good if you could work it with Whyalla for Sat/Sun meets.

I'd be tempted to make the drive up from Adelaide. (Pt Lincoln boy originally)
Not much down here in Adelaide in the way of off-road.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.