Wiki Posts
Search

2009 Knox Vintage Enduro at Keilor!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 05:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gee-tek
Question is about motors. Will a Johnson 540 or sports tuned last 4 hours straight?

Piers
If they are geared to run warm and not for "kill" mode that normal (??) 540 drivers use , then they should last forever

Cheers

Shane
Old 10-07-2009, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Sports Tuned motors are quite fast at times but tend to overheat the little arms that hold the brushes to the comm. resulting in failure when used for extended periods of time. A brushless equivelent would be the ultimate replacement and would make for the very best competition in my opinion.
Speaking from experience these meets are a lot of fun especialy if you can keep your vintage classic in one peice

I might have to pull out a silver clean, give it a clean and see if I can get atleast 2 hours of constant running and make my mind up from there.

Last edited by J.M.; 10-07-2009 at 08:26 PM.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Another newbie

Hi guys, i`ve just entered myself and will be entering my team mate shortly. Now let me get this straight, if it`s just you, your team mate and your two cars, the only time you can do anything to your car or charge batts, etc, is when your up to drive, true?
Old 10-07-2009, 09:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Falcenduro
Hi guys, i`ve just entered myself and will be entering my team mate shortly. Now let me get this straight, if it`s just you, your team mate and your two cars, the only time you can do anything to your car or charge batts, etc, is when your up to drive, true?
Mate, the rules (in my layback interpretation) are that you can do anything you like with your car...... as long as you have your marshall in place. So one driver can repair the car, change batteries, all that jazz.... but the other will be out getting a tan, flipping Grasshoppers back onto their wheels and removing Frog driveshafts from the fast line.

Make sense? Hope so....

Alex
Old 10-07-2009, 10:17 PM
Tech Elite

[QUOTENow let me get this straight, if it`s just you, your team mate and your two cars, the only time you can do anything to your car or charge batts, etc, is when your up to drive, true? ][/QUOTE]

...and thats the true beauty of this event. Bench time = Less laps - LOL!

While team 'NORTH WIND' (Darryn Johnson and myself) found that a reliable setup and conservative driving made for more laps and ultimately the win at last years race meeting at Knox.

This year will be harder on the cars with no break mid way which means no motor changes in the half hour break- DOH! All work to cars will be done while your team mate is marshalling.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

Now let me get this straight, if it`s just you, your team mate and your two cars, the only time you can do anything to your car or charge batts, etc, is when your up to drive, true?
...and thats the true beauty of this event. Bench time = Less laps - LOL!

While team 'NORTH WIND' (Darryn Johnson and myself) found that a reliable setup and conservative driving made for more laps and ultimately the win at last years race meeting at Knox.

This year will be harder on the cars with no break mid way which means no motor changes in the half hour break- DOH! All work to cars will be done while your team mate is marshalling.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default pit stops

Hmmm, i`m still a little scetchy on this one. Maybe if I could get some answers to these q's?

I`m asuming one transponder is shared between the teams two cars (if you have two), and that theres only one start to the race. So if theres two in a team, one would be driving and the other marsheling, then you`d swap. So if theres no third team member how/when can this be acheived?
Old 10-08-2009, 01:24 AM
Tech Elite

Basicaly the 1st driver takes the stand at the beginning of the 4 hour race while the second driver is given a place to marshall on the track. When the first driver is running low on battery the driver has to collect the car from the track and must take his car to the pit table. What you do from here is up to you. Usualy you'd set the car up for the next run but this can be done later on. Then the first driver must make his way to his team mate out on the track where they must tag out without the second driver ever leaving his marshalling position on the track. Second driver then collects his (or shared) car from the pit table, place on the track then climb the drivers stand to recommence racing.
Idealy having your gear sorted before the race and streamlining the way you go about your day will equal more laps.
Also the transponder must be shared between each team. Last year there was no two transponder teams.

As for the 3rd team member...well this is a new concept and what this might mean is that one guy drives, the other marshalls while the 3rd can organise the pits station and keep cars running smoothly. This is yet to be decided upon as far as i know.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Falcenduro
Hmmm, i`m still a little scetchy on this one. Maybe if I could get some answers to these q's?

I`m asuming one transponder is shared between the teams two cars (if you have two), and that theres only one start to the race. So if theres two in a team, one would be driving and the other marsheling, then you`d swap. So if theres no third team member how/when can this be acheived?
Simple mate. You are driver, your team mate is marshall. You run for as long as you want within the rules (1 or two battery packs, until you break, until your designated changeover time, whatever). You come down off the driver's stand, put car on table, get transponder out, put in team-mate's car or, leave where they can, or give it to them), walk to your marshalling position, and TAG, he goes back to the cars, puts his car on the track (with your team transponder) and away he goes. Repeat for four hours.

Alex
Old 10-08-2009, 01:28 AM
Tech Elite

Dammit... Bormac quicker than me...... unbelieveable!
Old 10-08-2009, 02:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default pit stops

Ahhhh!Now it all makes sence. Cool. Thanks guys. So really vintage enduro is just like the old school WWF. So does that mean that there could be some flying chairs thrown across the track that we`ll have to dodge?
Old 10-09-2009, 06:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

2 more entries.....

The Morton Bros, and Matt from South morang with an unnamed partner.

only five spots left.........
Old 10-09-2009, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Souds like spots are going to fly this year. What about 'TEAM SOLA'? Come on Louis!
Old 10-09-2009, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

Default Mmmmm.... Schumachers.....

Had a few moments to spend thinking about preparations for the Enduro.... that, and ran out of beer

Seems to be a few people considering running the almighty Schumacher brand.... so was thinking of running something different. Then found this box in the back room...... hmmm.... decisions decisions.....

Alex
Attached Thumbnails 2009 Knox Vintage Enduro at Keilor!!!-cougars.jpg   2009 Knox Vintage Enduro at Keilor!!!-cougars2.jpg  
Old 10-09-2009, 10:11 PM
Tech Elite

Seems to be a few people considering running the almighty Schumacher brand.... so was thinking of running something different. Then found this box in the back room...... hmmm.... decisions decisions.....
For crying out load Alex, would you put those blood-eye Schumacher parts into a damn postal box and send em to me so I can build you some damn freakin decent cars!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.