Search

A question regarding prices- and online stores

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 07:00 AM
Tech Initiate

Default errr !?!?

Ok guys.

Really this is getting ridiculous.

Let me start off by saying Im a complete newbie to the hobby, why have I taken this hobby up? well after a few friends demonstrated on how quick they went and how cool they looked I just 'had' to get one.

Everyone I spoke to in Adelaide told me to go for a cheap "ready to race" kit since I was a beginner. I had friends telling me not to get a cheap kit as in the long run it would be more cost effective, downside to that... well I had to fork out a lot more upfront. No biggie.

This is where it started, I made enquries around Adelaide, no one had the TRF 415 in stock. Prices were super high, being a seller on eBay I decided to look online at all the RC shops in Australia and match their prices.

The online store I originally went to was the first shop where I made my first and only enquiry and they "were" helpful, however as the weeks dragged on things took longer to respond too, my emails. My return phone calls etc. Maybve they were getting annoyed me me? I dont know. I was spending over 1,000.

Funny though when I said I was ready to pay they were quick to respond.. anyways thats besides the point.

However, during this time I decided to look elsewhere, looking up discussion boards as to which chassis are good, bad etc and this is when I saw the post on RC master website (being a new store) I decided to send them the quote I received and if they could better the price, to cut a very long story short. Yes they beat it. No problems.

This brings me to the subject of why this post was made initially, the first online store had been quoting me non GST prices, which I thought was very misleading. Not once did they mention that the price quotes were pre GST. They even charged me more on specific items (stated on the invoice) when on their website it was actually cheaper.

They knew I was new to the hobby, they took advantage of me plain and simple.

If the original online store had quoted me prices GST inclusive I still wouldve purchased the package from them, since they did provide me with some information.

However based on principle I decided not too as I was frustrated at the fact that they did what they did. I even sent them an email about it, and guess what? They havent even bothered to reply.

If you guys seriously think rcmasters and myself have anything to with each other then you need to re-think again.

And if you really want to see all the nitty gritty details please send me a pvt msg I will show you all, and name the store however I will not name the store on a public discussion board though.

Look, I plan to enjoy this new hobby and visit these forums as much as possible and to learn at the same time. I dont want to cause any problems, I will be asking lots more questions when I receive my package so I can only hope that you experts out there can provide me with the info I need.

Sorry for the long winded post......

Piggywere
Old 04-02-2004, 07:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: A question

Originally posted by Timmy2qik
Isnt it funny how RCMASTER, Piggy & Ratter were all registered in March 2004 & the only posts any of them seem to make is in this or the RCMASTER thread?

Such a transparent way to promote yourselves!
this would even be easier for a admin/moderator to verify,

the Ip addresses have been logged every time a post is made,

they can quite quickly verify if they are infact the same person,
Old 04-02-2004, 01:29 PM
rjl
Tech Fanatic

All I can say is if you buy anything unseen you get what you deserve. Anyone new should be researching the local hobby shops, there is usually someone there who knows what's going on in local racing and they deserve to be able to make a living out of it. Some newbies who get into this sport need hours of help getting things right and this has to be factored into the overall price. I have rarely ever seen a first time build job done correctly and full size motor mechanics are the worst, if you are thinking of starting out go to your local shops and talk to the guys behind the jump and purchase from the most helpful, it may save you more than you gain buying online.
Old 04-02-2004, 03:16 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: A question

Isnt it funny how RCMASTER, Piggy & Ratter were all registered in March 2004 & the only posts any of them seem to make is in this or the RCMASTER thread?

Whatever happened to giving someone the benefit of the doubt...
Old 04-02-2004, 07:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Lightbulb Re: Re: A question

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Andrew_XXXs
Whatever happened to giving someone the benefit of the doubt... [/QUOTE

We're glad that someone is on our side. We have just fulfilled an order for Piggy, and he will receive his nice new TRF very shortly.

And as for Andrew, we will give you a 2.5% discount on your first purchase of any item you choose from our web site.

Thankyou for your support.

Kind regards,

The Manager
RC Master International
[email protected]
www.rcmaster.net.au
Old 04-02-2004, 07:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Exclamation Re: A question

To further clarify RC Master International's position - Piggy, and Ratter are in no way associated with RC Master International. They are not employees of, or financially associated in any matter and to claim as such is considered deformation against our company trading name and business.

In addition, RC Master International officially started trading on the 19th of March 2003, and this is by no means coincidental either.

Of course, all forums are a good way of self promotion. However we believe that the quality of our web site, prices and customer focus speek for themselves.

To have great feed back is what we are about, and we promote customers to be proactive and tell us where we need improvement. We thank Piggy and Ratter - and Andrewxxx for their support and we would hope that you will also support us in our effort to provide a better than average RC racer focused online retail outlet.

Should you choose to buy with us, we won't let you down.

Kind regards,

The Manager
RC Master International
[email protected]
www.rcmaster.net.au
Old 04-02-2004, 11:18 PM
Tech Adept

who cares about rcmasters, back to the point, yes it is illigal contact the ATO.
Old 04-04-2004, 05:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

On the topic of online stores, buying a product from overseas, would we get charged GST ?
Are there any fees that we might be charged aswell ?

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-04-2004, 05:16 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by elim
On the topic of online stores, buying a product from overseas, would we get charged GST ?
Are there any fees that we might be charged aswell ?

Thanks in advance.
From my experience and what I heard so far, there is no GST if the value of the goods are under $500.
Old 04-04-2004, 07:05 AM
Tech Adept

Ive been pricing RC items lately from both Online shops(in Australia) and ringing around LHS ,,I must say the cheapest prices came from Online shops (to be expected) but what was to my surprise was that the Better and bigger well known LHS's witch prides themselves as being a RACERS LHS was in fact the most expensive (by $20 more) than the other smaller LHS ,,

I understand that LHS have overheads that need to be covered and every hoby shop will BRAG about there level of service given to their coustmers ,,what i carnt understand is when the dealers of products sell certain ITEMs to the Shops at say example $50 ,and then the bigger hobby shops sell it for $100 to us, but the smaller hobby shops sell it for $80, but the larger LHS would argue that they have to charge more as to ensure that they can still offer their level of coustmers service ,,

To me i can get the same level of service from a tiny shop as what i could from a bigger shop but pay more at the bigger one,,

IT carnt be shop size that makes a bigger and more established shop charge $20 more than the smaller one for the same thing, or do they charge more cause they offer in THEIR opion that they give better coustmer service.

In real terms like any other area of selling to the public ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY thats going into the Till weather they be a Online shop or your local friendly LHS

I can understand that for a newbie that some LHS offer better service than others do,and in that case Service to the coustmer is very important

But once ya know what ya are doing save up heaps of cash go and buy a bulk lot of ITEMS that youll need for a year and try to cut out the middle man ,,it will save you time ,headaces and money ,,

Last edited by aussiedanny; 04-04-2004 at 07:16 AM.