Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Regarding Electric Modified Racing in Australia what would be your preferred option?
Brushless and Brushed in 1 class
51.35%
Brushless and Brushed in 1 class , but handicap bonus for the wingers
1.35%
No Brushless at all...
9.46%
Serperate class for Brushless and Brushed
29.73%
Brushless gets rubber tire penalty to curb performance
0%
NFI... I race Nitro
8.11%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Brushless or Gutless

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 03:23 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Glue-Stick
Who really gives a shit?!? Not me!!
Some racers like to have say about the hobby we spend money on...
Old 05-12-2004, 03:26 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Brushless the way to go

Originally posted by danjoy25
Years ago when I use to run nitros, the ? was Pullstart or Non Pullstart and look what everone is running now. I now have BL setup coz its pretty obvious its the only way to go.
it is quite obvious your missing the point the question is whether or not you run brushed with brushless, by the way i as i recall wasn't pull start a seperate class?
Old 05-12-2004, 03:29 AM
Tech Adept

Who really gives a shit?!? Not me!!
not me either!

soon this thread will be forgotten and will be added to the
huge rctech archive lol
Old 05-12-2004, 03:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Brushless the way to go

Originally posted by black-knight
Yes i remember be DQ'd after winning a MECA for running Serpent Impulse when it first came out lol
BK,

Old memories, I remember that as well, I think I was in the same finals as well.

Old 05-12-2004, 03:40 AM
Tech Addict

Default hey

id jusy like to say i run a novak bl in my 1/12 scale and it goes hard no run time worries and matches the rest,good enough to place 4th at recent nsw state titles.it makes running too cars so much cheaper and easier.
just thought id put this in even if it doesnt have anything to do with mod racing
Old 05-12-2004, 03:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Brushless the way to go

Originally posted by THUNDERPAINT!
it is quite obvious your missing the point the question is whether or not you run brushed with brushless, by the way i as i recall wasn't pull start a seperate class?
Thanks for point out that Iam missing the point, but then again I am not as talented as you are
Old 05-12-2004, 04:19 AM
Tech Elite

Bk, the poll you are running seems to be misleading when you compare it to the proposal that has been put to the clubs affiliated to AARCMCC, I would prefer to see it based on facts not fiction.
Guys, one thing to remember that this will only affect AARCMCC santioned events, which most of you will proberly only run a couple in a year. Day to day club racing is upto the individual clubs to make up their own minds of what mixture of motors etc.

BTW, doesn't the entry form for the Winter Chumps state no brushless ??

If anyone wants to see the proposal put forward, they can contact me at Peter Ellis and I will forward it on.

Just for the records, those who have mentioned the Novak SS5800 brushless motor and speed control, read the instruction manual properly before quoteing that this has a stock profile. You will find that it actually has a limited profile.

I will be impartial to any comments, given the position i have to fill with AARCMCC.

Peter
Old 05-12-2004, 02:57 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: Re: Brushless in Stock

Originally posted by Kennedy
Buying the Novak and leaving it in stock profile so I can practice all day and find a setup for my P2K2...makes the buy so worth the while
Totally agree. Even if you didn't race it, it would still be worth the money. Especially offroad when the track is always there and you can easily spend an entire Saturday trying different things, to be able to go home and not even touch the motor is GOLD!!!!
Old 05-12-2004, 03:37 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by fastolfart
Bk, the poll you are running seems to be misleading when you compare it to the proposal that has been put to the clubs affiliated to AARCMCC, I would prefer to see it based on facts not fiction.
Guys, one thing to remember that this will only affect AARCMCC santioned events, which most of you will proberly only run a couple in a year. Day to day club racing is upto the individual clubs to make up their own minds of what mixture of motors etc.

Peter

Two of the Poll options are realistic and they happen to be the two most popular choices

And although the AARCMCC only officially affect AARCMCC sanctioned events, the national rules do have an impact on what rules clubs adopt for everyday racing. Theres no point investing in Brushless if come the the big events you can not run the system.

This is the very reason ive switched back to brushed motors, i have no faith in the rule makers or govenrning body, so i'll just run with the most common motor rules that i know wont change.

I'd be pretty happy with wholesale IFMAR adoption rubber tire and all!
Old 05-12-2004, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by black-knight
.... I'd be pretty happy with wholesale IFMAR adoption rubber tire and all!
why not get your aarcmcc to make the proposal BK
Old 05-12-2004, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

This is the very reason ive switched back to brushed motors, i have no faith in the rule makers or govenrning body, so i'll just run with the most common motor rules that i know wont change
Easy fix, move OS or just sell up and get out.
12 mths ago you didn't even have anyone to approach on these matters,
12 mths ago you would have had no chance of getting a brushless motor on the track.

Brushless will still be around racing, the question is will it remain a part of the brushed motor class or not.
The only people that will kill off brushless are people like your self. Why don't you do something constructive like run a pole as to how many people will run brushless at the next Nats & State Champs
Paul, You seem to have a problem of trying lead people astray from the facts to suit your devices.
Old 05-12-2004, 09:50 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by fastolfart
Easy fix, move OS or just sell up and get out.
12 mths ago you didn't even have anyone to approach on these matters,
12 mths ago you would have had no chance of getting a brushless motor on the track.

Brushless will still be around racing, the question is will it remain a part of the brushed motor class or not.
The only people that will kill off brushless are people like your self. Why don't you do something constructive like run a pole as to how many people will run brushless at the next Nats & State Champs
Paul, You seem to have a problem of trying lead people astray from the facts to suit your devices.
i want to have cake and eat it

I like the idea of seperate BL and Brushed motors, but this will weaken the mod scene, we dont have enough racers to support both classes properly. So i'll race the class i think has a stronger future, and maybe even run both when possible.

This only affect the State Titles and Nationals, but these are the two events we spend all year practicing for.

The new proposal looks resonable i think it will pass.
Old 05-12-2004, 10:48 PM
Tech Elite

WOOOSH!!

**passes hand over head***

umm, so, can i like, play with my hacker now, or is the big boss going to say no?

i'm sure glad there are guys like peter on the australian gov committiee! this hobby would be so ukfayed if i ran it hehehehe