Community
Wiki Posts
Search

i need recommendations for a airbrush

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2004, 02:16 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up i need recommendations for a airbrush

ay people i currently have a 2hp compressor with a regulated valve outlet. i want to get a airbrush kit so i can start doing my own paintschemes.

i want a kit that has all the stuff neccessary, and minimal need to upgrade.

can you suggest a type of airbrush, and what brand, and also how much they cost and were from.

Wombat, i'm curious to know what you use, and how you modified it to accept the fascolour glitter?
Old 06-22-2004, 03:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

You've almost answered your own question. Get a Faskolor F1 airbrush. Not even sure if they're available here (mine came from OS) but it's the way to go. They are suitable for Faskolor paint (Normal airbrushes dont like it) and they can also spray other lexan paint equally well.
I only spray Pactra Polycarb but the Faskolor airbrush is brilliant.

I'm a professional Illustrator anyway and I used to use Badger airbushes exclusively, but now for bodies I only use the Faskolor one.

p.s. I hate Faskolor paint though.....
Old 06-22-2004, 05:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by tony gray
Get a Faskolor F1 airbrush.
I'm a professional Illustrator
ok cool, so how much are they and where can i get them from? any online stores or shops in oz?.... (i don't want to pay $100 more for the comfort of buying in oz though, so wherever is cheaper)
Old 06-22-2004, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

My two came from Tower Hobbies. I havent seen them here at all, although that doesnt mean that they aren't available....
Old 06-22-2004, 08:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

If your after a complete unit with 3 different needle sizes, hose and bottles get a paasche vl set. Good airbrush for the what you want.
As i use a airbrush for 6-7hrs a day Iwata (HP-C or HP-BCS will do you). These are what the fascolor airbrush is coppied from but the quality is just 1st class and cant be matched(wolrd leader in airbrushes).
Dixie Art in the US is the place to go they have all the major brands and are cheap.
Old 06-22-2004, 08:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by SkidLid
If your after a complete unit with 3 different needle sizes, hose and bottles get a paasche vl set. Good airbrush for the what you want.
As i use a airbrush for 6-7hrs a day Iwata (HP-C or HP-BCS will do you). These are what the fascolor airbrush is coppied from but the quality is just 1st class and cant be matched(wolrd leader in airbrushes).
Dixie Art in the US is the place to go they have all the major brands and are cheap.
Yes HP-C is what I just have upgraded to and the brush out preforms me 1000 to 1. Dixie art is about 1/2 the price of more of out here. Also Auto Air is much better and much cheaper than fastcolor.

Coxy.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by SkidLid
Dixie Art in the US is the place to go
ok found the website, which is better. ie as a pro painter what would you prefer?

the "plus hp-c" or the "hi line hp-c"

HP-BC only: $169.95

HP-BC w/ 9 color Com-Art Set: $174.95

i basicly want the best one, so i have no need to upgrade in the future.

http://www.dixieart.com/High_Perform...irbrushes.html

http://www.dixieart.com/IwataHB_C_BC1_BC2.html

Last edited by VenomWorldOrder; 06-22-2004 at 09:47 PM.
Old 06-23-2004, 10:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Both the HP-BC and HP-C range can shot fine lines but not suitable for large areas of single colour or glitter.The HP-C Hi-Line has a MAC valve that would just get you in trouble so go with the PLUS if you decide to go this way.
For me i would say go the HP-C PLUS but also get a Passche VL set for glitter, if you want to shot glitter and fine lines with the same airbrush get the HP-BCS eclipse slightly larger nozzle but can still give great detail.
I have in my own collection a HP-C (optioned up), HP-BCS eclipse, Passche VL set plus more. I use them all but for rc bodies I use the HP-C the most cause it can do everything you want except glitter (Passche VL set with no.5 needle is the best for this)
Old 06-26-2004, 03:12 AM
Tech Rookie

for finer detail i use an airbrush, for filling in areas in a single colour i use a "touch up" type spray gun, gravity feed type, this is good for large areas in a single colour, that i have mixed up, by using a gravity feed type there is no wastage compared to a pot type. you can get these from any trade paint store, depending on where your from upwards of $100.