Wiki Posts
Search

mambo monster and tekin rx8 mixing anyone tried

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 05:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default mambo monster and tekin rx8 mixing anyone tried

hey guys. just asking if anyone has tried a mamba monster esc with a tekin motor? I have a mamba setup in an 8ight t. it's good in that. i have a tekin rx8 setup in a lst2. the tekin setup is really smooth don't get any cogging. just wondering if it is solely the teking motor that is smooth or the combo due to it being sensored as the mamba isn't. reason i ask is i reckon the mamba is better braking and also having trouble getting the twin 94359 airtronics servo to work in the lst2 with the rx8 keeps cutting down due to the bec in the rx8 not being good enought the mamba system will cope. let me know what you have tried and what it worked like.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

run an external BEC ( castle creations make a few) and bypass the internal BEC of the teakin. you can run a sensored motor in an sensorless controller just fine, but not the other way around. the smoothness comes from the sensor measuring EXACTLY where the rotor is and where its going... the MMM uses back emf's etc to guage it. my MMM was extremely smooth though, it requires ALOT of amps to do so though, so make sure your batteries are up to scratch. (120+ Amps continous for quality packs. more if cheaper ones as a guide...)

ryan