Wiki Posts
Search

X-Factory Drivers

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 04:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Smile X-Factory Drivers

this is a new forum for all x factory drivers or anyone who would like to discuss about any x factory car ....set ups .....handling.....mods...pics...

so if u drive one or are interested in them please ask....

Mic
Old 07-29-2010, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The Doctor is in.......
Old 07-29-2010, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Good idea Mic! There are a lot of X-Factory cars running in Aus now and winning a lot of races too

Anyone running the new saddle chassis? I have one on the way and will post pics when I get it. Think it will be good with heavier lipos.

Also planning on running my truck for the first time in Aus at the NSW state titles. I need a setup for it if anyone has one

Cheers,
Scotty P.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:55 PM
Tech Rookie

From what I've seen these cars have evolved from the X5 Year 8 woodwork class project....
Old 07-29-2010, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottyP
Good idea Mic! There are a lot of X-Factory cars running in Aus now and winning a lot of races too

Anyone running the new saddle chassis? I have one on the way and will post pics when I get it. Think it will be good with heavier lipos.

Also planning on running my truck for the first time in Aus at the NSW state titles. I need a setup for it if anyone has one

Cheers,
Scotty P.
Hey Scotty

I did the saddle setup from a standard chassis, very easy to do. I didn't run the stick pack setup, as from memory they just won't turn on loose tracks.

I've done the saddles for both the X6sq and the X60, works great. The only thing you would have to be aware is if you run a large esc in the X6 it will be a tight fit between the servo and battery area. Tekin fits easily.

The setup I ran at the Shield worked great in the X60.

Cheers
Tom.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by John Butler
From what I've seen these cars have evolved from the X5 Year 8 woodwork class project....
Yeh nice one Tw..... love your woodwork!!! lol They were the days of Bits and Pieces!!!
Old 07-29-2010, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Ok, my main gripe so far with the X6sq is the way they have layed out the battery brace, ie the front 2 screws being so close to the edge of the chassis and so high you are struggling to even fit the standard body ( I'm exagerating but there is only maybe 1.5mm between body and post). IMO the standard body is UGLY!!!!

I have always run the Asarashi body which is very cool and thicker guage, but it has no way in hell of fitting now. The PHAT body does just fit but the material is very thin and breaks easily.

Has anyone tried something else?
Old 07-29-2010, 07:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by John Butler
You've obviously not seen much!
Old 07-29-2010, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by X5 Addict
Ok, my main gripe so far with the X6sq is the way they have layed out the battery brace, ie the front 2 screws being so close to the edge of the chassis and so high you are struggling to even fit the standard body ( I'm exagerating but there is only maybe 1.5mm between body and post). IMO the standard body is UGLY!!!!

I have always run the Asarashi body which is very cool and thicker guage, but it has no way in hell of fitting now. The PHAT body does just fit but the material is very thin and breaks easily.

Has anyone tried something else?
I'm thinking about removing the outermost battery brace posts with the saddle chassis and trimming the battery brace. I think the rear posts alone will enough to hold the saddle battery in place. The main issue will be chassis flex and the battery brace plays a key role when mounted on the four posts.

At least this mod will allow me to run my nice Azarashi body!

Cheers,
Scotty P.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

ive seen people just get b44 battery posts, bolt them to the chassis further in and use the b44 battery straps or custom ones, i agree, the placement of the forward posts is useless, Xfactory write if off by saying they dont take their batts out anyway, thats nice, but not for those of us who have to use lipo sacks
Old 07-30-2010, 01:18 AM
Tech Elite

I'm thinking about removing the outermost battery brace posts with the saddle chassis and trimming the battery brace. I think the rear posts alone will enough to hold the saddle battery in place. The main issue will be chassis flex and the battery brace plays a key role when mounted on the four posts.

At least this mod will allow me to run my nice Azarashi body!

Cheers,
Scotty P.
Originally Posted by NOFX
ive seen people just get b44 battery posts, bolt them to the chassis further in and use the b44 battery straps or custom ones, i agree, the placement of the forward posts is useless, Xfactory write if off by saying they dont take their batts out anyway, thats nice, but not for those of us who have to use lipo sacks
BIG lipo sacks, car and all! I was thinking about doing what Mikey suggested, as that's what I did on the old chassis.you could probably put one strap staight across the cells and have the posts mounted close either side? Will have a look tomorrow.
As Scotty mentioned it may not be good for flex? Either way it just blows chunks!!!
Old 07-30-2010, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Thinking pretty seriously of getting the conversion for the truck - it seems to have so much more drive out of and through the corners....

I liked my X6 (still have it on the shelf from after the nats), I am very tempted to get it down and give it another go - they sure seem to be very happy on damp and or slippery tracks.

Think I will go the truck first - then drive Toms squared.......if he trusts me not to "pancake" on the quad!! mmmmmmmmmm............pancake............

Cheers

Darryn

Last edited by RETRO R/C; 07-30-2010 at 08:53 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-30-2010, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RETRO R/C
Thinking pretty seriously of getting the conversion for the truck - it seems to have so much more drive out of and through the corners....

I liked my X6 (still have it on the shelf from after the nats), I am very tempted to get it down and give it another go - they sure seem to be very happy on damp and or slippery tracks.

Think I will go the truck first - then drive Toms squared.......if he trusts me not to "pancake" on the quad!! mmmmmmmmmm............pancake............

Cheers

Darryn
Actual geometry is all the same Daz, so the differences will be from the plastic chassis and saddle conversion. I like the way they turn with the changed battery placement.

Will be having a look at the battery strap placement today.

Yes mate you need to have a drive....
Old 07-31-2010, 01:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

hey dr,can i borrow some old rc mags?, ones with euros & worlds
10th offroad heavy, ill be @ knox tomorrow ifffff its not hailing
cheers jg
Old 08-01-2010, 03:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Cheers,
Scotty P.
the car handles as if you are running a rear sway bar it stops the car from rolling in corners (like when your running a big lipo eg.5000 )it puts more wait over the front.. i mod my graphite chassie to the x factory spec but i didnt like it like i said it feels like just putting on a sway bar!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.