Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/12 scale Racing

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 03:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Most people run purple front and pink rear tires. If you cant get on power or dont have enough rear grip, the tires might be the problem. Blacks are pretty hard for asphalt racing.

Antoni
Old 10-21-2009, 09:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

ive attached a pic of my car. just waiting on some tyres from Amain then its ready to go.

1/12 scale Racing-dsc00211.jpg
Old 10-21-2009, 09:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HaraR40
Is anyone running a 4cell nimh/10.5t Associated 12R5? if so,
What sort of setup are you using on asphalt tracks? We have a medium grip/bumpy outdoor track. I'm running soft centre spring and stock silver side and front springs, oils as per the kit instructions. slight toe out and about -1 degree camber. I'm not sure what to run as far as shock oils goes and have no idea what to run as far as caster/reactive caster go, i just built as per kit manual. currently i have jacop magenta fronts and parma black rears with a HB C12 mark 2 body and a parma speed 12 body. i want to get some double pink fronts to try. All our stuff has to be shipped as local shops dont do 1/12 stuff traction compound was sunscreen, now have some paragon ground effects

can anyone help me? let me know what your running

cheers
Alex
with outdoor racing you cant go wrong with Speedmind 12th scale tyres since the tyre make from gas car tyre compound so it works great on asphalt and last much more longer then pink.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:58 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Yokomo_Ant3
Most people run purple front and pink rear tires. If you cant get on power or dont have enough rear grip, the tires might be the problem. Blacks are pretty hard for asphalt racing.

Antoni
cool that's what i ordered
Old 10-22-2009, 04:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default ...

Antoni
Are they Jaco colours or the parmas your talking about?
What speedminds? do they have colours too?
i only got the blacks cause they were 2.99 a pair from stormerhobbies a while ago.
I'll look into the speedminds. i want to try a whole bunch and see what goes the best.

Any recommendation on shock oil weight?
Old 10-22-2009, 04:46 AM
Tech Elite

Are they Jaco colours or the parmas your talking about?
What speedminds? do they have colours too?
i only got the blacks cause they were 2.99 a pair from stormerhobbies a while ago.
I'll look into the speedminds. i want to try a whole bunch and see what goes the best.

Any recommendation on shock oil weight?
Jacos, and i think parmas should be similar. 40shore is roughly purple. 30 is pink 30wt shock oil Works well for most. With a softish spring. Blue or lower.

Antoni
Old 10-25-2009, 10:15 AM
Tech Addict

Default ...

has anyone tried the GRP 1/12 tyres on asphalt? what colours for front and rear are good? how do they compare to jaco's?
Old 10-25-2009, 10:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

has anyone tried the GRP 1/12 tyres on asphalt? what colours for front and rear are good? how do they compare to jaco's?
Bones (Dean) has them, he likes the tyres. They are a big tyre like the speedmind, was measuing them yesterday. But no idea what shore he has.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:15 AM
Tech Addict

Default ...

well, i just got an email back from GRP after asking what compound i should use. They no longer make 1/12 tires.... only whats left in stores and then its all over....
Jacos it is then
Old 10-26-2009, 04:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default GRP

Better stock up on some GRP pink rears
Old 10-26-2009, 04:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Is anyone running a 4cell nimh/10.5t Associated 12R5? if so,
What sort of setup are you using on asphalt tracks? We have a medium grip/bumpy outdoor track. I'm running soft centre spring and stock silver side and front springs, oils as per the kit instructions. slight toe out and about -1 degree camber. I'm not sure what to run as far as shock oils goes and have no idea what to run as far as caster/reactive caster go, i just built as per kit manual. currently i have jacop magenta fronts and parma black rears with a HB C12 mark 2 body and a parma speed 12 body. i want to get some double pink fronts to try. All our stuff has to be shipped as local shops dont do 1/12 stuff traction compound was sunscreen, now have some paragon ground effects

can anyone help me? let me know what your running

cheers
Alex
Hi Alex.

i had my first run at my local track (low grip asphalt).

pretty much running the same setup as u except with the S120.
shock oil i run 20wt. I am also using a protoform Speed 12 shell.

the best tyre combination i found was blacks up front with yellows on the rear. Purple front/white rears also worked pretty good but i think it needs sunscreen on the rear tyres to make it a tad more planted. This is with jaco prisms.

hope that helps a bit
Old 10-26-2009, 01:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Wonder what sort of turnout we will have for the Nationals.
Seem to be a few of us 1/12 scalers out there are any of you interstaters coming to play?
Brett
Old 10-26-2009, 10:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Badman Racer
Wonder what sort of turnout we will have for the Nationals.
Seem to be a few of us 1/12 scalers out there are any of you interstaters coming to play?
Brett
Yea check out the entry list, i think its up to 14 now There are 2 or 3 coming up from SA. I know there are a hanfull of guys coming from Vic. Should be a good turnout, looking forward to it.

Hope to meet alot of you 12th scale guru's there.

Antoni
Old 10-27-2009, 12:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yea check out the entry list, i think its up to 14 now There are 2 or 3 coming up from SA. I know there are a hanfull of guys coming from Vic. Should be a good turnout, looking forward to it.

Hope to meet alot of you 12th scale guru's there.

Antoni
No guru here Antoni.
The guru be kyle.
I have only been running my 1/12 for a couple of months off the back of losing interest in racing.
So what I did is went from stock to mod and after failing to revive 1/10 pan, costly exercise in itself, decided to run 1/12 because of the great drivers I knew running 1/12. Noone wants to run into you for fear of breaking something, my kind of racing.
Will be great to catch up and do battle.
I am trying as hard as possible to get me and my car into the A main come nats if the rc gods are good to me I should be ok.
Mod TC, now thats a different story. My car is way faster than me at the moment but I have the love back for racing so I cant ask for any more.
Brett
Old 10-27-2009, 12:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 1/12 scale

need some help people im buying a 1/12 scale team associtad 12L4 wat lipos will fit into them and will a battery like yous put in a tc5 will them kind of barreys fit in a team associtad 12L4 ??? any help will do and any setup tips that will help me out as ive never run 1/12 scale before cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.