Wiki Posts
Search

URGENT KO PROPO - FRIED after LIPO Installed

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
Problemo solved - another happy camper and who the winner in your circle of mates

Also got a email from Ko Propo they basically send back for repairs but at a cost LOL - no point in doing as it will take too long for the overal process.

I just hope i get the new module landed before next week the 14th as i got important club meet to race
You've got a bit more time than that - the meet on the 14th is cancelled as it's the Clipsal weekend. Next meet is the 28th.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Swanny
You've got a bit more time than that - the meet on the 14th is cancelled as it's the Clipsal weekend. Next meet is the 28th.
yeah got a flood of sms in the same response - so thats good news nowi can concentrate on getting the Xray going aswell and bodies for State Tittles and the list goes on!!!
Old 03-01-2010, 11:08 PM
Tech Adept

KO Spektrum module.Ko Mars R transmitter + receiver

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KO Spektrum module,perfect working order.$100.
don,t no if this is what u are after but here it is man hope its what you are looking for
Old 03-02-2010, 12:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have contacted the Ebay seller for full refund and will take action with paypal on this matter for false selling a product with not enough due care instructed for a consumer like myself....
How did you go with this, have you heard anything?? I would be contacting Ebay themselves as well.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Uziman
How did you go with this, have you heard anything?? I would be contacting Ebay themselves as well.
they wont help besides a refund on the lipo, but the lipo works now since the polarity on radio needed to be changed...

couldnt be bothered going through the return process and will take this as a lesson on do some research on Ko Propo Radio....

Its all good - i can live with $100
Old 03-05-2010, 03:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

they wont help besides a refund on the lipo, but the lipo works now since the polarity on radio needed to be changed...

couldnt be bothered going through the return process and will take this as a lesson on do some research on Ko Propo Radio....

Its all good - i can live with $100
I did the same thing with mine. I was able to repair the module with a simple $3 part. what you are looking for is a tantalem capacitor. 47uf 20v or a 47uf-35v will work fine as well.

call around and see if you can find them locally. I have several but I'm in the US.

it's a very simple solder fit. shouldn't take more than a minute or 2.. I fixed mind and haven't had any problems with it since then.

BTW, I did the same thing with the battery, and fried the power switch circuit as well. I just jumped the fried section with wire and got it working good as new.

Good Luck !!
Old 03-10-2010, 04:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Hi Guys

I have a new KO radio and the multi charge cable. Should I be using the JR/Spektrum jack to charge or the Futaba?

PS The best batteries I have found for controllers are the Sanyo Eneloop they last forever.

Cheers
Adrian
Old 03-10-2010, 05:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by vazzo
Hi Guys

I have a new KO radio and the multi charge cable. Should I be using the JR/Spektrum jack to charge or the Futaba?

PS The best batteries I have found for controllers are the Sanyo Eneloop they last forever.

Cheers
Adrian
Use the Futaba one champ... Not JR i have a multi cable kit and the JR i never use....

When i charge i use the back of the radio to charge, but now since i have the LIPO battery i will do differantly

Cheers
Frankie
Old 03-10-2010, 08:42 PM
Tech Addict

the charger will detect that the battery has been reversed if u do use the wrong cable through the charging jack anyway
Old 03-24-2010, 03:42 AM
Tech Elite

hey guys i tried to contact Japan KO PROPO to get my old Module that is damaged repaired, but no answer, anyone else know someone who can fix the fried Module?

Cheers

Frankie
Old 03-24-2010, 03:50 AM
occ
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

hey guys i tried to contact Japan KO PROPO to get my old Module that is damaged repaired, but no answer, anyone else know someone who can fix the fried Module?

Cheers

Frankie
Just post it back to them. I did this with my radio then received an email from them shortly after.

See the last page of your manual for address details and what they require you to do.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Cheers

Frankie
did you see my post above? it's very likely you can fix it very easily with a $5 part.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by briankstan
did you see my post above? it's very likely you can fix it very easily with a $5 part.
cheers mate