Wiki Posts
Search

2010 'Stayin Alive' Update for Cars Parts for Charity 'RC Guys Rule'

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 06:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Red face 2010 'Stayin Alive' Update for Cars Parts for Charity 'RC Guys Rule'

Hello to all the Young and Old, Good Looking and ......... well those fitting my category, the Awesome, the kind and Generous Current Supporters and a very special 'HELLO' to those looking for the first time.

Welcome to Teen RC Christmas Project 2011
(Is it better to give or to get?)

G'day all,

Sorry for the delay in information.

I have for some time now been trying to make contact with the families in Grantham who were devistated and lost lives in the resent QLD floods.
I have kept the cars from this years giving to give them as to me they seemed to be some young people who really needed a reason to smile. In particular I was trying to get in contact with the young lad and his Father who lost his Mum and Brother trying to survive in a bushfire truck. This young lads mum was on the news the night before after saving a woman who had ignored a warning sign and driven into the flood waters and had to be saved; you might remember the ones? Anyway through various contacts I have had my details left with a contact in the area and will soon be able to give the young lad - Zack and a couple of others some gifts to hopefully give a reason for a smile in this less than happy time.

I'll upload the details and I hope a photo once the giving has been done.

Kind regards Mark.

One specific call for support: I have only a very small supply of chargers (Nicad & NiMh) this year and I desparately need any that maybe lying around and no longer being used; if you can help me out please PM me.

SOME PROJECT HISTORY: After a very successful year in 2009/10 with the amazing support of the Australian RC Community, the project has given away 25 cars, complete with batteries and chargers. It is now 2011 and we are starting again.

Teen RC Christmas Project (TRCCP) is an awesome little project to help disadvantaged young people with very little of anything, young people suffering severe illness and those with disabilities, to have a reason to smile this comming Christmas. The idea is to allow them to experience the same thrill we all get whilst doing what we all love to do - Drive, Race and sometimes fix, RC cars and buggies!!

Last year I had a visit from a youth worker representing some of the kids we gave cars to and she said one of the kids asked her "what have I done to deserve being given a gift" All she could say was "I love you and put forward your name".

This sort of question and answer is for me what this project is all about and why I often ignore my pain and get up in the morning despite it.

I need no more of a reason to give, than a recognition of kids in need, a little time and a source of generous and kind Aussies providing me with the materials to say "we care and we don't need a reason" Children and teenagers are especially loved by Jesus and are, regardless of background, our wishes, education, colour or cread, our countries future.

SO HOW DOES THIS PROJECT WORK?

I started this project due to becoming very ill in 2004 and finding the illness had progressed to a point in late 2008, that I could no longer work. I had a very big decision to make, to either curl up and let the illness destroy me, or do something to help keep the symptoms at bay as long as possible. I had for a long time noted a group of young people who seemed to always miss out at Christmas, the ones no longer fitting the cute and cuddly tag; so this is what I decided to do to help.

I am seeking all those forgotten radio controlled cars, partly built projects, broken models, Batteries, chargers, accessories for electric cars, or just that box of spare parts taking up space in your cupboards or shed?

Don’t know what to do with them? Perhaps you would like to donate them, or something, in order to help someone at Christmas time have a reason to smile and get a chance to enjoy the thrill of Radio Control?

I build and repair as many cars as I can from spare parts by Christmas, to give away to the Teenage young people, those not quite fitting the 'Cute & Cuddly group any more. The cute and cuddly ones are kindly and generously looked after by loving and caring Australians, so this is a way in my opinion to help a less looked after group.

I have a small budget to buy items, but I am not rich so please don’t contact me if you are looking to make a lot of money from a sale. This is to help those teenagers in need, not to help me personally.

Please call me, 'I'M THE RC CAR RECYCLER' and let’s see if we can make a deal.

A comprehensive list of the type of items you can give are on the following page from 2009 http://www.rctech.net/forum/australi...guys-rule.html

Any form of help toward this project can be of great benefit to achieve its aim; many thanks in anticipation.

Yours Sincerely

Mark Baker - TRCCP Coordinater Etc

SO WHAT HAPPENED IN 2009?

Follow these links for all the 2009 Messages, car photos, gift giving photos and general fun and games:

Finished cars, Gift giving

http://www.rctech.net/forum/australi...guys-rule.html

The story, Parts required, Supporters for 2009

http://www.rctech.net/forum/australi...guys-rule.html

WHO SUPPORTS THIS PROJECT?

Well anyone can; here are our Awesome supporters from 2009 and those already supporting the project for 2010

THESE ARE OUR GENEROUS SUPPORTERS SO FAR: You Guys are Awesome!!!!

2009 SUPPORTERS

Mark Wallin (Nice Guy, Great buy, Sweet generous gift),

John Telek (ACT) (Heavy Boxes!, Awesomely generous guy),

Philip Yabsley:Boss Compressors Brisbane (Pumped up Business Dude),

Tom Clifford (Saint Ives RC Club - Santa's Helper & great guy),

Your Choice Tyre and Mechanical (Garry & Janelle, Kind Aussi's),

Steve (Old Generous Skoolie) and 6 Year old Daniel (Your the man),

Tony from Wynnum QLD (True Aussi, willing, kind and generous),

Ric Baker (A young man, standing up to help someone have a reason to smile)

Antony Howard & Knox RC Club Melbourne (Super Powered kind Givers),

Jaxon from Wicked Toys Brisbane (Cool generous business Guy)

Darryn - RETRO RC (What awesome gifts, incredible generous man),

Dave Stevens and Son (Awesome guys, Hearts of Gold),

Graham (The neighbourley inverted flying Teacher, Ha!),

Matrix101 (Great Guy, Great Bargin),

Ashley Cobb (Cool kind Awesomely generous Dude),

JAYCAR electronics Brisbane (Outstanding donation- setting the standard for the Retail/Wholesalers),

MICROGRAPIX (What an Awesome Guy and a truly wonderful generous heart),

Rick McIntyre (Firefighter Teacher Adventurer & Kind Mate)

Ruben at the RC PIT (Caused the retailer/wholesaler comment to be removed, Awesome Donation)

Dan Baker (A very kind caring heart - awesomely generous gift)

Frank Simon (Whilst he doesn"t speak like an Aussi, his heart is 100% pure Australian!)

Brian & Roncia (Wonderful old couple, just wanted to help out! - how cool is that?)

Corney and Rob (Truely generous guys, great priced item and awesome generous gifts)

Brendan Cooper (Great guy, Great buy, generous heart)

AUSSIEHOBBIES.COM (Friendly guys, very generous and are also Queenslanders, how cool)

Sam Hawke (Fantastic, generous, kind Queenslander)

Aaron (hugely generous, Good old Queenslander and a bit of a mind reader without knowing)

Tojey (great deal, what a champion)

Darryn Johnson (what an incredibly generous guy, busy with family, yet not too busy to help others)

Harry (Blis) (Great and timely gift; a wonderful guy helping to holding up the QLD end)

Chris Dempsey (A fantastic quietly spoken generous young man who understands the word giving and of course he's a Queenslander)

David Huyhn (An awesome, wonderful and free giving young man, working hard toward a great future and to help others)

Drifter24 (Fantastic generous deal, for badly needed items)

Peter Stitt (one very generous man, who has supplied the badly needed finishing touch to the Hope House Gifts, Awesome)

2010 supporters start here

Chris Dempsey (An awesome return supporter)

BJ - Grassrootsracer - A Multiple Supporter (Wonderful local guy with a very kind and generous heart; brilliant gifts!)

Darrin Davis (What an awesomely generous gift, a truley kind hearted guy; You have a heart of Gold)

John and Jeff at TrackSideRC Brendale (Great guys and kind hearted, awesome gift)

Don (Butch) (A truely generous kind young guy with a heart of gold, and another Queenslander, yeh!)

Shane Gillies- darthsnouty - A Multiple Supporter (This man is an awesome Aussi with a kind generous heart........They are classed as Aussies over in WA anrn't they?)

Daniel (Yet another awesome kind and generous young man from Bunbury WA)

Conrad Hoskin - tamiya_d1_junky ( Wonderful generous kind Queenslander)

David - dee_vee_eight, Ray and Michael- A Multiple Supporter (These are some incredibly, amazingly, awesome guys, with hearts as big as Australia)( David you are awesome)

James Poustie - booked (Big boxes, awesomely kind and generous young sole)

Steve Lawson - bigstever31 (Transmitted the true values of being an Aussi, very generous)

Alex Lyall - al3x - A Multiple Supporter (Fantastic gift, wonderful supporter with an awesomely generous heart)

Jason Green - Heliman (What an awesome hearted guy, terrific gift all the way from the bottom of Victoria)

Jamie from Roma (Your kindness is awesome, thankyou for your generosity)

Meakin Park Off Road Club (Your kindness and generosity is awesome; You guys Rock!)

Top Racing - Rod M (topracing.net.au) A Multiple Supporter (Mind blowing gift, a recyclers gold nugget, hugely generous)

Adriano - adriano87dj - A Multiple Supporter (awesome gift, generous young New South Welshman, Awesome)

Charles - cielo1889 - A Multiple Supporter (Great deal, terrific young man)

PANDA GFX CUSTOM DECALS (What an amazing person and what a unique idea, Awesome)

........ YOUR NAME COULD BE HERE AS WELL!...........

If you wish to remain Anonymous or prefer a Username only; please specify in any communications.

A VERY BIG THANK YOU TO ALL THE RC COMMUNITY FOR YOUR TRUST AND FAITH IN HELPING ME MAKE THIS PROJECT WORK............YOUR DONATIONS HAVE BEEN AND ARE STILL MIND BLOWING!!.

CHECK OUT THE 2010 GIFT CARS COMPLETED SO FAR, READY FOR GIVING THIS CHRISTMAS. See below in my reply's (Every gift includes Box, Batteries and Charger)

Some photo's of recent gifts below; AWESOME!!
Attached Thumbnails 2010 'Stayin Alive' Update for Cars Parts for Charity 'RC Guys Rule'-top-racing-gift.jpg   2010 'Stayin Alive' Update for Cars Parts for Charity 'RC Guys Rule'-davids-new-gifts.jpg   2010 'Stayin Alive' Update for Cars Parts for Charity 'RC Guys Rule'-alexs-next-gift.jpg   2010 'Stayin Alive' Update for Cars Parts for Charity 'RC Guys Rule'-darrin-2010-gift1.jpg   2010 'Stayin Alive' Update for Cars Parts for Charity 'RC Guys Rule'-all-stickers-2.jpg  

Last edited by TipTop; 02-06-2011 at 04:39 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Wow - you listed me twice mate!!(Darryn Johnson - RETRO R/C) - now I feel even more obliged to help you this year!

I have been going through some old gear and cars - there will be more cars and electronics coming your way this year from me, and I am sure, many other of your current and new supporters as well.

THANK YOU for the chance to make a childs life a little more exciting and enriched. You are doing a great thing. Thankyou also for the tremendous appreciation certificate - it's hanging up in my workshop now!

Get behind this guys - look at the smiling faces of the kids in the other threads - makes it all worthwhile.

Cheers

Darryn
Old 01-06-2010, 11:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

G,day Mark,
I received a nice surprise in the mail today from you. Thank you very much for the certificate, my son was pleased when I told him what it was for.
All the best for this year.

Regards,
Darrin
Old 01-07-2010, 01:42 AM
Tech Adept

Red face

Thanks Darrin, It was my pleasure, your support was awesome.

To the other Darryn (Johnson)

The reason your on there twice mate is because your special; it doesn't happen to just anyone! LMAO!!!!

To everyone else, take notice of these men, they know what they're talking about.

GO TEAM!!!!!!!!

Kind regards Mark.

CHECK IT OUT 2010 CHRISTMAS GIFT 1 BELOW
Attached Thumbnails 2010 'Stayin Alive' Update for Cars Parts for Charity 'RC Guys Rule'-vip-s.jpg   2010 'Stayin Alive' Update for Cars Parts for Charity 'RC Guys Rule'-vip-s-2.jpg   2010 'Stayin Alive' Update for Cars Parts for Charity 'RC Guys Rule'-vip-s-3.jpg  

Last edited by TipTop; 11-28-2010 at 05:38 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:14 PM
Tech Adept

Red face New supporters and photos of new donations posted

Hi everyone,

I have some awesome new supporters and have posted photos of their very kind donations.

Thank you for the very generous support, I really appreciate it.

My warmest regards Mark.

CHECK OUT THE 2010 CHRISTMAS GIFT # 2 BELOW
Attached Thumbnails 2010 'Stayin Alive' Update for Cars Parts for Charity 'RC Guys Rule'-xmb4-s.jpg   2010 'Stayin Alive' Update for Cars Parts for Charity 'RC Guys Rule'-xmb4-s-2.jpg   2010 'Stayin Alive' Update for Cars Parts for Charity 'RC Guys Rule'-xmb4-s-3.jpg  

Last edited by TipTop; 11-28-2010 at 05:44 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:34 PM
Tech Adept

Red face G'day again Folks

G'day everyone,

it's been a little while, but just to let you know all is going well and I've had some fantastic offers of cars and parts which will help tremendously when they arrive.

I hope you are all well and are experiencing the beginnings of an awesome new year.

My warmest regards and a huge thanks for your support, Mark.

CHECK OUT THE 2010 CHRISTMAS GIFT # 3 BELOW
Attached Thumbnails 2010 'Stayin Alive' Update for Cars Parts for Charity 'RC Guys Rule'-xt2-s.jpg   2010 'Stayin Alive' Update for Cars Parts for Charity 'RC Guys Rule'-xt2-s-2.jpg   2010 'Stayin Alive' Update for Cars Parts for Charity 'RC Guys Rule'-xt2-s-3.jpg  

Last edited by TipTop; 11-28-2010 at 05:46 PM.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:44 PM
Tech Adept

Red face I'm moving soon

G'day to all my most awesome supporters.

I'm in the packing process still, to move homes sometime in the next few weeks and once established in our new home I will have a chance to set up a new workshop.

We intend to end up around Coloundra QLD and a new address will be comming soon.

My illness is degenerating slowly, but I still enjoy getting up most days and am looking forward to a more user friendly work area at our new home which will help me greatly.

Finished cars will begin to show on the Forum around mid year at this stage, so keep a look out for anything you recognise.

The support I'm recieving is as last year - MIND BLOWING, so thank so much you to all those incredibly generous hearts.

Remember a smile is worth more than words can say! and

I need no more of a reason to give, than a recognition of kids in need, a little time and a source of generous and kind Aussies providing me with the materials to say "we care and we don't need a reason"

Warmest regards Mark.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:41 PM
Tech Adept

Red face More new support

Thanks guys for all the new support. Photos of the new gifts are now available on the main thread to view.

Cheers Mark.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:21 PM
Tech Adept

Red face More new gifts now showing

Thank you RC Community for your continued support this year.

My warmest regards Mark.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:53 PM
Tech Adept

Red face Awesome new donations

I have just recieved some awesome new donations guys; please check out the gift photo I have uploaded.

Thank you also for the resent offers. Can you please send them soon as I may have to shift at very short notice due to my discharge from the military.

Please drop me a PM if your unsure or if you need me to help with freight.

Thank you again Australian RC Community; you guys are awesome!!!!!

Kind regards Mark.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:58 PM
Tech Adept

Default Awesome new gift

Hi Guys,

I have just uploaded an awesome new donation from Rod at Top Racing Australia. Check it out on the main page in the donation photos.

A huge thank you, regards Mark.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:36 PM
Tech Adept

Default A new good deal and a gift

Hi again guys, please note the photos of a new great deal and an awesome gift I recently recieved.

Regards Mark.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:33 PM
Tech Adept

Red face Sorry for the inactivity

Hi every one,

sorry for not saying much for a while, but be assured everything is still working toward this Christmases gifts.

I have had everything packed ready to move into our first home in about 6 weeks, so all production has stopped. I have my own large work area in the new l;ocation to help me work on this years gifts, so everything shuld be in production by Jul.

For anyone having promised help and donations, please contact me as soon as possible so no parcels are lost in the move.

I will upload all the new details as soon as I'm set up and I'll put up some photos of the new workshop in coming months.

Please be patient in the next month or two as we move and if there is a delay in communications.

Again folks thank you so much for your awesome support over the last year and a bit; your support has done its job and given many kids a reason to smile!!! Awesome.

My kindest regards to you all, Mark.

Last edited by TipTop; 05-18-2010 at 05:22 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:21 PM
Tech Adept

Red face I'm about to move

Hi Guys,

well we move next week so please expect delays in communication, as the move will need me to also change Internet providers.

If you wish to contact me send a PM and I will contact you as soon as possible once I have Internet access again.

Kind regards Mark.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hi Mark
have you got your new address yet?
Is there an arranged drop off point in Sydney, I know Tom helped out last year,
cheers
Steve
p.s Hope everything's alright with you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.