Wiki Posts
Search

why australian distributors suck/ why people buy o/s

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 09:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally posted by rjl
Well there's no reason for Toy Traders to ever get the parts is there.
Didn't think we'd find the answer to the question so quickly!!!
Old 04-20-2004, 09:23 PM
Tech Adept

i disagree mate, taking shit out of a kit is bad, given that the parts i want wont arrive till end of next month, that means some other boy racer misses out....
Old 04-20-2004, 09:25 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by TRF_StEvE
do tt have an email addy of some sort
They don't even have a website that I know of.

Cheers
Paul Griffin
Old 04-20-2004, 09:56 PM
Tech Master

rjl- could not be said better.

what many people dont realise, the more you buy overseas, the more you compound the problem.
Old 04-20-2004, 10:03 PM
Tech Regular

So we all spend more locally and hope?
Old 04-20-2004, 10:06 PM
Tech Initiate

put it this way, i'll buy from anywhere that has WHAT i WANT IN STOCK! As consumers this is one those privileges we get, freedom of choice.

for those who say buying overseas just compunds the problem, well i think the highend RC market in Australia isnt going anywhere in a hurry anyway. A couple of guys rallying to buy from the LHS isnt going to change anything. We just don't have the market for it and unless one magical day 10,000 Aussies wake up and decide to take RC seriously the problem will remain.

So those who want to wait a couple of months for a part can do so but hey at the end of the day its your loss. As long as your racing and your happy thats all their is to it.

Flame suit on....
Old 04-20-2004, 10:10 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by rjl
Well there's no reason for Toy Traders to ever get the parts is there.
If they sell the main chasis, then they should stock the spares......or do they make enuf on selling the chasis that they dont need to sell spares and hop ups

Thats just my 2 cents...
Old 04-20-2004, 10:11 PM
Tech Addict

Location: If Nissan Motorsport is Nismo, Then Honda Motorsport must be Homo

Originally posted by cantona
rjl- could not be said better.

what many people dont realise, the more you buy overseas, the more you compound the problem.
I said it first, i said it first!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-20-2004, 10:25 PM
Tech Regular

Default 51050 TRF front shock tower

Try following but you should have got onto this yesterday
http://shopping.rcmodel.com.hk/index...ort=4a&page=13 $10 USD 2 day delivery EMS post
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/defaul...ort=1a&&page=2 $9.90 USD 2 days delivery EMS
http://www.hobbymania.com.hk/eng/sho...cts.asp?page=2 $10 USD EMS Post 2 days approx $8 USD

Freedom of choice lets you buy where you like. The customs dept doesn't what to know about any shipment under $1000 AUD per post. I can get parts for my Yokomo cars much cheeper and somtimes faster from HK than from the local Importer (hobby Habit - good service and usually have the parts). I gave up buying through a hobby shop cause it was taking weeks and my kids were getting upset cause they were missing race days cause of broken cars..........the stress relief alone is worth supporting the best service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check link on importing goods
http://www.customs.gov.au/site/print...=5&nav_id=1307

Last edited by johnny5; 04-20-2004 at 10:47 PM.
Old 04-20-2004, 10:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Do you honestly thing the more you buy from your L.H.S the price will drop ( I don't thing so )
Old 04-20-2004, 11:50 PM
WC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default Re: why australian distributors suck/ why people buy o/s

Hey, why doesn't anyone try the spareparts backup of all
those grey-importing cheap mailorder joints in Oz??

They sell the kits, they should carry spareparts backup...

Originally posted by TRF_StEvE
...rang oldmate at lhs, said get me this overnight i'll pay whatever it is and freight. np he said. rings me back - part is not at distie until late next month !!!
Honestly if oldmate is worth his customer-service braincells,
he'd have offerred to pull that part out of a kit on his shelf
whilst he waits for TT to supply them.

No way should a legit customer's car be laid up waiting.
Old 04-21-2004, 12:06 AM
Tech Champion

I think its fair game to shop anywhere one likes, as long as its on planet earth

The TT parts supply issue has been the same deal for 8+ years, atleast now days we have alternate suppliers just a few AusPost days away.

Most of my previous Tamiya kits (including $900 414wcr) were purchased locally because i walked into my fav shop and the kits were in stock, even now if i walk into hobbyco and see a spare i want i will buy it, even though its at a premium. The NOW FACTOR is very powerful!!!

My 415 came from Japan because i wanted it early, story was that TT had the kits but held them back until the Trade Fair lol

From what i have seen, most of the local importers get shafted by the OS distro or manufacturer, local distros def do not get the same deal a HK reseller gets.

Last edited by black-knight; 04-21-2004 at 12:12 AM.
Old 04-21-2004, 12:15 AM
Tech Master

people, what do you expect anyway with the rate tamiya are pumping out the new kits. Do you expect the importers to have parts for the 414 surikarn, evo 3, evo 3 surikarn, 415 and soon the Evo 4?

once a new car comes out, all those 414 and evo3 parts are DEAD STOCK, how do you make money off dead stock? and face it if the business isnt making money, then you have no business.

People blast away and criticise the importers and shops when they have not got the slightist idea what actually goes on. The reality is, most importers didnt make their millions from radio control cars, and definately not the racer market. if they were not here, who is going to sponsor events? Stormer Hobbies? tower hobbies? hong kong mail order?

I understand people having to go OS for parts that are not here, hey you cant support the local guy if its not there and he cant get it. But people more often than not get everything overseas, give me one reason why hobby shops should want anything to do with racing, when a guy goes to the track and gets told to go on the net, and is told to forget the LHS.

hobby shops send many newbies down to the track, and they get into racing. I think as a hobby we shouldnt bite the hand that feeds us.

and yes, if more people bought from the LHS, the price would eventually drop.

Kennedy- yes you did say it first, I am sorry.
Old 04-21-2004, 02:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally posted by cantona
The reality is, most importers didnt make their millions from radio control cars, and definately not the racer market. if they were not here, who is going to sponsor events? Stormer Hobbies? tower hobbies? hong kong mail order?

How many events can you name held in australia that are "sponsored" by importers?

Anyway, with the money that can be saved by shopping online and OS, we the racing comunity would have more $$$ in our pocket to support the local club and the local events.
Old 04-21-2004, 03:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I take it this part is carbon fibre plate?

I'd just make one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.