Search

1/12 scale Racing

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 03:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default 1/12 scale Racing

Hi All
Just though I would start a new thread just for 1/12 scale. The little cars seem to becoming a bit more popular and now with lipos introduced it makes the battery maintenance issue a thing of the past if this is the way you choose to go.
I ran my car today with single cell using the Novak smart boost and a 4.5 X-12 LRP SPX and made runtime easy. After 8.5 minutes plus one lap at Whalan it was still showing 5 red flashes on the smart boost which is >3.51v and the motor was not very warm at all.
There was heaps of grip out there so didnt have to take it easy at all.
Adding to this I am also running the FASST system and deliberately routed the aerial past the motor wires to see if I would glitch. No issue at all except for lack of driver talent.
Brett
Old 10-08-2009, 04:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Got my motor and speedy in my L4....just waiting on the booster to turn up...still wondering if im going to dremel the chassis or try and velcro the lipo in...damn t-bar lol

Yeah yeah ill get in running eventually.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hey there..

I have got still new in the box an AE RC12R5. Got 2 lipo Intellect 1C 5000mAh, the Novak smart boost, Novak GTB with fan removed (may need to cut the fins off) but only running a tekin 17.5. Not going to rob the TC yet.

Plan on building it very soon. Wanted all parts in the box ready before i commence.

I love the look of these bodies. I have a HB C12 mach1 so i have to paint the little dude sitting in the car. So looking forward to it.

Ran my mates pan just the other day for the first time eva and loved it.. not nearly as fast as the TC, but on the short track made mince meat of it. His was only running a 10.5T.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by barts71m
Got my motor and speedy in my L4....just waiting on the booster to turn up...still wondering if im going to dremel the chassis or try and velcro the lipo in...damn t-bar lol

Yeah yeah ill get in running eventually.
Dude
I think Besercoe runs his lipo down one side and Rx and esc down the other.
Brett

Originally Posted by Stangas
Hey there..

I have got still new in the box an AE RC12R5. Got 2 lipo Intellect 1C 5000mAh, the Novak smart boost, Novak GTB with fan removed (may need to cut the fins off) but only running a tekin 17.5. Not going to rob the TC yet.

Plan on building it very soon. Wanted all parts in the box ready before i commence.

I love the look of these bodies. I have a HB C12 mach1 so i have to paint the little dude sitting in the car. So looking forward to it.

Ran my mates pan just the other day for the first time eva and loved it.. not nearly as fast as the TC, but on the short track made mince meat of it. His was only running a 10.5T.
Hey
There is a whispering around of a lower power class like the 17.5 but I dont know of anyone doing any testing yet. You would be able to gear it through the roof I suppose. I have run 70+ rollout with 17.5 with my 1/10 pan.
Brett
Old 10-09-2009, 03:12 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah thats the way ive got it going on. Just trying to work out the best way to keep the lipo from falling out lol...Doesnt have too many slots i can tape it in without some dremel action.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by barts71m
Yeah thats the way ive got it going on. Just trying to work out the best way to keep the lipo from falling out lol...Doesnt have too many slots i can tape it in without some dremel action.
Can you pad up each side of the T-bar so you can straddle it with the lipo? The 1C lipos are thin try mine for size on Sunday......that sounded bad sorry.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:36 AM
Tech Elite

Not sure im going to make it to Whalan...my last weekend free before speedway kicks off...ill work something out. Velcro seems a good option atm lol
Old 10-09-2009, 05:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default :)

Hey all,

I'm in bunbury WA. I'm running a RC12R5 with a GTB 4cell, 10.5 brushless and nimh's. Went with the nimh's cause heaps cheaper and thats what the other guys down here were using. We dont have a class as such yet for 1/12th as there weren't enough people with them before. But now the numbers are increasing.

I know there are some 1 cell saddle packs coming out to accomodate lipos for 1/12 T-Bar style pan cars.

If theres anyone else around Bunbury with a 1/12th let me know and we can organise a day to go out and have a hack around.

Anyone else running the 12R5 on asphalt? any setup tips?

Alex
Old 10-10-2009, 09:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default 12L4

Bart71m,

I have just set up my 12L4 with a single cell lipo on the left side with ESC and Receiver on the other, I looked at packing each side to run lipo accross the T-bar but would have to do some modification to T-bar mounts and lift the shock higher to clear the lipo,but in the end I dremeled the chassis so I could used a velcro strap and too stop sideways movement of the cell I also added a small square of D/S tape to stop that as well.

I havent ran it yet but I am looking forward to trying the lipo,10.5 tekin combo out,cheers.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

hey guys.

We have a heap of guys wanting to run 12th scale at our local club in Boronia. We also want to run at other clubs in Vic to get a good turn out. Pan car has been dead in Victoria.
what rules do you guys run? open, 17.5 stock?
Old 10-16-2009, 06:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mild seven
hey guys.

We have a heap of guys wanting to run 12th scale at our local club in Boronia. We also want to run at other clubs in Vic to get a good turn out. Pan car has been dead in Victoria.
what rules do you guys run? open, 17.5 stock?
Tom, for club racing run the cars with 10.5 single cell. That would probably be the most popular for club racing. Although ive heard Boronia is small... So maybe 17.5.... 12th scales are great to drive.... When they are working right. Hope that some of you guys in vic start running them so the class can grow even more in Australia

Antoni
Old 10-16-2009, 10:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

i do like the idea of the 10.5T and 1 cell.

So is that like the normal set up? We in WA are too few also. But slowly growing.

Can 4 cells and 1C be raced together? If so, there must be a different motor config for each battery type.

Don't know, just starting 1/12 as mentioned before.. still yet to build it. got a mini gearbox to do first.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stangas
i do like the idea of the 10.5T and 1 cell.

So is that like the normal set up? We in WA are too few also. But slowly growing.

Can 4 cells and 1C be raced together? If so, there must be a different motor config for each battery type.

Don't know, just starting 1/12 as mentioned before.. still yet to build it. got a mini gearbox to do first.
The normall setup for 12th scale is with a mod motor, but a 10.5 class at club level is pretty fast. On a medium size technicall track a 10.5 12th scale would have similar lap times to a mod touring car, when they are setup correctly. This would be on a high grip track..

4cell nimh and 1 cell can be run together. I dont think there would be much difference if everyone used a 10.5 motor. At a club meet here a lpo powered car beat the rest of the field, who were using nimh 10.5. Its all in car setup and driving in 12th scale racing.

Antoni
Old 10-16-2009, 07:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

anyone running 1/12th at Whalan with lipo?

interested to see what the wind of choice is as I have not seen the track out there
Old 10-16-2009, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ben73
anyone running 1/12th at Whalan with lipo?

interested to see what the wind of choice is as I have not seen the track out there
I have run 4.5, 4.0 and am thinking about a 3.5 but it will be close for runtime. 4 turn is pretty quick and made runtime easy but it was a bit dirty but still good to drive, pretty easy to light up the rears.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.