Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Whats the deal with AARCMCC NITRO ONROAD titles? >

Whats the deal with AARCMCC NITRO ONROAD titles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Whats the deal with AARCMCC NITRO ONROAD titles?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 12:24 AM
BG
Tech Addict

Yes a reschedule is in order here.

I vote for

January ( Australia Day long weekend)

NSW State Titles IC

March (early in the month)

Western Australia Titles IC

April ( Easter Weekend)

Victorian State Titles IC

June ( Just nice weather, well deserved holiday)

Queensland State Titles IC

August

South Australian State Titles IC

October

Australian Championships IC
Old 02-09-2004, 12:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by BG
Yes a reschedule is in order here.

I vote for

January ( Australia Day long weekend)

NSW State Titles IC

March (early in the month)

Western Australia Titles IC

April ( Easter Weekend)

Victorian State Titles IC

June ( Just nice weather, well deserved holiday)

Queensland State Titles IC

August

South Australian State Titles IC

October

Australian Championships IC
Good schedule Billy.

The only time anyone goes to WA is when they have the Nats that year. Sry but it's true so early March is probably a good date for WA.

I spoke to the Pres of the QRCCRA today and he couldnt see a problem with what we are proposing so I'll get onto the releative committee members in SA and see what they think about it. Then this weekend will speak to the other drivers about it and in a few weeks will put it to our committee for approval.

Then it's just a matter of writing up the proposal and sending it to the affilated host clubs and AARCMCC for their input and putting it to a vote if that even needs to be done. I don't think there is a requirement for event dates to be voted on they just need AARCMCC sanctioning approval. It would be nice to have all the state club committees on board and in favour of the proposed dates. Once that is done it can be adopted for the 05 season and beyond and hopefully will increase the amount of people who can travel to them by spreading them out a bit more evenly over the year.

Cheers Alastair
Old 02-09-2004, 12:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally posted by OZDC
BTW I don't see this as a 'rant' topic like some of those electric motor ones. I see it as a valuable discussion that might end up in some changes.DC
DC, it wasnt a rant topic. Just a valid question about the timing of the titles to promote valid discussion.

Funny how the elec guys have to jump in and put their 2cents into a topic that has nothing to do with them. I guess typing NITRO in the title isnt enough of a hint.
Old 02-09-2004, 01:16 AM
Tech Addict

I heard on the grapvine that the nationals may need to get resheduled to sept or november this year due to them clashing with the worlds
does anyone know when they are going to be on yet?
Old 02-09-2004, 01:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by sparksy
DC, it wasnt a rant topic. Just a valid question about the timing of the titles to promote valid discussion.

Funny how the elec guys have to jump in and put their 2cents into a topic that has nothing to do with them. I guess typing NITRO in the title isnt enough of a hint.
my posts were more focused on weather trends, have a look here for specific climatic data by location for nsw (the other stares are not far away)... if your going to re-work the calendar why not have at least a passing glance at when events are least likely to be rained out, you dont have to be electric OR nitro to see that makes sence
Old 02-09-2004, 01:43 AM
Tech Master

Actually no consaltation or talk between clubs is needed to change dates. If you read the letter of the law, rule 2.2 states you have to give AARCMCC 6 months notice for event sanctioning and rule 2.8.6 states that a club or state can loose their regular event timing to another club/state after one years grace.

Contact... my comment was not aimed at you.
Old 02-09-2004, 02:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Old 02-09-2004, 03:21 AM
Tech Master

Actually no consaltation or talk between clubs is needed to change dates. If you read the letter of the law, rule 2.2 states you have to give AARCMCC 6 months notice for event sanctioning and rule 2.8.6 states that a club or state can loose their regular event timing to another club/state after one years grace.

Contact... my comment was not aimed at you.
Oh ok so it was aimed at me. Well I thought the last time I looked I drove a nitro car as well. Guess that A final spot at the summer nats I must of been driving something else.

Sorry for butting in.

Coxy.
Old 02-09-2004, 03:32 AM
Tech Elite

Billy's schedule looks pretty good to me.
Not that we've attended an interstate AARCMCC event, but would like to do so. It'd be nice if some of these dates were in school holidays too, so I could bring my driver.
Old 02-09-2004, 03:37 AM
BG
Tech Addict

Driver what driver. You dont need him. I think we should have a day where the mechanics have a run of the cars and the drivers become the mechanics. Also for this day there should be no holds bar against open slander.

Who's in? There should be a sanctioned event of this, I would think it would be a great hit.

Cheers Bill
Old 02-09-2004, 04:09 AM
Tech Master

It wasnt aimed at anyone in particular, more of a broad brush stroke... if you didnt like it stiff shit.

When was the summernats sanctioned by AARCMCC?

A main.. wait.. haing on ... nope, couldnt care less. I won a meat tray at the RSL last year too.. does that count?
Old 02-09-2004, 04:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by contact
my posts were more focused on weather trends, have a look here for specific climatic data by location for nsw (the other stares are not far away)... if your going to re-work the calendar why not have at least a passing glance at when events are least likely to be rained out, you dont have to be electric OR nitro to see that makes sence
The only two meetings we are looking at changing are the SA and QLD titles.

Moving SA to August from March brings with it drier weather in SA in August than it does in March as far as my research shows.

Having the QLD titles in June is to have them in our dry season. Winter in QLD is all about day after day of dry weather as the BOM rain charts will show. We get our wet season in the spring (August storms) and deep summer Jan Feb cyclone season.

No other IC titles dates are to be changed we only want to spread out the first 3 titles of the year.

Again this is IC on-road only we are discussing, please have a look at the proposed calendar Billy G has posted.

Cheers Alastair
Old 02-09-2004, 04:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by BG
Driver what driver. You dont need him. I think we should have a day where the mechanics have a run of the cars and the drivers become the mechanics. Also for this day there should be no holds bar against open slander.

Who's in? There should be a sanctioned event of this, I would think it would be a great hit.

Cheers Bill
Bill, you ain't seen my driving . . . . "hit" would be the operative word.
Come to think of it, watching Sam with a screwdriver might be just as amuseing.
Old 02-09-2004, 02:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Toby,

My reference to rant was just in responce to Simons comments, not the nature of the topic. I mainly piped up because we started this discussion last sunday and I didnt get to finish it with you.

Bills proposal will require a number of clubs change their state titles dates. Eg. NSW for example, I think (may be wrong here) they are pretty set on Easter, and I can see why. If i remember correctly it was proposed some time ago that the Nats be held at Easter, it did not pass and I think NSW were against it.

Vic likes Australia Day, not sure if we would want to hang on to necessarily, and there is also the creek in NSW on Australia Day.

If we can get all clubs to agree great, but perhaps the SA-QLD swap would be easier as it will only involve 2 clubs one which appears willing already.

DC

Old 02-09-2004, 02:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Toby,

My understanding of that rule is that a club could possibly lose its date only if it has not run it for 12 months eg, ACT and TAS.
I dont think you could say, change QLD's date as it has been run each year.

DC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.