Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Anyone interested in helping to start a offroad track/club in gosford? >

Anyone interested in helping to start a offroad track/club in gosford?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone interested in helping to start a offroad track/club in gosford?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 03:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Anyone interested in helping to start a offroad track/club in gosford?

Need help.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

Originally Posted by RC-Man-X
Need help.
What have you got in mind ?
Old 03-23-2010, 02:35 PM
Tech Rookie

I want to start building a track for the central coast, a permanent track. There is some land that i am able to use in the middle of gosford, so i guess i need people with experience to give me a hand to start it.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Is the land public or private?
Have you got a lap counting system?
Is there a local BMX track nearby? The guys who maintain that would be good to talk for tips etc.
Have you got a bucket load of cash or a sponsor, or a council or state government grant?

If you want people to come and race at your track you will need amenities, or access to them, a driver's stand (that will have to get through council DA/BC process), drainage, a flat area for pitting and public liability insurance (you'll need that for public or private land, about $1500/year). And a thick hide.

There's a fair bit involved.

What specifically do you need to know?

Nick
Old 03-23-2010, 03:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Yeah, thanks that's what i need to know. The land has power+water, amenities lots of parking, flat ground. I don't have the lap counting system and no BMX track nearby. So what i need to know is, how do tracks normally get started?
Old 03-23-2010, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

what ever happened to the track that was in The Entrance ? near the basketball centre and tennis courts

I remember racing 1/10th EP offroad there in the late 80ies to early 90ies.

good times.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vikingen
what ever happened to the track that was in The Entrance ? near the basketball centre and tennis courts

I remember racing 1/10th EP offroad there in the late 80ies to early 90ies.

good times.
That went a long long loooong time ago.
I think it was flatened and Basketball/netball courts built there.
We were only talking about this place the other day and the people i talked to that were lucky enough to have a run on the track say they used to enjoy going there.
But like most clubs on the central coast i think they had problems getting number to meetings and members but i may be wrong.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)

I remember a thread on rctech about a year ago,someone said there was a track still visible on google earth somewhere on the coast.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

All this remembering doesn't help the guy much he has the site just wants to know how to get started. I would do the following:

1) Make up a flyer and take it to your local hobby shops like Caseys and even Frontline in Newcastle and the one ion Hornsby, saying that you want to find people interested in starting a club on the Central Coast.

2) Start a thread such as this one;

3) Talk to the guys at your LHS and see if they know anybody else who is looking;

4) Put a clssified in the local paper;

5) Talk to the parks people at council and see how they can help;

6) There are BMX tracks at Duffy's Road, Terrigal and Sydney Avenue, Umina, find out how they got started and go chat to the kids using them and see if they are into RC.

7) Once you have got 10 or 15 people interested you should have enough people to get started building the track - there are plenty of "how to's" on the web just check them out and also http://www.aarcmcc.org/ so you can design the track around the Australian rules.

8) Beg and borrow the equipment you need to get started and try and find volunteers who are landscapers or tradies with access to earth moving equipment as this is going to be your biggest initial expense.

9) Make sure you have a plan before you start digging!

10) Come to other peoples race days and see how they are run and ask around if anybody is intrerested in helping set up a new track.

Basically, if you are committed and enthusiastic and you find a group of other like minded people you will be able to get what you want, but you will need a decent group of volunteers to get started, just ask anybody who is trying to run a club, you can't do it without committed and enthusiatic members.

Nick
Old 03-23-2010, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

also, whats not been stated or asked is what sort of cars are you planning on racing on the track, is there an interest in the area to create a track, i know living in hornsby, gosford is certainly close enough to get to for club meetings for me, but are u going to run 1/8 or 1/10 off road, with nitro, obviously noise restrictions are an issue, maybe check in if theres an on road club still running up there see if theres any interest there
Old 03-24-2010, 12:30 AM
Tech Rookie

Thank you Nick, you have been a great help.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:18 PM
Tech Rookie

So is anyone interested in a track for the central coast ?
Old 03-25-2010, 07:10 PM
Dal
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Talk to the guys at the Hobby Shed, they were talking about building a track, maybe they could help. Tha shop is at morriset.
Old 04-01-2010, 03:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Smile

Originally Posted by RC-Man-X
So is anyone interested in a track for the central coast ?
RC-Man-X

I was involved in the Gosford on road club and I can tell you we had a lot off questions about offroad, back years ago I know our club where looking for an area we could do both but to no avail. So I can defenitly tell you there are people out there wanting one. As has been said putting an add in the local paper also look at talking to 2GO and putting a day on and see what response. You also have Writeflight on Mans Road and Gosford hobbies at Wyoming. You could also pm hyperdrive and talk to them about their drivers stand and AMBRC timing system.

Noel
Old 04-01-2010, 04:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Ive relocated back to Saratoga (10 mins from Gosford) and would like to somehow help out. I am a carpenter, have tools and other friends who would kill to have am electric off road facility on the Coast. Chris (Besty) has also been talking to council about a site but nothing more than that has come about.
Is this track going to be for 1/10th electric or are we talking 1/8th or larger?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.